Imperial Speeder Bike Quadcopter - RC Groups

Imperial Speeder Bike Quadcopter

The Saga Continues...

Splash

RCG Users At it Again

Themed quad designs are all the rage and Star Wars has been the way to go. We've all wanted to fly an aircraft from the hit series and we've seen the Millennium Falcon and a Tie Interceptor already. Now comes an Imperial Speeder from RCG Plus Member AJWoods. He modded a toy version of the speeder and mated it with parts from the 3DR Iris to make this amazing looking creation that actually flys. It's one of the coolest looking quads we've ever seen and makes us ask the question, what's next?

Check out the Imperial Speeder Bike Build Thread on RCGroups.

Mar 13, 2015, 06:33 PM
Quad guys are 4x the fun :)
Wow...really nice, nice work. It is so cool to see that flying to the music. Amazing job and the FPV just adds icing to the cake. I can't say more.

What was the build time? How did you determine the lift you'd need to handle the speeder bike and trooper?

Edit: I missed the first thread...
Mar 13, 2015, 06:36 PM
urs
urs

wow

wow that is one fantastic adaptation of a model...the quad props dont even detract from the over all view...well done

pud
Mar 13, 2015, 06:50 PM
that is incredible! the arms and props are integrated perfectly with the speeder bike it looks like it belongs there, best part is that you can hardly see the arms and props when it's flying! putting the fpv inside the helmet is a great idea, what you did is beyond spectacular! I thought the falcon was impressive, this is pure innovation just like the falcon. keep up the great work!
Latest blog entry: Hubsan H107D Custom FPV Setup
Mar 13, 2015, 06:51 PM
Eye in the Sky
Great to see RC Groups recognizing the talents of it's members .

Adam has done an excellent job on the speeder Bike, inspired many to try the same...can't wait for the next project he comes out with

Olivier C, projects from Star Wars like the Tie Fighter and even a Despicable Banana Bomber....shows how this hobby can cross many venues and hopefully will show the general public that RC Flying is not the dreaded evil "Drone" the media has portrayed it to be !!
Mar 13, 2015, 06:52 PM
Pro Hoarder
That is the coolest thing I have seen in a long time..well done
Mar 13, 2015, 08:20 PM
LSU FOOTBALL
so funny
Mar 13, 2015, 09:19 PM
Beyond the dream of any kid form the 70's (Trust me I am one of them)... Nice job...
Mar 13, 2015, 10:31 PM
Dude you rocked it out....where do I sign I want to by one, give me a price?...let me know ...
healey.dsigns@gmail.com......647. 858-4596.... Thanks....
Mar 13, 2015, 11:30 PM
Eye in the Sky
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeppelin777
Dude you rocked it out....where do I sign I want to by one, give me a price?...let me know ...
healey.dsigns@gmail.com......647. 858-4596.... Thanks....

LOL...I dare say many were thinking the same thing...." If you Build them , they will , come Buy ".........
Mar 14, 2015, 01:27 AM
<- Balsa flies better ->
Sweet, nice job

Peter
Mar 14, 2015, 01:36 AM
DWA
DWA
1Corinthians 13:1-8
Very cool!
Latest blog entry: Carbon Fiber Bird
Mar 14, 2015, 01:44 AM
Star Wars always brings back the best of childhood memories. Amazing job!
Mar 14, 2015, 02:56 AM
I Crash Therefore I Buy
Notice how he took into consideration the rake of the chassis when static so it's level in mild forward flight.
Really great work.
Latest blog entry: Speeeeeder
Mar 14, 2015, 03:02 AM
Lecturer and Chief UAV Pilot
Someone should bring this out. It will sell like hotcakes.