Mar 08, 2015, 04:14 PM
No Guts, No Glory!
Thread OP
Question

body swaps for the Axial SCX10™ 2012 Jeep® Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon RTR

hey guys, I am fairly new to r/c trucks basically, and have a thought about easy body change ups. I bought a 1/10 Traxxas Summit a couple years ago and have really enjoyed it but lately I decided to pick up another truck and am considering the Axial SCX10™ 2012 Jeep® Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon RTR ... and so the idea of being able to swap out the bodies for the different looks has me wondering...

are the bodies interchangeable between these vehicles?

-Mark

Last edited by HuffDaddy; Mar 08, 2015 at 04:40 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Mar 08, 2015, 07:13 PM
oh that guy
The wraith has a completely different set up most of their bodies are wraith specific. A spawn body might work I am not sure though.
All scx10's have all the same chassis the only difference is wheelbase. Check the bodies wheelbase specs against your rig's if it is the same it will work. Even if it is different all you have to do is get the correct length suspension links to match the rear axle
Last edited by slim_chance; Mar 08, 2015 at 08:28 PM.
Mar 08, 2015, 07:52 PM
As long as the wheelbase is 12.3 you'll be fine. Proline has some nice body's as well but again check the wheelbase.
Mar 08, 2015, 09:50 PM
No Guts, No Glory!
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by slim_chance
The wraith has a completely different set up most of their bodies are wraith specific. A spawn body might work I am not sure though.
All scx10's have all the same chassis the only difference is wheelbase. Check the bodies wheelbase specs against your rig's if it is the same it will work. Even if it is different all you have to do is get the correct length suspension links to match the rear axle

ok, thank you... that makes sense because I did notice that the Spawn body was an option, the only other option, on most of the rigs, from what I saw so that got me to wondering.
Mar 08, 2015, 09:58 PM
No Guts, No Glory!
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by trail gunner
As long as the wheelbase is 12.3 you'll be fine. Proline has some nice body's as well but again check the wheelbase.
don't all the 1:10 scale rigs have a 12.3 wheelbase or I suppose they vary....?
Mar 08, 2015, 10:25 PM
oh that guy
They vary the more than you would think. usually about 9 inches up to around 13 wheelbase. Just like 1/1 vehicles. Look at the difference between a Suzuki Samurai and a F250.
Last edited by slim_chance; Mar 09, 2015 at 03:01 AM.
Mar 09, 2015, 09:22 AM
Slims right.
Mar 09, 2015, 03:10 PM
No Guts, No Glory!
Thread OP
so this is going to show my lack of knowledge

I looked up the 1/10 scale bodies on the Proline site and am not seeing refs to 12.3 wheelbase... actually, can't find any that mention wheelbase info at all...

can someone school me

here's one I was considering...
http://www.prolineracing.com/bodies/...de-clear-body/
Mar 09, 2015, 04:35 PM
Yea oops forgot to tell you you kinda got to know the rigs it suggest. That is a 12.3 I'm pretty sure but slim chime in here I ain't positive on that.
Mar 09, 2015, 06:13 PM
oh that guy
The only way i know is to look up the vehicles it suggest and check their specs. You can give or take a few mm or fractions of an inch and still be close enough to work.
Mar 09, 2015, 08:09 PM
No Guts, No Glory!
Thread OP
ok, so my dim light bulb just glowed a bit brighter for a second ... a delayed reaction lol (palm to forehead)

you guys were talking wheelbase but I wasn't understanding something.... I know what a dogone wheelbase is but wasn't making the obvious connection to that I need to know the wheelbase of the rig when looking for a new body...and I've confused myself because I am in the middle of deciding on which rig to get next

I figured I'd try to determine the wheelbase of the rig I am currently using, the 1/10 scale Traxxas Summit, which turns out to be a 14.84 inches (377mm) wheelbase... working too much OT has my brain a little scrambled

still don't understand how one determines the wheelbase of a replacement body if the product information doesn't include the wheelbase length... I guess I thought it would be more readily avail but maybe not...
Last edited by HuffDaddy; Mar 09, 2015 at 08:15 PM.
Mar 09, 2015, 10:04 PM
Wheelbase is the length from middle of the tire to the middle of the tire. The scx10 you said that you would most likely get is a absolute beast of a rig and its wheelbase is 12.3. Another kinda better rig is either the scx10 deadbolt scx10 G6 jeep or scx10 dodge ram power wagon in which case all these are 12.0 wheelbase. Now that don't sound like a lot but I have a scx10 deadbolt and my buddy has a scx10 honcho (same as the jeep you want with different body) and it makes a big difference when runnin the same obstacles side by side. In my opinion the 12.0 wheelbase is better but me and slim chance has talked about this before I know and he prefers the 12.3 if I recall right. And we both have are reasons on y and y not.
Mar 10, 2015, 09:04 AM
Suspended Account
Check out the last couple of pages on the "cool rigs" section.Shows three examples of Proline bodies I used on my two rigs.One truck is 12.3" wb & other is 12" wb.
Mar 10, 2015, 01:42 PM
oh that guy
I just like the little bit of extra reach the 12.3" has. The shorter WB rigs do have less tendency to get high centered though.
Mar 10, 2015, 07:21 PM
Suspended Account
Agreed. You don't notice the .3 of an inch all that much.But again just three examples of the body options available for the SCX-10.

Quick Reply