May 31, 2004, 05:09 PM
Thread OP
Question

**Metrics Size? building GWS EDF-55 A-10

Reading over the building instructions for the A-10....( Required ) a 1mm and 3mm drill bits. I did a search over the internet and can't find one site that sells Metrics Drill Bits that size. Can anyone suggest some other option?
Thanks
Bob
to remove ads between posts
May 31, 2004, 05:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbart
...( Required ) a 1mm and 3mm drill bits. I did a search over the internet and can't find one site that sells Metrics Drill Bits that size. Can anyone suggest some other option?
Thanks
Bob
Try www.hobby-lobby.com and search for KT569 ($9.90). I find the drill bit sizes (12 included) ideal for your needs.
May 31, 2004, 05:49 PM
Thread OP

DBL question

12 bits sizes 52-74 .....what does sizes 52-74 mean? I'm looking for 1mm and 3mm. will this work 52-74?
Thanks
Bob
May 31, 2004, 06:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbart
12 bits sizes 52-74 .....what does sizes 52-74 mean? I'm looking for 1mm and 3mm. will this work 52-74?
Thanks
Bob
I am not sure. I know my larger titanium drill bit set has numbered bits, but I don't know what their applications are. I do know that I purchased the set I recommended to build my A-10 and Mini-Telemaster, and the bits cut the smaller holes needed. Remember, this is a foam model, so use light pressure. Or, try a little heat on the wires then insert them for a snug fit. By doing this, the melted foam hardens to an exact fit around the wire and creates a surface to give expoxy a stronger holding point.

Quick Reply