Mar 05, 2015, 05:57 AM
Thread OP
New Product

Blade Glimpse FPV HD Camera Drone

this looks like fun!

The Blade® Glimpse™ quadcopter is the ideal platform for getting started in aerial cinematography. Despite its nano-size, the durable design can fly indoors or out and features an integrated camera with HD recording plus FPV video down-link capability. SAFE™ technology helps keep the quadcopter steady and you in control from hover to forward flight and back again. LiPo power allows up to seven minutes of video while the included USB charger can have you ready to fly again in no time.

Team View
Fun for more than just the pilot, Team View allows the Glimpse quadcopter downlink to stream FPV video on multiple iOS and Android smart-devices. Get the free Glimpse app at Google Play or iTunes stores and enjoy the view.

First-Person View
Your smart-device gives you access to the hottest trend in RC. The Glimpse quadcopter allows you to stream live 480p video via 5.8GHz Wi-Fi downlink. We’ve even included a universal bracket that makes it easy to attach your smart-device to the transmitter.

SAFE® Technology
The Blade® Glimpse™ quadcopter features exclusive SAFE (Sensor Assisted Flight Envelope) technology. A revolutionary electronic flight envelope protection system that makes it easy for anyone to start flying quadcopters. Its intuitive capabilities allow the quadcopter to battle windy conditions so that performance is consistently smooth. Pitch and roll limits are locked to offer a flight envelope that makes staying in control easy. Electronic self-leveling brings the quadcopter into a hover attitude the instant you release the sticks for stable image and video capture.

Durable Design
A flexible airframe and lightweight construction allow you to become a quadcopter pilot even if you bump into a few obstacles along the way. The configuration means the rotors are clear from camera view and the enclosure offers extra protection.

Integrated Camera
The built-in camera shoots true 720p HD video, can take 1.0 megapixel photos and store them on the included Micro SD card. Access is also available via the micro USB port. The adjustable camera lens pivots for a variety of vantage points.

Coreless Motors
The quadcopter includes a robust group of motors and a rotor design that’s ideal for it’s operation. Spare sets of rotors are included to keep you flying.

LiPo Power
The included 500mAh LiPo battery can be conveniently charged with the included charger that connects to any standard USB output. Expect flight times of 6–8 minutes.

Key Features

Fully assembled, no building necessary
SAFE® technology makes learning to fly a drone easy
Acclaimed reliability of Spektrum™ DSMX® 2.4GHz technology
Integrated HD camera (installed)
High-definition 1280 x 720p video and 1.0MP photo capability
Effective 80-foot (24m) live video downlink range
Live FPV video via 480p Wi-Fi downlink to multiple smart-devices (not included)
Record photos and video via the Micro SD memory card (included)
Tough yet lightweight airframe with durable blade guards
High-contrast trim scheme helps maintain orientation
Potent motor system offers great performance with low noise
Replacement rotor blades (included) keep you flying
500mAh 1S Li-Po flight battery and USB charger (included)
Enjoy 6–8 minute flight times indoors or outdoors
Needed To Complete

4+ channel, multi-function transmitter with Spektrum™ 2.4GHz DSM2®/DSMX® technology is required to fly.
Live video streaming requires a compatible iOS and/or Android smart-device and the free Glimpse app available from iTunes or Google Play.

Completion Level: Bind-N-Fly
Main Rotor Head Type: Multi-Rotor
Main Rotor Diameter: 60mm
Main Blade Material: Plastic
Main Motor Type: Brushed
Main Motor Size: 8mm
Battery: Li-Po
Length: 160mm
Height: 50mm
Width: 160mm
Main Frame Material: Plastic
Canopy/Body Material: Plastic
Flying Weight: 52g
Approx Flying Duration: 6–8 minutes
Recommended Environment: Indoor/Outdoor
Is Assembly Required: No

Blade® Glimpse™ FPV HD Camera Drone (2 min 2 sec)
Last edited by ChuckTseeker; Mar 05, 2015 at 06:04 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Mar 05, 2015, 06:07 AM
Maybe coming with this new battery if someone can confirm it's a new product also ?

http://www.horizonhobby.com/37v-500m...-eflb5001s25um
Mar 05, 2015, 07:20 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flushdream
Maybe coming with this new battery if someone can confirm it's a new product also ?

http://www.horizonhobby.com/37v-500m...-eflb5001s25um
checked out the spare parts and yes this is the battery recommended

3.7V 500mAh 1S 25C LiPo, High Current UMX Connector EFLB5001S25UM
$12.34 $12.99
Pre-order

cheers chuck
Mar 05, 2015, 07:44 AM
I seriously don't know yet what to make of this.

My initial reaction was "Whiskey Tango Foxtrot are you doing HH? "
No Fatshark compatiblity?
Yet another battery form factor?
Also, literally calling it a "camera drone" is not at all a good idea in the current political climate.

This could have been a worthy succesor to the troubled Nano FPV, and you blew it.
Mar 05, 2015, 09:45 AM
Aerial Birdwatcher
Omg.
Only 179 bnf?????
Yes!!!!!!!
Mar 05, 2015, 09:51 AM
The battle over the word "drone" is lost, you can't fight popular usage. Rather than trying to convince people that our toys are not "drones", we are better off convincing them that our drones are harmless by flying safely.
Mar 05, 2015, 10:19 AM
Aerial Birdwatcher
Not blown for me.
I don't have goggles, but I have an iPhone 5S!
Mar 05, 2015, 12:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bergenflier
Omg.
Only 179 bnf?????
Yes!!!!!!!
I wouldn't say "only". There are already BNF Chinese fpv quads on the market that cost a lot less. And knowing how HH works, replacement parts will be extortion priced just like all their other stuff. Too little, too late and for too much.
Mar 05, 2015, 12:55 PM
Aerial Birdwatcher
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPnut
I wouldn't say "only". There are already BNF Chinese fpv quads on the market that cost a lot less. And knowing how HH works, replacement parts will be extortion priced just like all their other stuff. Too little, too late and for too much.
No.
I only stick with horizon
Mar 05, 2015, 01:06 PM
Aerial Birdwatcher
Glimpse app is not on the app store.
Mar 05, 2015, 01:12 PM
Looks nice but I just bought a Nano 3d. Horizon stop taking my $$$
Mar 05, 2015, 01:13 PM
Aerial Birdwatcher
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan93civic
Looks nice but I just bought a Nano 3d. Horizon stop taking my $$$
Sell some of your old stuff.
Mar 05, 2015, 02:49 PM
I might just do that.
Mar 05, 2015, 03:08 PM
Big FPV Balls
WiFi video lag... no thanks

what do you mean I crashed 10 seconds ago I'm still flyin'.
Last edited by noobiznessflying; Mar 05, 2015 at 03:16 PM.
Mar 05, 2015, 03:15 PM
Oops. I posted a duplicate posting. This is exciting for AP but the WiFi is not suited for FPV. I have the Nano FPV backordered. Tempted to cancel but I want to fly FPV with my Fatsharks. HH keeps taking my money. I have a love and hate relationship with them. Hate because they have QC issues but decent customer support. I don't know why I keep throwing money at products with QC issues.

Quick Reply