USS Minneapolis C-13 - Page 3 - RC Groups
Aug 20, 2015, 07:22 AM
The Minneapolis is going to need around 90 "flap" portholes, for my Brooklyn I resin cast these little pita things,, the 3D print guy I have been working with came through again.. they even have a recess for placing a "glass" https://www.shapeways.com/product/CS...ionId=57621102

the glass ring matches the 3/16ths brass eyelet size so all the portholes will look the same..
Last edited by tghsmith; Aug 20, 2015 at 01:51 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Aug 27, 2015, 09:48 AM
http://www.shapeways.com/shops/3dboa...14+US+Navy&s=0 and the predred fittings keep coming..
Sep 01, 2015, 02:16 PM
propmeup1@verizon.net has done a fantastic set of the three props needed for the Minneapolis/Columbia hull.. the "stub" on the center prop will ride in a bushing that is mounted in the hull section that supports the rudder,, one drawing shows this, one doesn't, but photos prove it..
Sep 01, 2015, 05:27 PM
no such thing as to many boats
looking good
Sep 16, 2015, 03:25 PM
spent a good part of the day playing with resin,, by next week I should have a hull..
Sep 22, 2015, 01:33 PM
bow, stern and keel trimmed and prepped for joining the half sections together..
Sep 22, 2015, 03:50 PM
Looking forward to seeing this one getting completed!
Jun 22, 2017, 08:45 AM
planning on getting back to work on this hull soon, did find a good detail photo, just wish I could find a view like this of the bridge and for-deck..
Jun 22, 2017, 03:10 PM
Brought to you by letter Arr!
Aw man, I wish I would have known you were looking for those. I was in the still photo archive at NARA less than two weeks ago scanning photos for the Concord project. I think I even had the folder for the Minneapolis among the files I pulled...
Jun 23, 2017, 06:47 AM

Does this help?

Tigh,
I have a stash of photos from a number of sources that include the "white" fleet and I think include Minneapolis. It will take me a day or so to access them. It would help if you could tell me what views and what kind of details you are looking for.
Jonathan
Jun 23, 2017, 07:17 AM
really need the area of below the wooden bridge, around the main cabin were it joins the fighting bridge "tube" I have most of her images that I know exist.. the stereoview photo above was new to me. have LOC photos on file, most of them are full profile take from a low angle.. camera gear was so bulky during this time frame that only a few ships had on deck photos taken.. as always any help is greatly welcomed and will be returned in kind if able!!! just need get to get to work, I'm sure as soon as I build the areas in question new old photos will show up causing rebuilding...
Jul 26, 2017, 01:14 PM
made up a work stand , deck edges have had some trimming,started adding a few bulkheads, line for the sub-deck has been marked..
Jul 26, 2017, 02:52 PM
Brought to you by letter Arr!
Glad to see you back at work on the Minnie. Should be enough time to have her ready for October!
Jul 26, 2017, 03:38 PM
hopefully, she'll be ready for sea trials.. and she'll be armed, her 8 inch has been done one the shelf for a while and her 6ers are waiting for paint .. once a the sub-deck , bulkheads and a few cross frames are epoxied in the hull will be ready for running gear installation..
Jul 28, 2017, 07:32 AM
bulkheads and sub-deck support framing in place, sub-deck will get epoxied down today and left to cure over the weekend..