Jul 22, 2018, 10:19 AM

canopy/hatch for ME-163

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herrsavage
I have one, but Iím in Europe...
Is there any way to get it shipped here for a reasonable price - like under $25?
to remove ads between posts
Jul 22, 2018, 10:27 AM

Photo of my ME-163 with rocket power on

As long as I'm on this thread looking for a new canopy/hatch for my ME-163, I thought I'd send a great photo of mine with the rocket power on. A friend of mine, who is a great photographer, captured this.
Jul 22, 2018, 10:31 AM

release in USA ???

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyHK
Will this be released in the US anytime soon?
Jul 20, 2019, 09:47 AM
Hi guys. Maidened my Komet after years of it sitting in the basement and lost my dolly in a vast stretch of unmowed field. So I made one. Was a little proud of myself so was compelled to make a video.
So here it is for some of you short of a dolly...

How to Make Your own Dolly for the Durafly Me-163 (5 min 47 sec)
Oct 07, 2019, 07:01 PM
Well, mine has seen three crashes with major repairs and has added some glue weight. Although I have one of the red ones still in a box, its time for a wing modification on this old one to increase its wing area.

Intend to glue or fix in place the ailerons following the camber of the wing and add a balsa aileron of equal width behind it with the minor reflex included. Reuse the control horns and yes, longer control rods. Might have to move the battery back a bit for balance, but I think this will work and make take off on short grass easier.
Oct 08, 2019, 08:00 PM
Wow...forgot about this thread. So far just one flight on mine. Then I was excited to use the rocket, so I jimmied up a connector with two wires at the end as my 'test light' On the kitchen, I just touched the two together after activating the switch and they sparked. Good enough for me. So at the field, I did the same test and saw no spark. Instead, i smelt smoke which sure enough started billowing out the canopy. So my little test wire ended up frying my hobbyking RX switch... good thing nothing else fried. So... that said, bad idea then huh? Obviously, I'm no electrical genius. Will have to order a new switch and rig up an actual test light.
Feb 23, 2020, 10:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirlordwhitman
Wow...forgot about this thread. So far just one flight on mine. Then I was excited to use the rocket, so I jimmied up a connector with two wires at the end as my 'test light' On the kitchen, I just touched the two together after activating the switch and they sparked. Good enough for me. So at the field, I did the same test and saw no spark. Instead, i smelt smoke which sure enough started billowing out the canopy. So my little test wire ended up frying my hobbyking RX switch... good thing nothing else fried. So... that said, bad idea then huh? Obviously, I'm no electrical genius. Will have to order a new switch and rig up an actual test light.
How did that dolly work out? I like the wider wheels especially for grass. You could use a longer rod to spread out the wheels as was done in other modifications and subsequently provided in the red Komet and the Japanese version.
Feb 27, 2020, 12:44 AM
Haven't even bought a new switch yet. ADD gets the best of me in this hobby
Mar 07, 2020, 02:54 AM
I really want one of these. Any chance of them being re-released?

Anyone(from HK)? Anyone?... Bueller?

Quick Reply