Thread Tools
Mar 31, 2019, 12:24 AM
Registered User
kablake's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1QwkSport2.5r
The 56LX replaced the 60LX as the 60 was a tiny bit more finicky. The 56LX is said to be more user friendly. Indeed you’re correct that the LX engines are high performance engines. Dubs words say it’s one step down from a race engine. Use a gold Jettstream muffler on it or a full pipe ONLY. If using a generic Macs 7.5cc pipe, the stinger needs to be reduced in ID for more backpressure.
Yeah, Dub was quite precise and exact on his description of the engine in the emails I exchanged with him. He mentioned it was quite picky in tuning and Never run it LEAN, EVER!!! I may end up sending it to him to have him check it out and see what shape it's in. I wonder if he could modify it to make it a bit easier to deal with.. I got it a at a relatively inexpensive price and the seller didn't know much about it himself... Always something to learn.. I have learned quite a bit after returning to the Hobby in 2016 after being out 17 year on many of these forums.. 1QwkSport, you helped me quite a bit on my thread of the Fox Eagle 4 .74 as well as many others.. Much appreciated...
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Mar 31, 2019, 05:20 AM
GloBroz PowerLab
1QwkSport2.5r's Avatar
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by kablake
Yeah, Dub was quite precise and exact on his description of the engine in the emails I exchanged with him. He mentioned it was quite picky in tuning and Never run it LEAN, EVER!!! I may end up sending it to him to have him check it out and see what shape it's in. I wonder if he could modify it to make it a bit easier to deal with.. I got it a at a relatively inexpensive price and the seller didn't know much about it himself... Always something to learn.. I have learned quite a bit after returning to the Hobby in 2016 after being out 17 year on many of these forums.. 1QwkSport, you helped me quite a bit on my thread of the Fox Eagle 4 .74 as well as many others.. Much appreciated...
I’m always glad to help when I can - even if I am a bit biased.

Yes - Dub is very specific. Two important thing to remember with Dubs engines. Always run rich, and RPM RPM RPM!!!! Watch Dubs tuning videos on YouTube if you’re unsure of anything. Jett Aerotech.
Mar 31, 2019, 06:17 AM
GloBroz PowerLab
1QwkSport2.5r's Avatar
Thread OP
Silly me! I never posted bench videos of my Dub Jett beauties..

BSE .56LX with de-tuned (1/2” longer than intended as send by Dub) pile and 10x6 prop. 15/20 custom fuel.
Jett BSE .56LX final bench run. (5 min 9 sec)


BSE .35 third tank of fuel for breaking in. Nothing fancy.
Jett BSE .35 AAC Part III (2 min 22 sec)


Even on the small props they like to turn, they will idle sub-2000rpm without much fuss. The carburetors on these engines work really well and the engines are just so user friendly considering they’re high power.
Apr 05, 2019, 09:01 AM
Master re-kitter
SRQFlyer's Avatar

Need some Jett help!


This belonged to a late (too-soon passed) member of our club. I think it is a Sport-Jett 90 (from measurements) of some variety. It is in nice shape with excellent pinch and good carb and bearings. A few questions:

1. What is it exactly and what is it worth?
2. There is no muffler, but the bolt pattern for the header that was with it matches. I'm not sure about the pipe - does it go? OA length = 15-1/2", major diameter = 1-1/2"

Any and all help greatly appreciated!

Jim
Apr 05, 2019, 10:05 AM
Balsadustus Producerus
1Qwk...is that throttle lever on the test stand a propeller blade? Cool!
Latest blog entry: Single Channel Case
Apr 05, 2019, 10:16 AM
GloBroz PowerLab
1QwkSport2.5r's Avatar
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balsabird
1Qwk...is that throttle lever on the test stand a propeller blade? Cool!
Yeah it is. It’s a 10x6 MAS that is about 20 years old I’d guess, and using it on an engine, it chucked a blade while an engine was spinning it. The engine stopped immediately and I found the prop blade in the neighbors yard. The hub was still attached to the remaining blade, so it became my throttle lever for my test stand. It works pretty well and it adds what I call, “character” to my redneck test stand.
Apr 05, 2019, 01:11 PM
Closed Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1QwkSport2.5r
and it adds what I call, “character” to my redneck test stand.
That it certainly does....
Apr 05, 2019, 05:39 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1QwkSport2.5r
Yeah it is. It’s a 10x6 MAS that is about 20 years old I’d guess, and using it on an engine, it chucked a blade while an engine was spinning it. The engine stopped immediately and I found the prop blade in the neighbors yard. The hub was still attached to the remaining blade, so it became my throttle lever for my test stand. It works pretty well and it adds what I call, “character” to my redneck test stand.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brutus1967
That it certainly does....
After seeing that test board, I get the impression that one can Spatchcock a chicken, and at the same time break in a new engine.
Apr 05, 2019, 06:18 PM
GloBroz PowerLab
1QwkSport2.5r's Avatar
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClubFlyer
After seeing that test board, I get the impression that one can Spatchcock a chicken, and at the same time break in a new engine.
That’s funny right there... .
Apr 05, 2019, 09:59 PM
Scott
Pylonracr's Avatar
You do break engines in on a rather nice cutting board Tim......
Apr 06, 2019, 01:50 PM
Registered User
kablake's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1QwkSport2.5r
Yeah it is. It’s a 10x6 MAS that is about 20 years old I’d guess, and using it on an engine, it chucked a blade while an engine was spinning it. The engine stopped immediately and I found the prop blade in the neighbors yard. The hub was still attached to the remaining blade, so it became my throttle lever for my test stand. It works pretty well and it adds what I call, “character” to my redneck test stand.
My small home made test stand... Did a few mods since then, changed the wire to a solid rod... Going to build a stand for it that has folding legs to move it to the airfield...
Apr 06, 2019, 02:07 PM
GloBroz PowerLab
1QwkSport2.5r's Avatar
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pylonracr
You do break engines in on a rather nice cutting board Tim......
Made from hardwood flooring. .
Apr 06, 2019, 09:23 PM
Scott
Pylonracr's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1QwkSport2.5r
Made from hardwood flooring. .
Guess some of us Red Necks eat off of the floor???????????

Scott
Apr 06, 2019, 10:23 PM
GloBroz PowerLab
1QwkSport2.5r's Avatar
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pylonracr
Guess some of us Red Necks eat off of the floor???????????

Scott
LOL. I guess if you do, that’s your deal. If you ate off mine, you’d be extremely “regular”.
Apr 07, 2019, 12:33 AM
Registered User
Well some of you folks rather eat off floor (some sort of fetish). I tend to have a more southern fetish.


Quick Reply
Message:

Thread Tools