Mar 02, 2015, 05:56 PM
GloBroz PowerLab
Thread OP
Discussion

Club Jett

There's no general Jett Engineering engine threads here, so I'm starting one. Dub Jett makes some fantastic engines and I'm posting some photos to show off. Shown is the BSE (Bar Stock Engines) signature series sport Jett .56LX. I opted for a full wave tuned pipe (not pictured yet) for maximum performance. They make a sand-cast case version but isn't as pretty. Power is the same between the sand cast and the BSE versions. All engines come standard with a JettStream tuned muffler and remote needle valve. The LX upgrade includes a black anodized head clamp and higher timing. Advertised power on Jett's website says 18,000rpm on a 10x6 APC and 15% Powermaster fuel. That number is for the tuned muffler version I believe, I expect a bit more power from the full tuned pipe.

I believe the LX upgrade automatically means it has a true AAC piston/cylinder but I asked for the AAC upgrade anyway. Unboxing video to come soon.
to remove ads between posts
Mar 02, 2015, 07:46 PM
Nice rig....
Mar 02, 2015, 07:56 PM
Nice engine and setup there too. Congratulations, you got a good one there for sure.
Latest blog entry: yes I still fly airplanes too
Mar 02, 2015, 08:32 PM
GloBroz PowerLab
Thread OP
Thanks fellas. Here are a couple photos of my Jett .35 AAC. Advertised power for this one is 18,200rpm on a 9x6 APC and 15% Powermaster fuel. Beautifully running engine. This one was briefly named the rabid banshee for lack of a better name for it. I'm a bit of a knucklehead and put the .35 on a small 4.5lb 3-point hydrofoil airboat (3rd picture). So far,it's gone 50mph according to a GPS. It's had some modifications and should be hitting 55-60mph by now. The bigger version of the boat in pic 3 (4th picture) has a SuperTigre S90K and Jett muffler. That model of boat has gone 65.1mph using a Jett 60LX. Weight of that boat is about 7 pounds.
Mar 02, 2015, 08:50 PM
Reminds me of a Manta Ray...
Mar 02, 2015, 08:55 PM
GloBroz PowerLab
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Broken Wings
Reminds me of a Manta Ray...
Here's a video of said Manta-Ray lookalike.
RCAA R/C Airboat Record Submission - SI3 .20 series (3 min 27 sec)
Mar 02, 2015, 11:17 PM
That is pretty wicked. Yours did better than mine did years ago. I was running the Dumas boats and a homemade boat at the time. I had a Fox .60 on my big boats, but if they hit a ripple or something to cause them to nose up even slightly, they would go airborne. Of course with no flight controls, the flopped around and wound up inverted. Then I had to go fetch them. After that I moved to Arizona and that ended my boating days.
Mar 03, 2015, 08:40 AM
GloBroz PowerLab
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by earlwb
That is pretty wicked. Yours did better than mine did years ago. I was running the Dumas boats and a homemade boat at the time. I had a Fox .60 on my big boats, but if they hit a ripple or something to cause them to nose up even slightly, they would go airborne. Of course with no flight controls, the flopped around and wound up inverted. Then I had to go fetch them. After that I moved to Arizona and that ended my boating days.
These SI3 boats are slick little pieces of wood. They can be built from plans or from a laser cut kit. My little Enya SS30 moved that boat at a good 40mph or better so a regular run of the mill engine would haul one around pretty good. The 1/4 scale version running an outrunner brushless and 12 cells ran 68mph, and that boat weighs 30 pounds or thereabouts.
Last edited by 1QwkSport2.5r; Mar 03, 2015 at 09:09 AM.
Mar 03, 2015, 09:21 AM
GloBroz PowerLab
Thread OP
Here's how much the .56 weighs including header and tuned pipe. A hair lighter than typical .46's. TT pro .46 15.8oz (without muffler likely), ST GS45 ABC 18.5oz w/muffler, OS 46AX II 13.3oz w/o muffler. Not a big weight difference, but the power to weight ratio is impressive.
Mar 03, 2015, 03:45 PM
Where did you get that pipe from? Is there any brand or model number, etc.? You know the stinger on the tuned pipe you depict seems a little large in size. The stingers on my pipes tend to be a little smaller in diameter. Also that pipe looks really short but maybe it is short so it can turn higher RPMs that I was normally running engines at.
Mar 03, 2015, 04:55 PM
GloBroz PowerLab
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by earlwb
Where did you get that pipe from? Is there any brand or model number, etc.? You know the stinger on the tuned pipe you depict seems a little large in size. The stingers on my pipes tend to be a little smaller in diameter. Also that pipe looks really short but maybe it is short so it can turn higher RPMs that I was normally running engines at.
It's a Macs pipe and header and it came with the engine. I ordered it that way. I don't have the model number with me, but it's a 7.5cc pipe and it has a restrictor pressed into the stinger. It doesn't reduce the I.D. by much but it's there nonetheless. The sizing is all in how Dub tuned it. His instructions he emailed to me said to get the engine running really good and when I'm comfortable with it and it isn't blowing plugs to cut another 1/2" off the header. He basically has it de-tuned a bit until it's broke in.
Mar 03, 2015, 07:22 PM
Ok, that is cool then. Everything is fine. I was curious as it looked different from what I normally see. That explains it all pretty well. Thanks
Mar 03, 2015, 08:31 PM
GloBroz PowerLab
Thread OP
Macs products Header (2490) and tuned pipe (1140). Pics below. Smaller tuned pipe is a Macs pipe for a .21-.32 engine that I have installed with a SuperTigre S29.
Mar 03, 2015, 08:32 PM
GloBroz PowerLab
Thread OP
The instruction sheets that came with the .56LX.
Mar 04, 2015, 09:03 PM
GloBroz PowerLab
Thread OP
Some more pictures of Dub Jett's artwork.

Quick Reply