This thread is privately moderated by extremewing, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Aug 25, 2019, 09:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeCube
Thanks for the input. It's a charger lead for JR, I believe. It showed .15v when connected correctly but not charging. It's a smart charger for many different types of cells, so should be good (for charging NiMH directly)

Thanks Kevin, that's good to know. I'll find one (12V DC power supply) so I don't need to remove the battery all the time.
Sorry I was not clear. I do understand. Thanks for the info!
to remove ads between posts
Aug 26, 2019, 07:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by graywoulf
Hi guys. I am new to the DLG scene as well as a new Taranis Q X7 owner. I just bought a small DLG called the Whipit by Horizon Hobby and I am trying to get my Q X7 set up with the glider. So far I have the Tx bound to the glider via an iRangeX IRX4 module and I have set up dual rates as well. I cannot figure out how to set up a launch mode though. Maybe I don't really need one with a small glider like this but I have not seen any information on this to tell me if I do or not. I would really appreciate some help on this.
As new to Taranis as you (have a long way to go before I will master it), and is just assembling my first HLGs, both bought a thousand years ago, or so.

One Swyft (Liftworks, Seattle, WA), one Zagi THL (Zagi LLC, Sprint Lake, ID).

Built my first Zagi in the 90's, and haven't flown anything the last 15 years or so. So I have somewhat control of the building process.

Never built a Swyft, shall be interesting! Don't know if Scobie still makes them!
Nov 25, 2019, 09:09 PM
excelling at mediocrity

Bump!

OK... I've been on the phone with Adrian about this and he's working on finding the solution...

I have a new X9D+2019.
OpenTX Companion 2.3.2 is my current firmware.
Adrian guided me through the steps to when I try to "Write models and settings to radio", I get this error message...
Anybody have a solution?
Nov 25, 2019, 09:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JONKE
OK... I've been on the phone with Adrian about this and he's working on finding the solution...

I have a new X9D+2019.
OpenTX Companion 2.3.2 is my current firmware.
Adrian guided me through the steps to when I try to "Write models and settings to radio", I get this error message...
Anybody have a solution?
Which of those two windows are youtrying to write? It looks like the one on the right. If so was that a window that resulted when youread models from you radio and then you dragged the DLG set-up to it?
Nov 25, 2019, 10:43 PM
excelling at mediocrity
Correct. The one on the right.
I am very new to this opentx stuff!

How I got there:
1) Dragged eepe to window on right, position 02
2) Selected #02 (AD.DLG4.1)
3) Clicked on "Write Models and Settings to Radio"
4) Error message

Hope that answered your question!
Looking for a work-around, or...?

John
Nov 26, 2019, 05:21 PM
A different attitude to RC
Thread OP
Why would John be getting this error message when uploading a model setup that includes AD.DLG - it also generates thjis error when trying to use the simulator.

I cannot get much of a clue online on this message.
Nov 26, 2019, 06:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by extremewing
Why would John be getting this error message when uploading a model setup that includes AD.DLG - it also generates thjis error when trying to use the simulator.

I cannot get much of a clue online on this message.
Which firmware is in the radio?

From what I gather it is listed 3 times because there were 3 things it didn't like. Did it copy anyway?
Nov 26, 2019, 07:25 PM
solastagia
I've been using this nice DLG program for quite awhile, thanks!

I was setting up a new model, and it occurred to me I really don't understand what Curve 2 is for? Is it just to make the flap deployment non-linear, following the curve? That doesn't make a lot of sense to me. I was hoping there was a flap to elevator curve I could fine tune the down elevator to flap angle with, but that doesn't seem to be Curve 2?

Thanks,

Kevin
Nov 26, 2019, 07:33 PM
excelling at mediocrity
Quote:
Originally Posted by dang
Which firmware is in the radio?

From what I gather it is listed 3 times because there were 3 things it didn't like. Did it copy anyway?

Radio Firmware is version 2.3.2

It did not copy...

John
Nov 26, 2019, 07:57 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcaldwel
I've been using this nice DLG program for quite awhile, thanks!

I was setting up a new model, and it occurred to me I really don't understand what Curve 2 is for? Is it just to make the flap deployment non-linear, following the curve? That doesn't make a lot of sense to me. I was hoping there was a flap to elevator curve I could fine tune the down elevator to flap angle with, but that doesn't seem to be Curve 2?

Thanks,

Kevin
I would have to take a look to confirm, but it may be curve 3. The curve 2 on the flaps is so it is less sensitive near neutral to give you better accuracy and precision and the deeper they go, the more movement is produced.
Nov 26, 2019, 08:18 PM
solastagia
I thought Curve 3 was for the launch preset? " * Built in "safety" provided by Curve3 does not allow the trim to cause down elevator by mistake - even with full forward trim".

It seems the GV is the only flap to elevator adjustment. I'll add a curve for the flap to elevator mix. I just can't get it right on this glider without it it seems.

Thanks,

Kevin
Nov 27, 2019, 12:12 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
I thought Curve 3 was for the launch preset? " * Built in "safety" provided by Curve3 does not allow the trim to cause down elevator by mistake - even with full forward trim".

It seems the GV is the only flap to elevator adjustment. I'll add a curve for the flap to elevator mix. I just can't get it right on this glider without it it seems.

Thanks,

Kevin
You may be right. I would need to take a close look because it was a while ago now.
Dec 01, 2019, 09:54 PM
solastagia
After playing around a bit more, Curve 2 appears to be the flap to elevator curve, not a non-linear flap deployment.

Kevin
Dec 01, 2019, 10:53 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
After playing around a bit more, Curve 2 appears to be the flap to elevator curve, not a non-linear flap deployment.

Kevin
Yeah, you need a curve on that function.
Today, 02:29 AM
Thread OP
I updated the AD.DLG to 5.0 today. It will now load on OpenTX 2.3 and has some improvements. Please take a look and let me know what you think!
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...or-the-Taranis

Quick Reply