Aug 25, 2016, 01:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOBP2
now just GV's and Logic switches to make sense of
Good posts all round. This will help others with the learning curve in the future.
to remove ads between posts
Sep 02, 2016, 02:05 PM
I am setting up a Flitz with top drive Mks 65 servos. With the setting at no trim or sub trim, one Flap/Aileron is low by a couple of mm.

To level the flaps, I set Flap Zero to no camber or reflex and then dialed in just a tad of aileron trim to center the flaps.

Now at Zero flaps the the ailerons are level. at 50% the left aileron is 1mm greater deflection and at 100% Flaps the left aileron is 3mm greater.

I am wondering how best to adjust the imbalance. I assume both trim and sub trim have the same effect.
Sep 02, 2016, 02:35 PM
A different attitude to RC
Thread OP
The imbalance at deep flaps is likely caused by linkage symmetry being off. It is not all that important. If you did want to fix it, you could mess with the end point and centering of the servo's themselves in the servo settings screen.
Sep 03, 2016, 03:32 AM
Hi all!
I was reading the thread from the beginning and i am using the Adrians setup from last summer.
For me the easyest way to contol the difference between aileron linkages, is a curve with seven points added to one aileron channel. So i can set the same travel in different points.

Ps: Thanks for the epee extremewing.
Sep 03, 2016, 10:02 AM
Thanks Extremewing, your program and resources have been a big help. Yes, endpoints and a slight tweek to offset actually worked for this setup. As always reading the well put together setup page made it a breeze to get going. The suggestion on page one to replace the Global Variable on ailerons to individual settings for differential is probably a better way to synchronize the Linkage imbalance so I will try that approach today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by extremewing
The imbalance at deep flaps is likely caused by linkage symmetry being off. It is not all that important. If you did want to fix it, you could mess with the end point and centering of the servo's themselves in the servo settings screen.
Sep 03, 2016, 10:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by csaron
Hi all!
I was reading the thread from the beginning and i am using the Adrians setup from last summer.
For me the easyest way to contol the difference between aileron linkages, is a curve with seven points added to one aileron channel. So i can set the same travel in different points.

Ps: Thanks for the epee extremewing.
Brilliant, I will have to give that a try as well, sounds like a great option for dialing in the travel.
Sep 03, 2016, 11:02 AM
A different attitude to RC
Thread OP
Thank you to everyone for their kind words of support. It really makes all the effort worthwhile and justified. I am pleased to be of some help!!
Sep 04, 2016, 08:11 PM
Thanks much Extremewing. This was a great way to start with the Taranis. I tweaked quite a bit from you default, but it is so well designed that the changes felt intentional, not like hacks

John
Sep 05, 2016, 07:56 AM
Gator's here to see you:)
Thanks for all your effort with the program and follow up. Not sure where to post this question but this seemed about as good as any since it's a Taranis DLG setup mod ...

I've been using the same older Taranis x9d tx on my DLG for a couple years and the gimbals finally became unreliable. I could have replaced them but just ordered a new x9dP tx but can't find the mod to move the momentary switch from one side to the other (rt to lft). It seemed to me that there was an internal wiring swap on the board that I had to do years ago but just can't find the link to save my life. Will it be the same mod from my older tx to the newer plus tx, or maybe it's far simpler?

Thanks for any help finding the solution to moving my momentary sw so I can get back at it with my shiny new tx in my left hand and tossing the plane with my rt. Links are sure appreciated.
Mike
Last edited by gator; Sep 05, 2016 at 08:02 AM.
Sep 05, 2016, 08:04 AM
I don't want to "Switch Now"
Quote:
Originally Posted by gator
Thanks for all your effort with the program and follow up. Not sure where to post this question but this seemed like as good as any...

I've been using the same older Taranis x9d tx on my DLG for a couple years and the gimbals finally became unreliable. I could have replaced them but just ordered a new x9dP tx but can't find the mod to move the momentary switch from one side to the other (rt to lft). It seemed to me that there was an internal wiring swap on the board that I had to do years ago but just can't find the link to save my life. Will it be the same mod from my older tx to the newer plus tx, or maybe it's far simpler?

Thanks for any help finding the solution to moving my momentary sw so I can get back at it with my shiny new tx.
Mike
No need to swap the wires in the harness anymore. Just swap the switches and plug them in. (In fact you can't swap these wires anymore, they now use flat ribbon cable in the harness)

At one time Opentx had some special functionality on SH to read short and long presses, but now Opentx has that ability on any switch through the logical switches.

You might have to alter your programming a bit, because with the older wire swap method your momentary stayed on SH, but now it will be SF.

Pat MacKenzie
Sep 05, 2016, 08:33 AM
Gator's here to see you:)
Thanks for the quick response! I'm on it. I was trying to avoid digging into a program that was working great but I'll take a swing at it. Here's hoping it's a simple program tweak.
Sep 05, 2016, 08:37 AM
As Pat says, it's really simple now. I opted to simply purchase an additional mom switch and install it on the left. Now I have 2. I use the right mostly for call-outs like altitude or receiver battery.

The switches cost 5USD and come soldered to the little plug board.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmackenzie
No need to swap the wires in the harness anymore. Just swap the switches and plug them in. (In fact you can't swap these wires anymore, they now use flat ribbon cable in the harness)

At one time Opentx had some special functionality on SH to read short and long presses, but now Opentx has that ability on any switch through the logical switches.

You might have to alter your programming a bit, because with the older wire swap method your momentary stayed on SH, but now it will be SF.

Pat MacKenzie
Sep 05, 2016, 09:45 AM
I also switched the momentary switch (took 10 mins) and miss the easy call out for altitude I was using the rt mom sw for... I will need to find out where to buy another mom switch and do the upgrade.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dang
As Pat says, it's really simple now. I opted to simply purchase an additional mom switch and install it on the left. Now I have 2. I use the right mostly for call-outs like altitude or receiver battery.

The switches cost 5USD and come soldered to the little plug board.
Sep 05, 2016, 10:51 AM
The process of aligning the flaps on my Dlg was a great learning experience being very new to the Open Tx stuff.

The solution I ended up with for setting up the flaps ended was 1/ endpoints 2/ offset 3/ servo weight. I was not able to figure out how to have both gv for the flight modes and individual aileron/flap settings for set up at the same time which would have made it less convenient to change settings.

I assume that the slight differences in the mechanics allowed for the left aileron to be mechanically offset from the right. I did a digital offset to have the travel range match something like +7 and -5 . That brought them even, the geometry also created slightly different mechanical advantage, changing the weight seemed to be a quasi differential setting +97 and -112 and that did the trick to have them even through out the range.

A suggested way to have individual aileron differential was to eliminate the global variable for the ailerons >* If necessary, adjust AMin (Aileron Minimum) and AMax (Aileron Maximum) to give desired maximum flap deflection or up movement of the ailerons.
If you cannot get throws even left to right, change the aileron servo's Min and Max values to their own, different values instead of the GVAR's.
This may be necessary if the geometry of your servo's/horns/centering is different left to right.<

As I get better at Open Tx I will probably find out a way to use differential for set up in addition to global variables for easy flight updates simultaneously.
Sep 05, 2016, 06:04 PM
I don't want to "Switch Now"
If you just want a second momentary then buy a spare from Aloft.
https://alofthobbies.com/frsky-taran...ith-board.html
Plug and play

Quick Reply