This thread is privately moderated by extremewing, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Mar 03, 2015, 02:54 PM
From what I have learned so far there isn't that much ability to easily control the servo throws at other than endpoints and center. I can see how you could put each on its own multi point curve but I cant see how you can see the control location on that curve while simultaneously adjusting individual Y points to that X stick location? I guess trial and error or K.I.S.S.
to remove ads between posts
Mar 03, 2015, 03:05 PM
A different attitude to RC
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by elkski
From what I have learned so far there isn't that much ability to easily control the servo throws at other than endpoints and center.
That's just wrong. There are MANY ways which is actually part of the "problem" if you want to call it that.
Last edited by extremewing; Mar 03, 2015 at 03:22 PM.
Mar 03, 2015, 03:13 PM
Not sure I can live long enough to learn all this. I admit I am just trying to learn the minimum so I can decide which program to copy and be able to understand it and alter to my plane.

http://rc-soar.com/opentx/setups/calib/calibration.htm
Mar 03, 2015, 03:25 PM
DLG Fan

Automatic Launch Mode Reset

Adrian,

Thanks for your DLG eepes. Keep ‘em coming.

Question: Some smart person on RCGroups suggested having a DLG Launch mode that cancels itself when the elevator stick is pushed forward at the peak of the launch. Do you have any suggestions as to how to do that? Others?

Thanks,
RobertR
Mar 03, 2015, 03:49 PM
I fully appreciate Adrian's effort. Other wise I wouldn't have switched.. Well I really did need a new TX badly.

on4mj is the guy who had that neat sounding program that used the elevator push over and time to trigger a switch out of zoom mode. HE had some other real trick sounding features and has a blog. I may not quite be ready for his program at this time. I think it alleviated the need for a 3 way MOM switch for a launch switch.
Mar 03, 2015, 04:31 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Rent
Adrian,

Question: Some smart person on RCGroups suggested having a DLG Launch mode that cancels itself when the elevator stick is pushed forward at the peak of the launch. Do you have any suggestions as to how to do that? Others?

Thanks,
RobertR
To implement this in my model, simply change L2's V1 value to "[I2]Elev" (from CH9) and test. You may need to use -80% depending on your elevator direction. Now, pushing the elevator forward will exit Zoom mode.

Only problem with this is the flaps may still be deployed if the flap stick it not all the way forward when you push full forward elevator stick. I do not recommend something like flaps must be forward and full forward elev at the same time since that could get very confusing when using it on the field.
Mar 03, 2015, 05:06 PM
I'm not as bad as they say.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Rent
Adrian,

Thanks,
RobertR
There are already several solutions, some with elevator, some with throttle stick up. My version requires moving the mode switch back into the zoom position to release the launch/zoom mode. 1 switch quick turn.
Peruse the other taranis thread....
Latest blog entry: AIrcraft I've built.
Mar 03, 2015, 05:19 PM
If you can describe it logically, you can program it. Very flexible as far as mode changes and lockouts go
Mar 03, 2015, 09:49 PM
launch height can't fix stupid
Hey Adrian, there is nothing wrong with my program and I will take it any day. It could use an update to the new firmware capabilities though. What is unpredictable and complicated for you is precise and straight forward for me. You have come up with something that is simple per your needs and it may not be what someone else wants/needs. Not bashing, just trying to temper the message.

on4mj and others have done some pretty nifty setup and mixes to do all sorts of things. These can take a while for people to understand and implement but they are one way to solve the problem.

For all those out there with Taranis, I strongly recommend you look at the various programs and mods that exist out there, play with them on companion or in the tx, learn some of the programming, and give it a try. You will be able to find or program something if you are willing to put in the effort.
Last edited by corsha99; Mar 04, 2015 at 12:59 AM.
Mar 04, 2015, 09:18 AM
IT is obvious by definition that there are an infinite number of ways do do things but the intent of this post is for us non programmer types to be able to buy a Taranis and in a short time get our planes flying while at the same time learning the first steps of Open TX. By definition all of us will be coming from other radio types.
This program was a success to me in that I now have a plane that I could fly. IT was painful for both lack of open TX knowledge as well as lack of RC knowledge and coming from Futaba 8FG where so many things are done vastly different.
Mar 04, 2015, 10:19 AM
Hello I am brand new to RC anything. I have never flown an RC glider except for the gliders in a Real Flight simulater. I am hoping the real experience is very much the same. I have a DLG and a Taranis+ and have begun programming the Tx using this tutorial. https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show....php?t=2237469
So far I have been able to follow the tutorial and have successfully created a program up to the launch switch switch instructions. In reading this thread I don't see how someone like myself can download the eepe file and custom tailor it to there needs without some sort of tutorial on how to create the program in the first place. From what I have read there are many ways to solve a setup problem with open Tx. That may be a good thing if you are a open Tx expert but if you are a rookie like me there needs to be some sort of basic format that one can follow which will allow the open Tx system to make some sort of logical sense to a first time open Tx programmer. While there is probably a great eepe at the beginning of the thread it is essentially useless to me the rookie if you don't explane how and why it was created the way it was created in a step by step tutorial.
Last edited by SportPlane; Mar 04, 2015 at 11:57 AM.
Mar 04, 2015, 10:21 AM
Full disclosure, not sponsored
Sportplane, I am hoping to make a video explain this program. I need to just find a little time.
Mar 04, 2015, 10:34 AM
Thanks i do appreciate your willingness to post your eepe and I understand that making a tutorial would be time consuming. The point of my comment isn't to be critical of those posting up eepe's because many have certainly applauded the posters efforts. I am just saying that I the rookie cannot learn anything from this thread with out a tutorial to explain the eepe. I would like to know how it works.
Mar 04, 2015, 10:51 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by SportPlane
Thanks i do appreciate your willingness to post your eepe and I understand that making a tutorial would be time consuming. The point of my comment isn't to be critical of those posting up eepe's because many have certainly applauded the posters efforts. I am just saying that I the rookie cannot learn anything from this thread with out a tutorial to explain the eepe. I would like to know how it works.
Le Mon will post something and I will also go into more detail on each line in the mixes and other settings when i get some time. There are also a lot of tutorials on differfent elements of the Taranis and some of those may help you to understand some of this.
Mar 04, 2015, 11:04 AM
Thank You! A tutorial format like the one in the link I posted is easy to follow and easily modified should the need arise for a correction or a change in the order of process.

I have found many video tutorials and most all of them have something beneficial to offer. The problem with almost all of them is they are not a complete basic setup to operate a DLG. Trying to learn from most of the videos can be frustrating at best simply because many of the video makers do not follow the same format they all have their preferred method of navigating and using open Tx and almost all of them seem to add their own preferences to a basic workable adjustable setup. This is not the fault of the users of the Taranis Tx it is happening because Fr-Sky does not supply proper user instructions with their Radio.
Last edited by SportPlane; Mar 04, 2015 at 11:16 AM.

Quick Reply