This thread is privately moderated by extremewing, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Mar 03, 2015, 10:31 AM
launch height can't fix stupid
Well if Lemon can understand it..........

For those that do not know, I have been flying my Taranis in DLG comps for over a year and love it. My program is derived from multiple sources and works well for me.
to remove ads between posts
Mar 03, 2015, 10:44 AM
A different attitude to RC
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by elkski
Adrian is just getting started in the taranis. He has always flown with very simple programming as he prefers to just fly it. He likes simplicity and this is just a good entry level starter program. It is quick to get running and has all the basic features that you need to fly a DLG.
I am confident Adrian will be bitten by what this TX can do and never stop improving on a taranis program. THe bulldog has bitten.
You must understand that complicated is a handicap in flying. I attempted to get the simplest, yet feature rich setup. If you look at Cory's setup, imagine trying to change something and the amount of time it may require with unpredictable results. This setup is easy to change and it will give predictable results.

K.I.S.S.
Mar 03, 2015, 10:51 AM
Full disclosure, not sponsored
I like AD's startup. It was easy to move switch functions, etc right off. A guy could build on this easily, but for plug and play, its very nice.
Mar 03, 2015, 12:20 PM
JonBoy, how does this progarm compare to what you were using when you did so well in Vegas?
I think the program can get very complicated and maybe have a few more features, Multi rates, varied throws and diffs for each flight mode and not be that much complicated in operation. I agree a noob wouldn't know how to adjust all of these curves, diffs etc. Im very new to Taranis but I see that there will never be agreement on the best method since there are so many ways do do things. I am looking into Cory's program. I need one of those unobtainable switches.
Thinking about all of the settings and adjustments. What would be the disadvantage to having a long list of GVARS, function, direction, that you keep for each plane.

So if you want to adjust something you look at the list and function and adjust that GVAR as you watch its effect. Im thinking this would prevent you from having to find the screen that has the % number you want to adjust.
Mar 03, 2015, 12:34 PM
Thread OP
If you really have to, set different values for specific flight modes on the GVAR's (Instead of 'use GV0 value'), even if you just set a few.

Changing trim behavior in the flight mode settings is possible too. For instance set the rudder trim to its own value for flight modes launch and zoom would add whatever offset you want using the trim switches on the rudder while in those flight modes and just for those flight modes. Perfect. No new curves, mixes or switches.
Mar 03, 2015, 12:42 PM
Thread OP
PS

Randy, you need to simplify. Reduce variables. Use the basic setup and get the plane trimmed and flying perfectly.
Then, experiment by changing one thing and testing. If you change three things, you may forget to test (properly!) one of them. That leads to a surprise at some point.

My advice to anyone would be get the surfaces moving to spec or what you know you need starting from a clean copy of AD.DLG.X and following the OP exactly. Fly and trim it thoroughly. After that, tinker with the setup, adding or changing it for you with lots of flying between changes.
Mar 03, 2015, 12:43 PM
wrong descision, wrong time
When I get a chance, I'll grab this program and load it onto my taranis. I'm also a fan of simplicity
Mar 03, 2015, 01:07 PM
Yes using trims in each flight mode work well. One thing for sure is that it that with Taranis and the companion and writing and saving modified files to the TX I do see a possibility for disaster. I will be in no rush to fly until I look at all the movements of each surface. Just because I fly like Shet doesn't mean I cant keep track of a few extra switches.
Mar 03, 2015, 01:38 PM
Thread OP
Understood, in these conditions (its snowing).
Mar 03, 2015, 01:50 PM
I mean Adrian why bother with the Taranis.. why dont you make a flying helmet... that translates your thoughts to control the DLG.
Mar 03, 2015, 02:05 PM
Thread OP
Randy, maybe I need to moderate this thread?
Mar 03, 2015, 02:16 PM
I will behave... forget the helmet... the driod in your pocket should talk to the taranis in your backpack and thoughts should be all you need.

Ok so how would it be possible (maybe some are doing this already?) to create curves for each aileron such that even with a bit of uneven linkage the angle of each aileron is corrected and very even for the full flap pull? I know building them alike is the goal. But it seems like this taranis should be able to correct that. Just get into some calibration mode where you pull flaps and trim flaps equal as many points as you want and it fixes it. am I the only guy who is anal about flaps causing turning?
Mar 03, 2015, 02:28 PM
Oleg Golovidov
I thought Taranis had a whole menu page specifically for aligning servos.
Mar 03, 2015, 02:37 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by olgol
I thought Taranis had a whole menu page specifically for aligning servos.
Yes, it does.

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkski
Ok so how would it be possible (maybe some are doing this already?) to create curves for each aileron such that even with a bit of uneven linkage the angle of each aileron is corrected and very even for the full flap pull? I know building them alike is the goal. But it seems like this taranis should be able to correct that. Just get into some calibration mode where you pull flaps and trim flaps equal as many points as you want and it fixes it. am I the only guy who is anal about flaps causing turning?
Adjust the aileron servo Min and Max values individually, staying with K.I.S.S.
Besides, exactly what does a slight offset in deep flaps do? You are the largest cause of turns
Mar 03, 2015, 02:47 PM
Adam
Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Sloper
Cool, thanks man. Checked the manual, posting for clarity for anyone wondering what we are talking about . Sub-Trim / Centering / Limits w/ subtrim settings in the attached image.
Thanks for posting that pic again. I forgot that subtrim does not move endpoints. I need to go back and adjust centering instead of subtrim. I knew this at one point and remember seeing that picture but I forgot :/.

Quick Reply