Mar 07, 2015, 09:05 PM
No. Do i need to push that button in the upper left hand corner above the read button after overwriting?
to remove ads between posts
Mar 07, 2015, 09:13 PM
A different attitude to RC
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by SportPlane
No. Do i need to push that button in the upper left hand corner above the read button after overwriting?
Yes, you do.
Mar 07, 2015, 09:16 PM
Ok i do it...
Mar 07, 2015, 09:21 PM
I did it. It worked Now i have a cute little DLG airplane in the window. Pheew!!!!
Mar 07, 2015, 09:50 PM
Re bound the radio, reconnected servo harnesses in the correct order, calibrated the sticks. Definitly much closer than the other setup, but needs to be fine tuned. Will work on this tomorrow. Thanks extreme wing and Hubman56
Mar 07, 2015, 10:10 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by SportPlane
Re bound the radio, reconnected servo harnesses in the correct order, calibrated the sticks. Definitly much closer than the other setup, but needs to be fine tuned. Will work on this tomorrow. Thanks extreme wing and Hubman56
Follow the steps in the OP exactly to finish setting it up now.

see "Global Variables meaning (and recommended configuration sequence)" in the OP.
Mar 08, 2015, 02:54 PM

X4R vs. D4R Receivers?

Great info in this thread for Taranis and DLG applications. I'm just about to order the system and switch over. No need to convince me, just waiting on stock to recover at Aloft. Looks like everything is out of stock at the moment.

My question to the group is which 4 channel receiver is the better choice in a DLG and why? I have only seen the x4r mentioned in this thread, but wonder if the d4r-II would be the better choice? I have no experience here, just asking and wonder based on what I have read on the Aloft site. The d4x is stated to read and send receiver voltage without external sensors. This would be equal to battery voltage in a 1S setup. The r4x would need the FBVS-01 voltage sensor to do the same. Is that correct or am I completely confused?

Thanks for the feedback and information. Is there any other comparison point that should be brought up?
Mar 08, 2015, 03:22 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Palmettoflyer
Looks like everything is out of stock at the moment.

My question to the group is which 4 channel receiver is the better choice in a DLG and why?

Thanks for the feedback and information. Is there any other comparison point that should be brought up?
Seems helibatics.com is also out of stock!

I have used the D4R-II, D6FR and X4R. All have the receiver voltage on A1.
You can connect the FrSky altimeter to the D4R or X4R using the different ports on the altimeter. The smartport connection is easier (X4R).
I think it's also possible to get the vario signal from the altimeter into A2 on the D6FR receiver.

Perhaps someone can add comments for the receiver?

Your main points or questions may include:
- End pins
- Size (typically but not always 6CH or less)
- Smart port or not?
- Do you need a 5th channel for BTOA or some other device?
Mar 08, 2015, 03:38 PM
I'm not as bad as they say.
Quote:
My question to the group is which 4 channel receiver is the better choice in a DLG and why? I have only seen the x4r mentioned in this thread, but wonder if the d4r-II would be the better choice? I have no experience here, just asking and wonder based on what I have read on the Aloft site. The d4x is stated to read and send receiver voltage without external sensors. This would be equal to battery voltage in a 1S setup. The r4x would need the FBVS-01 voltage sensor to do the same. Is that correct or am I completely confused?
The D4R-II gives you voltage and RSSI as is with no external sensors.
The X4R has a higher stated minimum voltage of 4.0 volts vs the 3.5 volts of the D4R-II.
The X4R is easier to hook up the vario to.
X4R has the model matching feature where it won't operate if the transmitter is not set to the proper model.

Not to make too fine of a point here, but many of these questions have been asked, discussed and answered in this thread https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show....php?t=1959594
and this thread
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...&highlight=X4r

Your question may already have been answered....
Latest blog entry: AIrcraft I've built.
Mar 08, 2015, 03:51 PM
Thanks for the quick information. I have no doubt that every Taranis or FrSky question has been answered multiple times in multiple threads. Just not easy to always see the light without asking the direct question. I have read a lot about both, but not come to a direct comparison of the two for the explicit use of DLG usage.

Thank you both for taking the time to repeat great stuff and providing the links to more information.
Mar 08, 2015, 04:31 PM
Ivan MacKenzie
Quote:
Originally Posted by mnowell129
X4R has the model matching feature where it won't operate if the transmitter is not set to the proper model.
That right there should make your decision easy. As you get into the DLG game, you will probably end up with more than one. Flying with the wrong model selected can only be bad (read screw up your round) and is often a disaster (read lawn dart).

Ivan MacKenzie.
Mar 08, 2015, 06:05 PM
How does that keep you from throwing it?! My biggest dumb mistake is to forget to plug in the battery!

Point well taken and I will order the x4r as soon as they are back in stock.
Mar 08, 2015, 06:07 PM
Put a warning on your launch switch. Then if it's off you'll know
Mar 08, 2015, 06:17 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
How does that keep you from throwing it?! My biggest dumb mistake is to forget to plug in the battery!

Point well taken and I will order the x4r as soon as they are back in stock.
ALWAYS do a control movement check and hear the chirp of the servo's before throwing.
Mar 08, 2015, 06:24 PM
hot air rises...
I've launched without the correct model selected on the TX... oh wait, the TX was actually off. Not pretty.

....ok, back to the nerd talk.

Quick Reply