May 30, 2004, 12:10 PM
Thread OP

2/3 Quaker Flash

Heres one of my current projects , its a 2/3rds Quaker Flash called a Quiver in the plans an article . Im going to put a geared speed400 driveing an 8X6 electric prop .
Should be a nice sunday flyer .
Stewart
to remove ads between posts
May 30, 2004, 12:13 PM
Thread OP
more
May 30, 2004, 12:17 PM
Thread OP
another shot,sorry the pics are poor my camera is a cheapy
May 30, 2004, 12:22 PM
Thread OP
Wings covered , note I used cane to frame the tips . Its nice and light and strong .
4 1/8sq spruce spars .
Stewart
May 30, 2004, 12:25 PM
Thread OP
A quick shot of the magazine article cover , oh its 45" span
Stewart
May 30, 2004, 01:26 PM
ὅπερ ἔδει δεῖξαι
Quote:
Originally Posted by clipclop
A quick shot of the magazine article cover , oh its 45" span
Stewart
Looks like it's coming along nicely. Is that a current magazine article or older?
May 30, 2004, 08:49 PM
Thread OP
Gerald,
Its an old plan , from August 1989 Radio Modeler .
It was designed to suit the "New Irvine Mills .75" so it should perform well with the 400 conversion .
Stewart
Feb 06, 2005, 12:13 PM
Hi Clipclop. Any follow up on this project? Can one still obtain plans for this plane?
Thanks,
Mark
Feb 08, 2005, 05:43 AM
You can still find the 35" span "Quaker Oat" plan by Ben Buckle. See this page :
http://www.benbucklevintage.fsbusine...m#quaker_flash
Feb 11, 2005, 09:11 PM
Merci, Monsieur!
Feb 19, 2005, 11:17 PM
thier was a guy back east who sold old time kits, and for the life of me I cant remember who it was, anyway he made the full size and 3/4, I picked up the 3/4 and used a speed 400, flew pretty good and because it was a stick model it was light enuff to go electric. anyway I went nuts and scratch built my 2nd full size version,this model will fly hands off when trimmed, on a summer evening thiers nothin better , especially with a nice quite OS 40 F/S in front, just lay the tranny on the table put in a little left trim and kick back, itll fly it self.............
Dec 25, 2008, 12:53 PM
Did you ever finish this one clip clop? I was recently given the same magazine & also have the plan & article.
Cheers
Simon
Dec 25, 2008, 06:28 PM
Hi All, as a long time lurker, mention of the Quiver finally prompted me to sign up.
My Quiver, built from the same RCM&E plan is a great flyer.
Started life with a Mark I ED Bee - fast and aerobatic, but rather a short tank run.
Then moved on to Irvine Mills 75 - much slower and very relaxing, but missed the aerobatics.
Latest is a Frog 100 MkIII red head - fast and aerobatic, but now runs about 5 minutes on a little tinplate tank.
The Quiver can be highly recommended for all styles fast and slow. In it's latest form it even does pretty good ruddr only rolls.
Dec 25, 2008, 11:24 PM
Very nice warren ! Nice loaction for the TX switch,What covering is that?
cheers
Simon
Dec 26, 2008, 06:51 AM
Hi Simon,
The covering is Polyspan, dope and estapol.
Despite my highly visible switch position the Quiver is still a veteran of one good long free flight (I thought the engine would never cut). Very lucky to be returned by an earlier park spectator who spotted it on his way home.
Now sports a large name and phone number under the wing.

Flew another this afternoon, an enlarged Bugaboo with an ED Comp Special.
Fly's nicely but power is marginal in a breeze. I'm going to try an ED Hunter next (same bolt holes) but the power jump might be a bit startling.

Quick Reply