Feb 27, 2015, 04:52 AM
Thread OP
New Product

ESR Meter - New updated version

ESR METER - NEW UPDATED VERSION

The ESR meter has now been updated to produce a lot more information so that it is now more of a Lipo Analysis meter than just an IR meter.

In addition to reading pack and cell voltage and IR (accurately!) the meter now gives direct readouts of charge state, practical "C" rating and maximum safe current drain for long pack life. Other new features include a low cell voltage warning and an over range limit warning.

The other good news is that the changes are software driven so that there is no price increase and existing owners will be able to update their meters at nominal cost providing they can use a soldering iron – only two joints to re-solder!

I would like to pay credit to Phil Green (Phil_G on RCG) who has worked miracles with the software – not being a software man, I am amazed at what he has achieved given the limitations of a 14 pin chip and a single control button.

I will post again later with details and cost of the update kit for owners of the original meter.

UPDATE : See https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...&postcount=125
Wayne
Last edited by Wayne Giles; Nov 15, 2016 at 12:05 PM. Reason: Production restarted November 2016
to remove ads between posts
Feb 27, 2015, 06:11 AM
Wayne,

Thats a great upgrade. I have one of the originals and am looking forward to the upgrade instructions for my unit.

Glen
Feb 27, 2015, 09:21 AM
Frankenstein recycled packs
YEAH!!!
You mean I will no longer need to use my smart phone to calculate the pack max discharge amps at the flying field or in my shop? [img]rampman dancing[/img]
I will either sell my original and buy new or upgrade the old. I LOVE these meters and they just got better.

Rick
Feb 27, 2015, 10:43 AM
I use my ESR meter all the time and this will just make it more useful. Looking forward to the upgrade option.

Don
Feb 28, 2015, 08:29 AM
Rocky Mountain High
I have used your meter for my business since it was first introduced to the U.S. market. Very good product. Will upgrade when available.
Mar 01, 2015, 06:12 AM
Excellent - I will definitely take the upgrade kit when it's available!
Latest blog entry: Eachine QX65 FPV quad review
Mar 01, 2015, 08:55 AM
In Cell Mode does it provide IR, etc. readings for the individual batteries?
Bill
Mar 01, 2015, 06:02 PM
Thread OP
Glen, Rick,Don, Marvin and Bill,

Sorry for delay in replying. The update kits should be available in about a week and I will post details then, hopefully with photos to demonstrate how easy the updating process is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ko4nrbs
In Cell Mode does it provide IR, etc. readings for the individual batteries?
Bill
Bill,

I assume you mean individual cells (?). In which case the answer is 'Yes'
When you plug the search lead into any two adjacent sockets in the balance connector, it automatically switches to 'Cell' mode and provides readings of the characteristics of the cell corresponding to those two sockets.

Wayne
Mar 02, 2015, 11:15 PM
You guys are going to LOVE the updated version 2.0 controller! I spent ~10 minutes upgrading mine tonight and my ESR Meter is now even more useful than I could have ever imagined. Simply key in the capacity and it does all of the rest.

Nice to be able know maximum recommended current draw at the field without having to enter data into the online tool or spreadsheet. I do have the Excel database file on my Android phone to do field calculations but the upgrade is even more handy.

Of course, don't let this nice upgrade discourage you from compiling your data and uploading to the Database thread.

Highly recommend the Version 2.0 upgrade when Wayne releases it!!

Thanks Wayne for your continuous improvement to your indispensable ESR Meter!

Mark
Mar 04, 2015, 01:54 PM
Thread OP
UPDATE PACK NOW AVAILABLE FOR ORIGINAL ESR METER

I now have some update packs to enable owners of the original ESR Meter to bring them up to the latest Analysis specification. Standard meter only NOT the HiRes version.

Prices are :-

----------------------------US Dollars---------UK Pounds------------UK Pounds

Update Pack Price------$12.50---------------8.00---------------------8.00

Post and packing--------$6.50-----------------1.00---------------------3.30
------------------------(To USA & ROW)-------(To UK)----------------(To Europe)

Sorry about postage price, but it is at cost - not marked up!

To see how easy it is to update your unit I have attached a set of instructions below.

I will answer any queries here or by PM .
PM me if you want one and I will return an e-mail address for Paypal.

Wayne
Mar 04, 2015, 02:21 PM
Rocky Mountain High
PM for upgrade
Mar 04, 2015, 02:44 PM
PM sent.
Latest blog entry: Eachine QX65 FPV quad review
Mar 04, 2015, 03:19 PM
Boat racing enthusiast
PM sent as well
Mar 04, 2015, 03:37 PM
Does the upgrade include a new label for the front?
Mar 04, 2015, 03:54 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohmic
Does the upgrade include a new label for the front?
Not normally. I considered it but the problem is that there is no margin on the sheets between images so cutting one out scraps those around it.
If you really need one however, make a note when you order and I will put one in.

Wayne

Quick Reply