Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Thread Tools
May 29, 2004, 02:38 PM
Been There! Done That!
boomerace's Avatar

The Ultimate Slow Stick Help Thread - Part 5


Here is Part 5!
Part 4 is here
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=219399
boomer
boomerseflight.com
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
May 29, 2004, 03:36 PM
WrongRudderR/C
FlattyFlier's Avatar
ALRIGHT! Here we go!
i'll start: Is there any other method of cooling an SS motor other than heat shink?
May 29, 2004, 03:51 PM
Been There! Done That!
boomerace's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mchone, Jake
ALRIGHT! Here we go!
i'll start: Is there any other method of cooling an SS motor other than heat shink?
Heat Sink installed with heatsink paste from Radio Shack is it!
boomer
www.boomerseflight.com
May 29, 2004, 04:43 PM
WrongRudderR/C
FlattyFlier's Avatar
OH! YAY!! I didn't know you coudl get it at Radio Shack! I thought you had to order it, and my parents will not let me order off the i-net and the LHS is new and a lil disprganized adn the building is too small and such for me to be ordering stuff though them every week or so.
I'll head on over there soon!
May 29, 2004, 05:02 PM
Night Flying
Ron H's Avatar
My plane won't fly. What's wrong? I'm experimenting with a gravity fed water cooled system.
May 29, 2004, 05:03 PM
Been There! Done That!
boomerace's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mchone, Jake
OH! YAY!! I didn't know you coudl get it at Radio Shack! I thought you had to order it, and my parents will not let me order off the i-net and the LHS is new and a lil disprganized adn the building is too small and such for me to be ordering stuff though them every week or so.
I'll head on over there soon!
Jake,
It's used for putting heatsinks on Transistors also and comes in a little tube! Just ask the clerk or if he don't know what you are talking about it's item Radio Shack #276-1372 ... They call it Heatsink Grease and it's $1.99.
boomer
www.boomerseflight.com
May 29, 2004, 05:20 PM
Off 2 The Edge of Reality
TeamTEOR's Avatar
You can also go to CompUSA and get a hold of Artic Silver, which is better than the white grease paste.
May 29, 2004, 05:35 PM
Been There! Done That!
boomerace's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron H
My plane won't fly. What's wrong? I'm experimenting with a gravity fed water cooled system.
Upgrade to a washing machine motor they usually drive a water pump. Your probably not getting enough water flow!
boomer
www.boomerseflight.com
May 29, 2004, 07:01 PM
Night Flying
Ron H's Avatar
If I use a washing machine motor dd 1260 with a pump at 2gpm, What kind of amp draw will I get using two 12v 900cca A/C Delco's in series?
May 29, 2004, 07:15 PM
Been There! Done That!
boomerace's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron H
If I use a washing machine motor dd 1260 with a pump at 2gpm, What kind of amp draw will I get using two 12v 900cca A/C Delco's in series?
Won't work you need a couple of the 67V batteries we used to use with the old radios and a vacumn tube or two to make her fly!
boomer
www.boomerseflight.com
May 29, 2004, 07:20 PM
Night Flying
Ron H's Avatar
Cool, I just happen to have a few. Gotta clean this mess up first though.
May 29, 2004, 07:22 PM
Been There! Done That!
boomerace's Avatar
Here's a couple spare caps I have on hand you can stick across the motor terminals to cut down interference!
boomer
www.boomerseflight.com
Last edited by boomerace; May 29, 2004 at 07:29 PM.
May 29, 2004, 07:46 PM
Registered User
kosmonot's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by boomerace
Here's a couple spare caps I have on hand you can stick across the motor terminals to cut down interference!
boomer
www.boomerseflight.com
Sweet Jebus!

What the heck are those for?
May 29, 2004, 07:55 PM
Been There! Done That!
boomerace's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by kosmonot
Sweet Jebus!

What the heck are those for?
Actually they are surplus out of a scrapped B-29 and I used them as part of my power supply for my 700 ft. plus G Gauge RR in my backyard. They store enough power to seriously alter your outlook on life if you get across the terminals!
boomer
www.boomerseflight.com
May 29, 2004, 08:27 PM
WrongRudderR/C
FlattyFlier's Avatar
Wow, Boom', I didnt know you were into Rail Roads!
I am too! Ive always wanted a garden layout, but gatta get the garden first, lol.


Thread Tools