Fancyfoam Indoor at Riverfest - May 29-31 - RC Groups
Feb 25, 2015, 05:21 PM
Fly-In

Fancyfoam Indoor at Riverfest - May 29-31

Friday May 29, 2015 - Sunday May 31, 2015, Wichita, Kansas

Join us at the Fancyfoam Indoor at Riverfest . This will be the second year that our event will be an attraction at the Wichita River Festival which brings over 75,000 people to the downtown area over the weekend. We will be flying model aircraft inside Century II in Exhibition hall. Spectators can attend with their Wichita Riverfest button. Pilots can register to fly their electric planes, helicopters and multicopters.

Please like our event on Facebook

Go to Rcflightdeck for EVENT REGISTRATION
to remove ads between posts
Feb 25, 2015, 05:21 PM
The Rules & what to expect

The general rules are mostly common sense, these are things that most AMA clubs follow, such as:

No flying behind the flight line.
Flying is open to all craft so watch your plane and fly carefully.
Charge Lipo batteries in a fire-proof container. Cans will be provided.
Pilots are required to be in full control of their aircraft at all times.
Declare "on the field" when retrieving your plane.

There are a few rules specific to this event:

The CD (Contest Director) is in charge of all flight operations, he is the BOSS.
Electric aircraft only
Max weight for all aircraft is 20oz with battery (exceptions require approval by the CD)
Max helicopter is 180
Max quadcopter size 250

Some more stuff to note:

Generally there will not be separate flying areas unless it is deemed necessary. There is plenty of space so if you are flying something different then what is generally flying, move further down the flight line.
Pilots are responsible for damage caused to the facility or its contents. - please fly safely.
If a plane lands on the balcony you can retrieve it. If it keeps happening then you will get talked to about being in control of you aircraft. The balcony is generally off limits.
We reserve the right to revoke your pilot pass, if you don't cooperate.
Last edited by motorhead; Feb 25, 2015 at 05:33 PM.
Feb 25, 2015, 05:22 PM
SPONSORS and VENDORS

We are happy to have new major sponsors for this year!
RANS AIRCRAFT.
Manufacture of the Raven, Courier, Venterra and Coyote II aircraft.

RANS BIKES.
Innovative Recumbent and Crank Forward bicycles.

MATRIX ELECTRONIC MEASURING.
Advanced vehicle measuring device.

Our main RC vendor will be Full Throttle Hobbies.

FANCYFOAM will have a display but not be selling at the show.
Last edited by motorhead; Feb 25, 2015 at 05:48 PM.
Feb 25, 2015, 05:22 PM
Directions, Parking, Hotel

Century II is located on the east side of the Arkansas river and south of Douglass street. The streets will be open in the early morning most days for unloading. We are also arranging a drive up unloading area.

There is allot of parking on the street to the North and East. It is not hard to get a spot less than a block away if you are early. I will verify when the parking meters are active. Friday you will for sure have to feed the meter but most allow 4 hour payments. The other option is the Parking garage just North of the event.

There are a couple of Hotels that are very close. See the registration page for links.
Last edited by motorhead; Feb 25, 2015 at 05:58 PM.
Feb 25, 2015, 05:23 PM
THE FUN!!!

The fly-in is structured to be 3 days of general flying with regular breaks for demo flying and special events.
If you are interested in performing a demo or have ideas for a special event, contact me at mike@fancyfoam.com

DEMOS
We will schedule the following demos:
3D Airplanes
3D Helicoptors
3D Quadcopters
Indoor Freeflight
Indoor Electric controline

SPECIAL EVENTS
We will schedule the following special events:
Skycart racing
Combat
Musical airplanes

We will also have areas setup for fun stuff like:
Limbo
Table top Carrier

There will be a dedicated area for the Micro aircraft to fly out of the way of the main flight line.
Last edited by motorhead; Feb 25, 2015 at 07:03 PM.
Feb 25, 2015, 07:06 PM
AWESOME! My son and i had a great time last year and we will both be back this year!
Mar 06, 2015, 04:30 AM
RIP Azarr - "Old age is not for sissies"
Will power be available in the pits? I'd rather not have to bring a battery along.

Have never been to a fly in in KS before, looking forward to meeting some people I've "known" from RCG for quite a while. wrugen and I have reservations at the Drury, looking forward to the event and maybe taking in some of the Riverfest itself.

Azarr
Last edited by Azarr; Mar 06, 2015 at 04:40 AM.
Mar 06, 2015, 08:26 AM
We will have power available in the pits.
Mike
Mar 11, 2015, 12:32 PM
Can't wait! I really enjoyed it last year. It was a good facility with plenty of space (half of the area was hardly touched) but the atmosphere was what I really enjoyed. River Festival happening right outside the door with food, live music, and more. A constant stream of spectators to be impressed by even the simplest of aerobatic maneuvers.

Will attach a few pics from last year. And thanks to RANS for sponsoring!
Mar 11, 2015, 01:00 PM
Chicken on a stick rocks!
Mike
Mar 11, 2015, 09:25 PM
sure looks like fun. Wish I could go..
Mar 12, 2015, 09:20 AM
Is there a spot nearby to buy event buttons? I was going to pick up 3 but the $5 buttons turn into $15 by the time you add "convenience" and shipping fees.

We might want to take in some of the activity after flying hours.

Jamie, you should try and make it. Motorhead and I met in Columbus but looking forward to meeting Leadfeather and Adreher (who cost me a fortune in airbrushes and supplies ) and all the others from the area. It will be great to see what pilots west of Ohio are doing.

Azarr
Mar 12, 2015, 09:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by adreher
A constant stream of spectators to be impressed by even the simplest of aerobatic maneuvers.
Perfect working on something new, hopefully I have it sorted out by this event.

Azarr
Mar 13, 2015, 04:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azarr
Is there a spot nearby to buy event buttons? I was going to pick up 3 but the $5 buttons turn into $15 by the time you add "convenience" and shipping fees.

We might want to take in some of the activity after flying hours.

Jamie, you should try and make it. Motorhead and I met in Columbus but looking forward to meeting Leadfeather and Adreher (who cost me a fortune in airbrushes and supplies ) and all the others from the area. It will be great to see what pilots west of Ohio are doing.

Azarr
I added an option on the event registration so you can buy buttons from me at the $5 price. I can either ship them to you are meet up with you when you get here.
Mike
Mar 28, 2015, 07:05 PM
BMAT prior life.. USAF Retired
Didn't they up the price of the buttons? Like double?

Quick Reply