This thread is privately moderated by Larrikin, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Apr 05, 2019, 04:49 AM
Everything's A Compromise
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soaring Junkie
... it will fly again, thanks to Dave. A real labour of love!
That's a good segue for this post.

Other than maintenance of existing drivers (thank you gents), I won't be building any more for sale.
Unless I'm lured by an obscene amount of money, life is just too hectic.

That, and the fact that I don't even have one for myself.

There is a real joy in creating a widget that brings excitement and pleasure to others (right Tim?) ... but it chews a lot of time, our most valuable commodity.

Don't get me wrong, I don't begrudge any time spent so far ... none of it, it's been fun. I just know that it can't continue.
I have a couple more to build then "production" will cease. ( Apart from the aforementioned obscene amount of money )

Maybe this year we'll get a decent season and I can fling a Rubicon of my own around.
It does seem to be a small ROI (time, money etc) when we only get 3-5 good days in a year and the die-hards gotta go OS to get a DS fix.

D,
to remove ads between posts
Apr 05, 2019, 07:20 AM
Auzzie built planks
Too right Dave. I get great reward for trading my time to change the world one smile at a time.....smiles make smiles and it contagious. The rubicon is a great testament to you amazing and thoughtful as thorough builds. Iím sure thought wonít collect dust. Iím sure there will be builders out there who wouldnít mind them on there work bench for a while.

Cheers

Tim
Latest blog entry: More colours
Apr 22, 2019, 03:47 AM
Thread OP
Not a big deal for some but Iím chuffed to have made my first fluorescent paint-in-the-mould part.

The mould is the inner nose of the Larrikin F3B model.
I didnít want to risk a Rubicon mould in case of a stick-up.

Still a few tweaks in the process but overall, Iím happy.

D.
Apr 22, 2019, 07:49 AM
608 km/h!
Very nice! They mix in with 2K clear I take it?
Apr 22, 2019, 01:45 PM
Thread OP
Exactly, Josh.
Although, be it right or wrong, I ďdissolveĒ the powder in 2k reducer (thinners) and then add the mixed 2k clear.
I mix by volume via metal measuring spoons.
This mix was too dry so I just need to adjust the ratio of thinners to paint but Iím confident enough to start a Rubicon now.
Apr 22, 2019, 06:32 PM
608 km/h!
Looks like a great way Dave!

Quick Reply