This thread is privately moderated by Larrikin, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Apr 23, 2015, 09:23 AM
Everything's A Compromise
Thread OP
Thank you, Steve.
It's done. I'll trim it later this morning, install the innards and have it closed by the pm. Sorry, I meant closed by the afternoon not closed by ol' Big Ears.
But I'll work on the fuse when I'm not working on the wing.
The wing is the thing. It has my priority.
D.
to remove ads between posts
Apr 23, 2015, 01:43 PM
Entropy is happening!
That is fast work Dave!
How long from start to completion I wonder?
Apr 23, 2015, 10:08 PM
Thread OP
Wing2 (2 min 0 sec)
Apr 23, 2015, 11:10 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim.Thompson
That is fast work Dave!
How long from start to completion I wonder?
I'm keeping a rough time log. So far there's about 30 hours. That includes cleaning up after a procedure etc. Basically, the log is from when I leave the house to when I return.

I've still got control surfaces to cut out, install wipers, install servos, make and install horns, pushrods, balance and program. And that's just the wing!!
Still need to join the fuse.
Prolly 50 hours at a rough guess.
D.
Apr 24, 2015, 05:15 AM
608 km/h!
Nice one Dave!
Do you paint with 2pac or acrylic? I use acrylic and have never hhad that kind of issue as the epoxy bonds with the paint, no matter how soon or long you leave the layup. Alex in NZ has used the same paint though and had bad fisheye issues so results may vary.
Cheers
Apr 24, 2015, 05:57 AM
Thread OP
Thanks Josh, it is 2 pack. Protec 606.
I recall a suggestion to wipe the paint with thinners just prior to laying up if it's been left for an extended period.
I knew it was longer than I'd normally leave it but not THAT long to be a problem.

There's no way I'll have it ready so I'm out for Sunday.
Apr 24, 2015, 03:23 PM
Auzzie built planks
Just flick one coat of undercoat over it , leave it as long as you want
Latest blog entry: More colours
Apr 28, 2015, 12:30 AM
Thread OP

And then there were two

It appears that the "heavy" version ... isn't. I'm still being a "Weight Weenie" and too conservative. That's ok ... I'll sneak up on it.

The weight of the new airframe is a staggering .... drum roll please? ... 1075 grams. Pffft ... I know, right?
Allow another 300 grams for radio gear and nose weight and I s'pose I'm under the 1400 grams that I expected.

This fuselage has 900 gsm of glass but it only weighs an extra 65 grams on the first one.

Construction continues

D.
Apr 28, 2015, 01:22 AM
Themadartist
The lower triangle point on the fin is a nice touch David.

I suspect the Rubicon will be going so fast that the red scheme will appear blue !!!

I think that's a reference to the Doppler Effect, but of course I could be wrong .

Cheers, Steve
Apr 28, 2015, 02:20 AM
Auzzie built planks
Keeping in the scheme of post modern surrealism and following the symmetrical lines of the abstract part B ( 2nd gen) I tend to sway to the tail on the predecessor ,
There for keeping it in or close to the core of the philosophy , with the tail pointing in the direction of travel while representing ( red part) a perfect shape DS hill on it's side IE 45' , 45'
Apr 28, 2015, 05:54 AM
Thread OP
Thanks gents,

Tim, I'll have what you're having I could use the escape from reality

Well, the forecast has changed to not very promising. 10-15kts at Larrikin on Sunday for the desperate. So the focus had changed to the shed. It still looks like ISIS has bombed a flea market so I'd really like to get it sorted before too much more model building happens.

D.
Apr 28, 2015, 01:43 PM
Entropy is happening!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larrikin

Tim, I'll have what you're having I could use the escape from reality
D.
Hah, hah! Me too.............
Apr 28, 2015, 03:25 PM
Auzzie built planks
To much epoxy
(It was a reply to daves post modern comment on the 2m gizmo thread )
Apr 29, 2015, 07:07 AM
608 km/h!
Hey Tim can you please post a link to that thread? I cant find it
Cheers
Apr 29, 2015, 02:56 PM
Thread OP
Monster Gizmo 2M

Quick Reply