Feb 24, 2015, 09:17 AM
Thread OP
Mini-Review

EACHINE FPV200 kit (under construction)

INTRODUCTION

BG recently announced a very cheap bundle FPV200 dedicaced to any DIY FPV plateform and including
i) a 700TVL light camera (NTSC/PAL available)
ii) a 32CH 200mW 5.8G nano-VTX

Everything is sold actually for 23 USD. This mini-review will show prelimary results of this bundle and what we can expect from this cheap combo.

BOX CONTENT

+ 1 x 700 TVL camera (10.8g)
+ 1 x 32CH 200mW 5.8G VTX (6.5g with RP-SMA connector)
+ 1 x 5.8G dipole antenna
+ 1 x Power cable
+ 1 x Instruction manual (English)

OVERVIEW

All the system scales approximatively 32g (with default antenna and cable)

Video transmitter

front side

The VTX provided a regularized +5V output filtering out also motor inférences.

back side

A unique button permit to cycle between channels and bands. 2 diodes indicate the current selected band and channel respectively.
To change a band, you need to press more than 2s on this button. The VTX used a RP-SMA connector.

weigth standalone

with the dipole antenna

Camera

front side

back side

No real indication in the specification about the light sensitivity. I found it excellent and comparable to some 0.01Lux camera I own to give you an indication

A 10.8g camera standalone

The lens mount is a M12

Distance between screw holes

UNBOXING

EACHINE FPV200: 700TVL cam + 200mW 5.8G 32CH combo (Courtesy Banggood) (11 min 7 sec)

POWER MEASUREMENTS

EACHINE FPV200 emitted power measures (Courtesy Banggood) (6 min 34 sec)

CONCLUSIONS

I was impressed by the quality of this bundle especially by the camera offering a good light sensitivy and a clear and precize everything under 23 USD !!!!. You can't really by wrong with this bundle. The VTX is warming a lot from 3S powering and IMHO can be seriously damaged if not correctly cooled correctly at least by a correct air flow. Emitted power are relatively constant for all channels (< than 5% of deviation). I would prefer to have a normal JST plug instead of this method to use a 3S lipo only via the balancer plug.

PROS

+ Clean, clear and precize transmitted video
+ Good camera with a large FOV, 700 TVL and good light sensitivity (around 0.01lux IMHO)
+ Light bundle (under 32g everything included)
+ Tiny 32CH 200 mW 5.8G VTX without interférences (like some TX5823)
+ Unbeatable price

CONS

- Can be powered only with a 3S balancer plug
- VTX warming a lot in 3S configuration and above
- No OSD to tune the camera settings

This FPV bundle have been courtesy provided by Banggood in order to make a fair and not biased review. I would like to thanks them for this attitude.

You can find it actually for 23 USD at
http://www.banggood.com/Eachine-700TVL-13-Cmos-FPV-110-Degree-Camera-w32CH-Transmission-p-965760.html
Last edited by SeByDocKy; Apr 08, 2015 at 07:10 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Feb 24, 2015, 09:18 AM
Thread OP
Reserved for photos, videos and mods
Feb 24, 2015, 11:25 AM
Thank you for the review. Seems like a nice kit.

Would it be possible to power it with a 2S battery?
I'm thinking if it would be possible to use on a V666. Have you tried if the V666 monitor can pick up the transmission without any modifications?
Feb 24, 2015, 11:45 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by trase
Thank you for the review. Seems like a nice kit.

Would it be possible to power it with a 2S battery?
I'm thinking if it would be possible to use on a V666. Have you tried if the V666 monitor can pick up the transmission without any modifications?
If you mod the power connector yes.
Feb 25, 2015, 05:50 PM
Scott
Thanks for the review. Does it stay on the last channel used?
Feb 26, 2015, 01:49 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by n-2-stuff
Thanks for the review. Does it stay on the last channel used?
Yes
Feb 26, 2015, 12:50 PM
Scott
Thanks.
Feb 27, 2015, 02:02 AM
Could somebody be that kind and tell me what else do i need to buy for this FPV kit does the "thing" thats intended to I know that i need a monitor too
Feb 27, 2015, 06:29 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrCaCkO
Could somebody be that kind and tell me what else do i need to buy for this FPV kit does the "thing" thats intended to I know that i need a monitor too
Probably some CL antennas would be a better choice (tackle better multipaths situation)
http://www.banggood.com/5_8G-3-Leaves-Omnidirectional-Gain-Antenna-p-73560.html

Choose probably (90 degrees connector) a L-type RP-SMA for this VTX bundle

.... For your groundstation VRX... either an FPV monitors or goggles .... but prefer 32CH models and even better including a diversity system

and CL antenna

http://www.banggood.com/5_8G-4-Leaves-Omnidirectional-Gain-Antenna-p-73559.html

More in W-type ...
Feb 27, 2015, 11:49 PM
Im considering purchasing this system with this receiver.http://www.banggood.com/Aomway-RX004...-p-953562.html in a H8C quad. Would the 3 leaf clover antennae set you recommend work on the receiver as well? Also, can I use the 4 leaf antennae on the reciever and a 3 leaf on the transmitter. Thanks for your advice, SeByDocky.
Last edited by rockflys; Feb 28, 2015 at 01:10 AM.
Feb 28, 2015, 03:54 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockflys
Im considering purchasing this system with this receiver.http://www.banggood.com/Aomway-RX004...-p-953562.html in a H8C quad. Would the 3 leaf clover antennae set you recommend work on the receiver as well? Also, can I use the 4 leaf antennae on the reciever and a 3 leaf on the transmitter. Thanks for your advice, SeByDocky.
Usually it's 4 leaf for the RX, 3 for the TX ...but it's 4 for both .. it won't make a big difference IMHO
Feb 28, 2015, 09:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeByDocKy
Usually it's 4 leaf for the RX, 3 for the TX ...but it's 4 for both .. it won't make a big difference IMHO
Glad for the information I didn't think it would make a difference but I did notice that the transmitter uses a RP-SMA antennae and the receiver uses a SMA antennae . I'm not sure what the difference is other than the nomenclature. I ordered the 3 leaf you suggested for the transmitter and the 4 leaf you suggested for the Aomway receiver.
Feb 28, 2015, 01:52 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Glad for the information I didn't think it would make a difference but I did notice that the transmitter uses a RP-SMA antennae and the receiver uses a SMA antennae . I'm not sure what the difference is other than the nomenclature. I ordered the 3 leaf you suggested for the transmitter and the 4 leaf you suggested for the Aomway receiver.
The aomway receiver uses a SMA connector AFAIK ...be aware
Feb 28, 2015, 02:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeByDocKy
The aomway receiver uses a SMA connector AFAIK ...be aware
What does AFAIK mean? I ordered a male SMA connector antennae (4 leaf) that you referred to in your recommended ground station antennae post. http://www.banggood.com/5_8G-4-Leave...a-p-73559.html
Feb 28, 2015, 03:01 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
What does AFAIK mean? I ordered a male SMA connector antennae (4 leaf) that you referred to in your recommended ground station antennae post. http://www.banggood.com/5_8G-4-Leave...a-p-73559.html

AFAIK = As FAr I Know ....

So if you ordered the SMA version for the receiver, it's perfect

Quick Reply