Feb 25, 2015, 08:38 PM
Thread OP
Alright so its normal then and it does make sense being 1.2v instead of 1.5v. Thereby giving the Tx 1.2 x 6 = 7.2V instead of 9V. Good to hear that i won't be loosing much quality in the signal either

Don't think ive experience it go lower than 5.15v either cuz i haven't heard that grinding noise

BTW was just browsing through and came across this battery hack. Do you think its worth doing it?

Is shows full bars and supposed to last longer due to the more mah!!!

V911 Transmitter - Li-Ion 18650 Hack - no more AA cells (1 min 15 sec)
to remove ads between posts
Feb 25, 2015, 09:08 PM
Crash and learn
Quote:
Originally Posted by jakeaheli
For safety reasons, I would not use LiPo or Li-Ion batteries in the V911 stock transmitter. Short circuit current is very high and I tend to drop my V911 transmitter or leave it out in the sun to cook.

For a 2000mah Li-Ion cell, short circuit current is at least 50 Amperes.

For two 2000mah Li-Ion cells, that is about 400 Watts. The V911 transmitter needs about 1/2 Watt.
Last edited by Ribble; Feb 25, 2015 at 09:16 PM.
Feb 25, 2015, 09:29 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ribble
For safety reasons, I would not use LiPo or Li-Ion batteries in the V911 stock transmitter. Short circuit current is very high and I tend to drop my V911 transmitter or leave it out in the sun to cook.

For a 2000mah Li-Ion cell, short circuit current is at least 50 Amperes.

For two 2000mah Li-Ion cells, that is about 400 Watts. The V911 transmitter needs about 1/2 Watt.
Thanks for advising. I would have never known this.
Feb 26, 2015, 09:05 AM
Why go through all that on a 2 bit transmitter? Good AA batteries are cheap. Everyone has a housefull of stuff that feeds on those things. Even some new lithium type AAs around now, but they're still fairly high.
Feb 26, 2015, 09:19 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnFM
Why go through all that on a 2 bit transmitter? Good AA batteries are cheap. Everyone has a housefull of stuff that feeds on those things. Even some new lithium type AAs around now, but they're still fairly high.
i dunno, the v911 being the only heli I have right now - just thought I'd look at different options and see what can and can't work
Feb 26, 2015, 09:37 AM
I have several of the WLT transmitters, I mostly use the one that came with a V913, a little better TX I think. It's had Duracell Quantum batteries in it for months.
Safeway here usually has good prices on 20 packs of them. I know quite a few people who have gone to the rechargeable ones, but I just never have.
Nov 06, 2016, 04:11 AM
Check my blog....
Quote:
Originally Posted by jakeaheli
Hey guys,

I've been flying my v911 for 2 weeks now mainly indoors and have begun to notice that my tail motor is making a weird noise

I would just guess that your corter has become borken?
Nov 07, 2016, 05:41 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calcifer
I would just guess that your corter has become borken?
Haha good one mate!!
Nov 07, 2016, 06:40 AM
Check my blog....
Jake, you may as well let them all in on the secret
Nov 11, 2016, 04:24 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calcifer
Jake, you may as well let them all in on the secret
I'll let you do the honours mate
Nov 11, 2016, 02:02 PM
Check my blog....
LOL...I found someone selling a V912 on ebay a while back... so I bought it... then later I saw he was selling a V911 as well... so being a sucker for orphan helicopters I naturally bought the v911 too....

Turned out it was Jake

I had seen his V912 videos and noticed the rear fin on back to front... when I got this one I noticed the rear fin on back to front too... but that video was shot in Canada... so I didn't realise THIS was THAT exact helicopter

The world is frighteningly small these days scary
Nov 13, 2016, 03:25 AM
Thread OP
ANNNNDDD that's how we became good heli mates LOL

Good to meet you Calcifer, you have a lot of knowledge on the hobby & its great learning from someone like yourself

Keep up the great work and lets keep on flyin' hahaha

Jake

Quick Reply