Feb 22, 2015, 05:19 AM
Thread OP
Discussion

Smile f3k

Hello there,

Please find some picture of a new F3K made in Russia.
I have done the airfoil, Andrey the planform and Alex the building.
Weight is around 260gr and 280, depending of the number of servo and their weight.
Some launch were records about 72 and 74 meters. Fly behaviour is also good but needs some additional set up.

launch diagram

More pics on this Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/groups/651150591679351/

I will receive mine soon.

Regards

Nicolas
to remove ads between posts
Feb 22, 2015, 11:56 AM
Flying Dutchman!
Design reminds me at a pylon racer... Cant remind the name but it looks very cool!
Feb 23, 2015, 07:43 AM
Adam
it would be great if info was available elsewhere for those of us that don't like or just don't use Facebook.
Feb 23, 2015, 10:17 AM
How and when can you get one and for what price shipped to USA?
Feb 23, 2015, 12:51 PM
Kyle Clayton
Its been said that these will be coming to SUSA, as they carry some of the builder's other models as well. Keep an eye open on their website, that's what I've been doing.
Latest blog entry: Helios and XXLite DLG
Feb 23, 2015, 07:12 PM
By the time SUSA lists new planes on their website, they're already out of date!

(Been waiting about 4 months for the FW6 to show up) Holy cow it just showed up!
Feb 24, 2015, 01:52 AM
Judging by the paint styling it seems as if it may be produced as the same people who build the F5D swist?
Feb 24, 2015, 11:32 AM
hello,
yes ,is the producer of F5D Swist
http://ajaeromodels.com
Jul 09, 2015, 02:58 PM
Thread OP
I receive my SMILE Today;

Parts weights

Wing : 98gr
Fuze : 32gr
Elevator : 8gr
Rudder :7gr
accessories : 7gr

Assembly coming soon

Nicolas
Jul 21, 2015, 07:17 AM
Hi Nicolas,
did you start the assembly already?
would like to see some details (Pictures), because there is no manual available.

Thanks
Jul 21, 2015, 10:33 AM
Will fly for food
The nose is not 2.4 friendly. It will require wiskers
Jul 27, 2015, 02:30 PM
Hallo, i can not so good englisch but i make my best . I fly now the smile 3month and i am happy with the light version (237g) on calm conditions. Now i build the windy version. And i hope is better vor thermalturbulence conditions
Marco
Jul 29, 2015, 12:07 PM
*Full Disclosure* Im a Gorilla
I had the opportunity to Fly the Smile, its a very forgiving airframe that feels like a feather in flight!! Wing is very strong and legs are good! Build was very easy and paint scheme is top notch Hopefully Soaring USA will have them available very soon in the USA. I think this plane will make waves and bring many "Smiles" to pilots.

I personally prefer the Vibe, The flight characteristics are very similar but the Vibe is just a notch above IMHO, but YMMV. Cheers!
Jul 29, 2015, 06:35 PM
MQ-5B Driver
Not sure why, but literally every Smile flown at the WC was fluttering pretty badly. A couple suffered structural failure as a result.

Quick Reply