Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Apr 23, 2001, 06:42 PM

Teddy -vs- Firebird - Which one better for beginner?

When comparing the Teddy -vs- Firebird, which one do you think is better? Which will fly slower. I have 2 boys ages 9 & 12 who want to fly my Sky Scooter but I think maybe they need something a little more gentle.
I am a little squeemish about the Firebird not having an elevator & it's wide turns. Would the Teddy be slow enough for a kid? (Yet also fun for Dad?
to remove ads between posts
Apr 23, 2001, 10:18 PM
I had a teddy flys great I would get that one again I used the MAS5.5by 4.5 prop on it works alot better you need a adapter to
Apr 24, 2001, 05:56 AM
I think something like the firebird is a little too easy (if that's possible) If your boys are interested and understand a little about how planes fly they should easily be able to handle a rudder/elevator trainer, My vote goes to Push-e-cat or T52.
Grant
Apr 25, 2001, 07:11 PM
I agree with Schoey in that it is easy. The Firebird will NOT help your boys in learning to fly a rudder/elevator plane. The Firebird was my first plane and after I mastered it, I moved on to a Low-Wing Skimmer 400. I never got it up! Then I got a POPPY, and renewed my faith in eFlight (or flight in general

Apr 25, 2001, 08:34 PM
Function Over Form
also you know, a lite stick is also a great trainer, just have to have no wind, and or a big gym to fly it in. I've seen people who never touched a Radio before get the hang of flying with the lite stick
Apr 25, 2001, 10:55 PM
Moved to Training...
Apr 26, 2001, 04:10 AM
To be a great Astro Boy
Teddy with help.
T52 if alone.