Jun 05, 2004, 06:25 PM
Boss248
Boss248
I will be happy to share the plans for the proto type as well as the wilder 3D version if anyone is interested.

Boss
to remove ads between posts
Jun 05, 2004, 07:22 PM
Well Boss... I'm ready. A wonderful plane, Twice!
Jun 06, 2004, 02:11 AM
Boss248
Boss248
willin....what file format do you need..? I have not converted the .dxf file to .pdf because of the lack of interest in the plane so I can send you .dxf .dwg .tcw...all of those formats are cad extensions...let me know what you need. I am finishing the SB=30 3D plans and will build one sometime this next week. Thanks for the interest willin....

Boss
Jun 06, 2004, 08:05 AM
Cleared Hot!
I wouldn't assume any lack of interest... lot of folks just lurk here you know. Obviously I'd like to see plans... I bet quite a few others would like them as well.
Jun 16, 2004, 07:33 PM
rpt
rpt
looks great can i get plans
Jun 16, 2004, 10:26 PM
Boss248
Boss248
rpt...I have plans in cad format but not in .pdf because no one was interested enough for me to go thru the trouble of converting but if you want a set of plans I can sure get you some. If you can use any of the Cad formats like .dxf or .dwg let me know...I may convert them to .pdf if you need that format.

Boss
Mar 11, 2005, 06:25 PM
Flying is a gamble.
Yo, Boss!

You're Skybolt got my attention a while ago, and although I never did build one from your drawings, I got the itch today to draw my own.

I did the Skybolt R (for radial).

Mine's got a wingspan of 25" to fit the foamboard sheets I got from Balsa Products a couple of months ago. The proposed motor is a GWS 350 from my Slow Stick. Servos would be any sub-micros. I did draw a carbon rod in the fuselage to attach the motor stick (3/8" sq.) to, and add rigidity to the fuse. All the parts except landing gear are shown in the .jpg below. The construction should be pretty self-explanatory.

If anyone builds one, let me know!

-Wayne
Mar 11, 2005, 06:56 PM
Baboon McGoon
Very neat!!! Why the Skybolt isn't modeled more I haven't a clue. It sure should be!!
Mar 11, 2005, 08:13 PM
Flying is a gamble.
Less than two hours after I "finished" the plans, here's a mock-up of the airframe!

I think now that it's a little small for a 350. Perhaps the IPS-A might be best?

I don't have enough servos laying around to try it out right now, but maybe these pics will give someone else the motivation to build one!!! I'm sure it'll fly (I mean, pizza boxes fly, don't they? This is an airplane!!!)

Enjoy!

-Wayne
Mar 12, 2005, 02:34 AM
Luv 2 Fly
Nice Hijack.... :-)... now lets get back to Boss' Skybolt...

Boss.. You gave me the plans a while back.. I did build one and so far it is one of the only biplanes that I could fly..I was still a bit of a novice then.. not that I'm much better now... but other folks think I have improved greatly.... I may look for those plans and build another one... Right now, I have been bitten with the BIG plane bug.. Still electrics though... :-)...
Mar 12, 2005, 02:45 AM
Boss248
Boss248
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveF
Nice Hijack.... :-)... now lets get back to Boss' Skybolt...

Boss.. You gave me the plans a while back.. I did build one and so far it is one of the only biplanes that I could fly..I was still a bit of a novice then.. not that I'm much better now... but other folks think I have improved greatly.... I may look for those plans and build another one... Right now, I have been bitten with the BIG plane bug.. Still electrics though... :-)...
I am glad you built my SB..it does fly very good . I am going to build another very soon and I have plans almost ready. The newer SG is foing to be 3mm indoor plane.
I have 3D f6f Hellcat that is almost finished in Cad.
Mar 12, 2005, 09:05 AM
Flying is a gamble.
I'm glad I could bring this thread back to the top of the pile!
Mar 12, 2005, 09:19 AM
Boss. cool plane
I would build one as well as a few other blue foam junkies is our club . If you took the trouble to put them in a pdf format.
thanks
rob

Quick Reply