Feb 19, 2015, 11:44 AM
NEED MORE RAM
Thread OP
Discussion

Atlanta, Georgia FPV RACING SCENE!!

Hey guys,

My name is Steele, I live Buford, Georgia (about 30 minutes north of Atlanta) and I am trying to get a Mini Multirotor even together. I work as a multirotor technician at Atlanta Hobby in Cumming Georgia. I speak daily with so many people that are looking to get into mini multirotors. I know if there was a local Mini FPV community, people would feel more comfortable getting into this sometimes overwhelmingly complex hobby.

So I hear that there are a few guys at Georgia Tech that are building mini's, and I would like to get a local flying crew together.

I am collaborating with a few of my close flying buddies to set up some sort of race/free style event that will be judged and hopefully we can get some sponsors to give out some neat prizes. (Maybe I can get my New sponsor Cobra to give away some motors.)

The Racing aspect of this even would be an "Airgate" multi lap first one over the finish line wins type of thing. ( event location TBD)

The Freestyle portion (which is my favorite) would consist of a designated area of flight with basically a free for all as to which obstacles you can use and what you can do. Judges would tap into the Pilots frequency and watch their flight judging according to tricks, combos, smoothness, speed, etc.

If you are into mini multirotors and FPV please shoot me an email or a PM and we can start collaborating and get the Atlanta FPV racing scene going strong!

My email is [email protected]

If you want to scope out the local Atlanta competition here are some links to our YouTube channels

Me -
Urgent Flow (2 min 28 sec)

John - Skitzo FPV -
MXP230 Elite 18a kiss escs oneshot/cleanflight (60fps) (1 min 42 sec)

Chris -
Make It Rain (3 min 43 sec)

And some equipment pics

Thanks for your time.

Steele
to remove ads between posts
Mar 03, 2015, 05:38 AM
I'd love come as a spectator. I have a 250 quad but lack the experience (I've been in the air for about 2 weeks) and fpv equipment to race.
Mar 03, 2015, 11:30 AM
NEED MORE RAM
Thread OP
well just email me at [email protected] and i will add you tot the mailing list.
Mar 05, 2015, 09:43 PM
Hopeless gearhead
Hey, I'm just on the other side of 85 from you, toward Lawrenceville. I put a little micro (120mm) FPV quad together about a month ago, and have been practicing ripping around the trees in my front yard. I had to give it a go after seeing some of the awesome racing vids on YT.

I'll have to swing by your shop one day and do some bench racing. If I can get a 250 size in the air pretty cheap using my current VRX and antenna, I'd consider doing some racing. Goggles seem to be the big ticket item, I'm just using a monitor now. Of course I'm also just sitting on the couch flying around my house!

Chevis
Mar 19, 2015, 09:09 AM
AMA 1076829
In Columbus and willing to drive. Im waiting for parts to arrive via China then building a basic 250 quad. Looking to race in 6-7 months. Need a little stick time first.
Mar 19, 2015, 10:54 AM
Greetings from Marietta! My name is Brandon, and it's been a long time since I've posted on RCG, as I've been out of the r/c hobby for 2 or 3 years, but I'm pretty stoked about the little 250 racer I'm building! I have a few friends pretty excited as well (2 of them ordered their mini quads last night). I'm thinking by the end of April we'll come break some props with you guys!
Mar 19, 2015, 06:33 PM
IHeartDLG
There is a group in the Asheville, NC area that is using Facebook to keep in touch and meet regularly. Perhaps we can all run races on different weekends and travel to each others events. There is also a very formal group in Raleigh, NC.
Mar 20, 2015, 03:14 PM
NEED MORE RAM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yardracer
There is a group in the Asheville, NC area that is using Facebook to keep in touch and meet regularly. Perhaps we can all run races on different weekends and travel to each others events. There is also a very formal group in Raleigh, NC.
IT would be kool to get our groups together !
Mar 20, 2015, 03:54 PM
@Yardracer

I'm in Knoxville, I'd like to drive over when you all get together. Is there a set time? Also what is the FB page?

Thx
Mar 22, 2015, 11:26 AM
Ya our group here in Raleigh just recently changed from MSRL Raleigh over to F1FPV. Check out our new site at f1fpv.com

We have been recently having some great turnouts we had 30-40 people at our last race day. We are running godronex software and this is what took us from having fun to running seriously legitimate and organized events.

If any of you are serious about starting up a chapter reach out to us and we will fill you in on all the details you need to be part of the godronex association.

We would love to fly with you guys sometime!!!!
Mar 22, 2015, 10:21 PM
NEED MORE RAM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClutchKargo
@Yardracer

I'm in Knoxville, I'd like to drive over when you all get together. Is there a set time? Also what is the FB page?

Thx
Shoot me an email at. [email protected]
Mar 26, 2015, 02:25 PM
I found you! And your site!
My first Atlanta Group B FPV Meet (4 min 56 sec)
Last edited by hurleybt; Mar 26, 2015 at 09:12 PM.
Mar 28, 2015, 10:15 AM
They call me plan B
Covington Ga. here! Anyone racing 450 quads? I I just getting into fpv but have been flying 3d helis for 3 years now. I put fatsharks setup on my leap 3d quad! Very fun so far!
Mar 31, 2015, 03:29 PM
Athens, Ga reporting in. I have already emailed Steele to get on the mailing list. I don't have a 250 yet but do have a 110 FPV set up. I'd love to come watch some racing and eventually get into the 250 sized racers.
Apr 07, 2015, 02:17 PM
NEED MORE RAM
Thread OP
There should be an event going on this weekend. I am trying to get the logistics worked out now
I'll let you know

Quick Reply