This thread is privately moderated by overcraft, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Feb 26, 2015, 05:35 AM
Trader Rating: 11
Thread OP
Last day to order!
to remove ads between posts
Feb 26, 2015, 11:30 AM
Trader Rating: 10
I have a question. I am running ESCs with no BEC, does that mean I can remove the positive/ground wires from ALL my ESCs and wire just the signal wires to the pads/Naze32?

Then use the BEC on the PDB to power my FC/Receiver?

Thanks!
Feb 26, 2015, 11:40 AM
Trader Rating: 1
Dirt Dobbins
Would it be possible to solder a pin header to the ESC Signal pads? Or would it be best to simply get my stuff dialed in before installing the PDB?
Feb 26, 2015, 11:53 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by zanthor
Would it be possible to solder a pin header to the ESC Signal pads? Or would it be best to simply get my stuff dialed in before installing the PDB?
You have labels on the pdb telling you what motor output its any esc, and you can tune them from the pads of the middle of the boards. Place a conector there its useless i think.
Feb 26, 2015, 11:58 AM
Dirt Dobbins
Quote:
Originally Posted by overcraft
You have labels on the pdb telling you what motor output its any esc, and you can tune them from the pads of the middle of the boards. Place a conector there its useless i think.
This is my newbness showing...

Can I flash my ESC's over the signal cable while the FC is connected and powered? I assumed I could not, I can't say that I've tried otherwise.

If not, how do I power the ESC and not the FC with all this hard wired?
Feb 26, 2015, 12:16 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by zanthor
This is my newbness showing...

Can I flash my ESC's over the signal cable while the FC is connected and powered? I assumed I could not, I can't say that I've tried otherwise.

If not, how do I power the ESC and not the FC with all this hard wired?
Well it depends on your flashing metodh. If you use the signal wire like simonk and bheli, if you solder everything as I do you cannot flash anymore the esc. But if you use a conector from the middle of the board to your flight controller, you can flash at anytime your esc.

I soldered the wires to have the best clean solution, but instead of do that, you can cut the servo wire from your esc, strip off the ground and voltage cable (except for one if you power the FC from 1 esc), and solder that end on the middle of the board, and plug that into your FC. That way you have build that you can flash at anytime by unplugin the conector from the flight controller.

Feb 26, 2015, 12:20 PM
Dirt Dobbins
After looking some more I think I'll just put 90 degree headers there pointed inward for the ESC signal cables. Using a 4x1 Dupont Connector would be easy enough to slide off so I can tap the lines for flashing ESC's.

Thanks! Now just can't wait for things to show up so I can do this!
Feb 26, 2015, 12:45 PM
Trader Rating: 0
Hi,
is there a list where we can check if the order was adopted?
Or a confirmation sent to us if everything works, so that i know that my Order and payment is accepted?
Last edited by Gummix; Feb 26, 2015 at 03:55 PM.
Feb 26, 2015, 04:48 PM
Thread OP
Last hours to close.
Feb 26, 2015, 06:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gummix
Hi,
is there a list where we can check if the order was adopted?
Or a confirmation sent to us if everything works, so that i know that my Order and payment is accepted?
If you had email confirmation from paypal that you sent a payment to OC, then he got your payment and your board is bought and paid for. If you have no email from paypal and it does not show up in your activity on the paypal page that you made a payment, something went wrong and you should contact OC.

Over Craft does not send out payment confirmation emails, it would be very time consuming to do so.
Feb 26, 2015, 08:09 PM
Thread OP
batch closed, time to order in the factory!
Feb 27, 2015, 03:36 AM
Trader Rating: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by overcraft
batch closed, time to order in the factory!
woo hoo!!
Feb 27, 2015, 10:09 AM
And now we wait...
Feb 27, 2015, 03:10 PM
Trader Rating: 311
FPV Dealer,Getting People High
I still have some left in my website if you choose not to wait.

www.team-legit.com
Mar 01, 2015, 03:16 PM
How much current is the PDB actually rated for? I'm thinking of building a somewhat overpowered setup with KISS 18A ESCs and MN2206 motors running 6045 props on 4S - will it be too much, or can the board safely deliver ~8A continuous per motor with ~14-16A peaks?

Quick Reply