hitec aee apple only?! - RC Groups
Feb 15, 2015, 09:19 PM
Discussion

hitec aee apple only?!

I preordered the hitec q-cop and it wasnt untill this evening that i noticed the software for the video downlink is not available on android yet ..... not upset about this i do have devices it will work on however i would much rather use my galaxy instead of ipod....

Just curious if its in the works or not .... and if so any eta?

Thanks alot!
Tim
to remove ads between posts
Feb 18, 2015, 03:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by turbored21
I preordered the hitec q-cop and it wasnt untill this evening that i noticed the software for the video downlink is not available on android yet ..... not upset about this i do have devices it will work on however i would much rather use my galaxy instead of ipod....

Just curious if its in the works or not .... and if so any eta?

Thanks alot!
Tim
??? What? The Q-COP 450 is just a rebranded AEE AP10 and I have been flying it with Android AEE app. You should see if it works with your Q-COP
Feb 18, 2015, 03:09 PM
The more upsetting is that nobody carries the battery. I wanted to buy extra batteries, but could not find it anywhere.
Feb 21, 2015, 01:18 AM
Ill try it thanks!
Feb 21, 2015, 01:23 AM
Ha... one of the aee apps says hitec on it lol.... just not in the name of the app ... or description but apparently its for the q-cop
Feb 21, 2015, 01:25 AM
Quote:
Ha... one of the aee apps says hitec on it lol.... just not in the name of the app ... or description but apparently its for the q-cop
That's great! Do share your maiden flight video with us.
Feb 21, 2015, 10:50 AM
I will horizon hasnt recieved them yet i guess no shipping info yet were supposed to be released on the 19th of this month
Feb 28, 2015, 08:05 AM
Horizon pushed the date back on me.... to 3/23 ....... so its going to be a while before i can do a vid lol
Feb 28, 2015, 02:15 PM
Quote:
Horizon pushed the date back on me.... to 3/23 ....... so its going to be a while before i can do a vid lol
Sorry to hear that. Yeah, it must be Chinese New Year. In China, all factories and business are closed for 2 weeks until Monday.
Oct 23, 2017, 06:05 PM

Anroid

Has anyone been able to pair with any Android phone? I cannot get it to pair with Android 5 or Android 7 and the HiTec support tech I am talking to is an Apple user. Tried to return the drone (never flown) and the shop owner will not accept the return because it works on Apple but not on Android, which the packaging clearly states is supported.
Oct 23, 2017, 07:40 PM
All Thumbs

AEE MagiCam App iPod & S60

Our set-up is an S60 paired to an iPod Five via AEE MagiCam App. Hasn't gone airborne just yet. We do mostly local industrial design tasks. So far, so good. Cheers
Oct 24, 2017, 12:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbower1956
Has anyone been able to pair with any Android phone? I cannot get it to pair with Android 5 or Android 7 and the HiTec support tech I am talking to is an Apple user. Tried to return the drone (never flown) and the shop owner will not accept the return because it works on Apple but not on Android, which the packaging clearly states is supported.
It worked perfectly fine on Android when we were doing all of the testing initially and many users reported the app functioning correctly as well. As of late you are the only person who has mentioned the app not working on Android and we know there are many Q-Cop pilots who are using Android. Try these few things to ensure proper functionality:

1. Make sure your Android device does not have an intelligent internet networking function turned on. These functions built into the phones will automatically disconnect you from any Wi-Fi based network (as the Q-Cop uses) if the device does not see an internet connection. This has been the #1 issue Android users have experienced with the Q-Cop app and once the function has been disabled the app works correctly. Do note that this function has a different name assigned to it on different devices (Samsung devices typically call it 'Smart Network Switch').

2. Ensure that you have downloaded the proper app. The AEE App with the Hitec logo in it is the original app that should be used, however you can also use the AEE AP2.01 app as well. Users have reported success with this app.

3. If all else fails, try to link using an Apple device. If this is successful then the issue lies within the Android device itself.

We will test the app functionality on our end to ensure that it is working properly.