Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
May 04, 2016, 01:50 AM

newbie question

Hello all, I love this build and plane. I have recently cut out the wing parts and built the insides perfectly. I am confused as to the outside of the wing. I am not sure how to mold the outer wing pieces to curve with he spars. I know this is probably easy once you know the proper technique. Can anyone help me with this?

Thanks in advance!
to remove ads between posts
May 22, 2016, 12:19 PM
Scale RC Plane Lover
Quote:
Originally Posted by HighInTheSkies
Hello all, I love this build and plane. I have recently cut out the wing parts and built the insides perfectly. I am confused as to the outside of the wing. I am not sure how to mold the outer wing pieces to curve with he spars. I know this is probably easy once you know the proper technique. Can anyone help me with this?

Thanks in advance!
you need a hot gun to do it, just apply heat in the outer sheet and slowly bend it to curve. There's a video tutorial on my site on how to bend foam sheet with hotgun.
May 22, 2016, 02:05 PM
Good to see you back

I donīt think a hot gun is needed!
You can also bend Depron using Tape on the outside.
Same technique I have used on the Sorceress

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...2649406&page=9

Just use tape on the outerside; If you use original Depron: it has as dull side and a shining side. The shinig side should also be on the inside of the curves. And then roll it over a pipe depending on the curve you need

Toby
May 22, 2016, 11:09 PM
Scale RC Plane Lover
Quote:
Originally Posted by GermanTigger
Good to see you back

I donīt think a hot gun is needed!
You can also bend Depron using Tape on the outside.
Same technique I have used on the Sorceress

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...2649406&page=9

Just use tape on the outerside; If you use original Depron: it has as dull side and a shining side. The shinig side should also be on the inside of the curves. And then roll it over a pipe depending on the curve you need

Toby
ah yes, the tape also works well
Jan 13, 2017, 08:04 AM
Suspended Account

Scale Balsa Corsair Nice Laser cut ready dxf files 1:1,

Scale Balsa Corsair https://goo.gl/rE8BXi Nice Laser cut ready dxf files 1:1,if required can be scaled downed to 1:0.5 ratio.
Dec 04, 2017, 05:18 AM

building details

Hy,
does someone has the building details of construction from this plan?
F4U Corsair 1200 mm
Many thanks
Dec 04, 2017, 08:13 AM
Warbirds Lover
Hi and welcome on RcGroups (i see that it's your 1st post here )

May be Jules made one but generaly, reading the post from the 1st page to the latest is enough to see the main steps of the building process.

It seems that jules started to build the wing at first, then the fuselage + elevator and fin/rudder.

I can suggest to start with the most difficult part or the part you are the less familiar to build - it's just an idea, but if you start by building the easy things, you will only have the hard things to build once you will start to be tired of building and it takes generaly way more time to complete the build.
Sep 27, 2018, 07:27 PM

Assembly Instructions

Does anyone have the assembly instructions? Suggested site is under maintenance.
Nov 05, 2018, 07:22 PM

Landing gear

On the retracts of this plane, where did you get the oleo that fits the 3mm shaft of the retracts ?

Quick Reply