Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Mar 16, 2015, 07:18 PM
Scale RC Plane Lover
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Valentin
Jules will you be releasing a set of printable decals with the build? Hope so, they look very scale.
Yes Joe, along with the decals
to remove ads between posts
Mar 17, 2015, 05:47 AM
Scale RC Plane Lover
more progress, I think I've had enough, too lazy to make rockets and bombs. Next preparing for assembly instructions and plans, and video after painted.
Last edited by julescrafter; Mar 17, 2015 at 09:05 AM.
Mar 17, 2015, 08:51 AM
Warbirds Lover
i like a lot the work you are doing to carve "Papy boyingFOAM" (sorry, the joke was easy )

anyway, i thing the real "29" was flown by the Lt Ira Cassius "Ike" Kepford from the Us Navy - VF-17

Boyington was flying, in alia, the "89" called Lulubelle from the US Marine Corps VMF-214
Last edited by Dreamcatcher; Mar 17, 2015 at 09:03 AM.
Mar 17, 2015, 09:04 AM
Scale RC Plane Lover
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamcatcher
i like a lot the work you are doing to carve "Papy boyingFOAM" (sorry, the joke was easy )

anyway, i thing the real "29" was flown by the Lt Ira Cassius "Ike" Kepford from the Us Navy - VF-17

Boyington was flying on the "89" from the US Marine Corps VMF-214
hahaha
yes that's the name on both sides of the canopy LT. IRA KEPFORD
That boyingfoam is so ugly, If I have time I'll do it again

Today I broke my Benedini sound module for trying to flash corsair engine sound
Mar 17, 2015, 11:22 AM
Warbirds Lover
No, not so ugly foam pilot, it just needs some more sanding, carving and a bit of painting.
You done the most difficult.

This is how was born my german pilot (i can call him "Hans Foam Hahn"... ) :
Mar 17, 2015, 11:58 AM
Scale RC Plane Lover
Quote:
No, not so ugly foam pilot, it just needs some more sanding, carving and a bit of painting.
You done the most difficult.

This is how was born my german pilot (i can call him "Hans Foam Hahn"... ) :
that's very scale looking pilot you have there, I like it. I need more practice
Mar 17, 2015, 12:10 PM
Very cool gentlemen. Pappy's photo op bird was "86" I believe. Outstanding work. Very Motivating.
Mar 17, 2015, 09:12 PM
When you said scale I didn't realize you really meant "scale" scale and not just stand-off scale. Really well done. Especially the scale flaps.

If I ever decide to visit Jakarta I need to look you up.
Mar 18, 2015, 10:47 AM
Knocked it out of the park. Home Run! Congratulations. Well deserved. Clear Skies, Calm Winds.
Mar 18, 2015, 11:10 AM
Scale RC Plane Lover
Thank you slebetman and Joe

short video on taxiing test before the flight hopefully on next friday

Jules

F4U Corsair Depron After Painted Taxiing Test (1 min 13 sec)

Quote:
Originally Posted by slebetman
When you said scale I didn't realize you really meant "scale" scale and not just stand-off scale. Really well done. Especially the scale flaps.

If I ever decide to visit Jakarta I need to look you up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Valentin
Knocked it out of the park. Home Run! Congratulations. Well deserved. Clear Skies, Calm Winds.
Mar 20, 2015, 02:22 PM
Warbirds Lover
I look forward your next video !!!
Mar 21, 2015, 09:52 PM
Scale RC Plane Lover
My latest video, it was good and not good. The good, the plane fly well, need some trimming. Bad landing, crash landing. It happened not only on the video alone but three times, two more crash landing after each reparations.

I need to re-evaluate my landing skill : The first time I cut throttle too soon and approach too slow. Second crash because of the loose battery cable, and lost power during take off, and the left landing gear smashed onto the concrete and broke its axle. Now it doesn't have retract anymore, I have to make it fixed to be able to fly it again. The third crash also on landing, the right landing gear twisted 90 degree when stumbled upon a bump on take off, so the landing was not good, this time all landing gear were fine but the left wing broke, still repair-able, now it's already glued and fixed and ready to fly again.

Now I am making its assembly instructions for the plans

F4U Corsair Depron After Painted Flight (Crash landing) (5 min 54 sec)
Mar 22, 2015, 05:35 AM
Warbirds Lover
Jules,
On the real F4u the landing gear was also used as airbrake.
Now your Corsair landing gear are fitted with doors and so.. are acting as airbrakes.
It also seems that you use the same channel to extand the landing gear and to down the flaps that are now "full efficient" too => the corsair now needs more throttle to land and fight against the drag created by the flaps and the landing gear's doors.

Nice work anyway, that Corsair is very nice :-)

I hope she will back in the sky very soon !!
Mar 22, 2015, 06:45 AM
Dreamcatcher is right on the money.
Scale warbirds in general will need to have very low wing loading or one of those SAFE systems (in beginner mode, it takes care of not letting the plane get too slow) to avoid nasty behavior at/near stall.
Also, while those rockets under the wing are very cool, getting rid of them will make things better.
Mar 23, 2015, 04:45 AM
Scale RC Plane Lover
Thanks all for the input

I use ESC setting without brake, but I use brake when maiden flight. Does that esc settings add drag?

Quote:
Jules,
On the real F4u the landing gear was also used as airbrake.
Now your Corsair landing gear are fitted with doors and so.. are acting as airbrakes.
It also seems that you use the same channel to extand the landing gear and to down the flaps that are now "full efficient" too => the corsair now needs more throttle to land and fight against the drag created by the flaps and the landing gear's doors.

Nice work anyway, that Corsair is very nice :-)

I hope she will back in the sky very soon !!
Quote:
Originally Posted by nuteman
Dreamcatcher is right on the money.
Scale warbirds in general will need to have very low wing loading or one of those SAFE systems (in beginner mode, it takes care of not letting the plane get too slow) to avoid nasty behavior at/near stall.
Also, while those rockets under the wing are very cool, getting rid of them will make things better.

Quick Reply