Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Thread Tools
Mar 07, 2015, 01:23 PM
Warbirds Lover
Dreamcatcher's Avatar
Wooow that's a BIG progress !

It looks very nice
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Mar 08, 2015, 05:20 AM
Scale RC Plane Lover
julescrafter's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamcatcher
Wooow that's a BIG progress !

It looks very nice
Thanks Pascal
Progress for today, only push-rods left then it will good to go for maiden flight. If the weather is good I will do it tomorrow morning.

taxiing test
F4U Corsair Depron Foam Taxiing Test (1 min 33 sec)
Last edited by julescrafter; Mar 08, 2015 at 05:54 PM.
Mar 08, 2015, 03:33 PM
Warbirds Lover
Dreamcatcher's Avatar
You're Welcome mate,

Good luck for the maiden tomorrow, i stay tuned !
Mar 09, 2015, 02:07 AM
Scale RC Plane Lover
julescrafter's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamcatcher
You're Welcome mate,

Good luck for the maiden tomorrow, i stay tuned !
Thank you and you know what, luck on my side this morning, it was a successful maiden flight. The plans will be shared shortly this week on my site. I am still waiting for youtube uploading the video, so here are some photos.
Mar 09, 2015, 03:16 AM
Scale RC Plane Lover
julescrafter's Avatar
Video update

F4U Corsair Depron Foam Maiden Flight (7 min 25 sec)
Mar 09, 2015, 04:42 AM
EDF addict
-PaX-'s Avatar
I've been silently following this thread but now I must say: congratulations on the successful maiden! She looks beautiful in the air and seems to fly very well, hats off to you and your building skills!
Now I'm looking forward to seeing her in a beautiful paint scheme
Mar 09, 2015, 06:22 AM
Scale RC Plane Lover
julescrafter's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by -PaX-
I've been silently following this thread but now I must say: congratulations on the successful maiden! She looks beautiful in the air and seems to fly very well, hats off to you and your building skills!
Now I'm looking forward to seeing her in a beautiful paint scheme
Thank you sir

Jules
Mar 09, 2015, 07:08 AM
Warbirds Lover
Dreamcatcher's Avatar
Hi Jules !

Congratulation Sir, your Corsair fly very well and looks great too !

Your landing strip looks like a lot to a carrier deck, it increase the realism

What paintscheme do you think to do on your Warbird ?

Have a nice day !

Pascal
Mar 09, 2015, 08:12 AM
Scale RC Plane Lover
julescrafter's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamcatcher
Hi Jules !

Congratulation Sir, your Corsair fly very well and looks great too !

Your landing strip looks like a lot to a carrier deck, it increase the realism

What paintscheme do you think to do on your Warbird ?

Have a nice day !

Pascal
Thank you Pascal

I will use this paint scheme
Mar 09, 2015, 01:15 PM
Warbirds Lover
Dreamcatcher's Avatar
Wonderful !!
Mar 09, 2015, 04:54 PM
Registered User
Stunning job on the plane.
You're also clearly a skilled pilot.
I like the way you have those "flaps" inboard of the ailerons always down - a practical way to help insure that inboard stalls before tip.
Mar 09, 2015, 05:29 PM
Scale RC Plane Lover
julescrafter's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamcatcher
Wonderful !!
I love that paint scheme rather than all dark blue one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuteman
Stunning job on the plane.
You're also clearly a skilled pilot.
I like the way you have those "flaps" inboard of the ailerons always down - a practical way to help insure that inboard stalls before tip.
Thanks nuteman, I'm thinking to redo the flaps, I will make all 6 flaps just like the real plane.

Jules
Mar 10, 2015, 03:51 AM
Scale RC Plane Lover
julescrafter's Avatar
I re-uploaded the maiden flight video, now in HD quality

F4U Corsair Depron Maiden Flight (HD) (7 min 25 sec)
Mar 10, 2015, 04:04 AM
Warbirds Lover
Dreamcatcher's Avatar
Cool !
Mar 10, 2015, 05:44 AM
Scale RC Plane Lover
julescrafter's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamcatcher
Cool !


Little progress today in my spare time, now all flaps can be deployed just like the real plane . I use toothpicks to connect each separate flaps, so I don't have to add more servos. One side at a time, I'll continue the other side of the wing tomorrow .


Quick Reply
Message:

Thread Tools