Feb 13, 2015, 01:33 PM
Thread OP
Discussion

Dragonlink don"t buy ..read

disregard
Last edited by john dogjoint; Feb 16, 2015 at 01:50 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Feb 13, 2015, 01:49 PM
Team Warpsquad
Sounds like he was trying to help, I'm sure somebody on here could help you out.
Feb 13, 2015, 02:03 PM
Thread OP

disregard
Last edited by john dogjoint; Feb 16, 2015 at 01:51 AM.
Feb 13, 2015, 02:32 PM
Eschew obfuscation
Sounds a bit suspicious that you are choosing to only show half the conversation. (DL to you)

What was your side of it?
What were the Rx binding details of the problem you were having?

DL has a stellar reputation for support (and also not enabling people that just want to complain), but you deserve to be heard also if you think you have been slighted....but both sides of the story are relevant.
Feb 13, 2015, 04:00 PM
zev
zev
show both sides. put the email chain up here or stop badmouthing the company.
Feb 13, 2015, 04:13 PM
Zephyr 66" Blunt
Quote:
Originally Posted by john dogjoint
He did offer a suggestion that did not work and then I Asked for a refund
Take the refund and stop wasting his time. If you tried one thing he suggested and then asked for a refund then I can see why he has no time for you. Send it back to him and he will refund you, he is a stand up guy.

Mark
Feb 13, 2015, 04:17 PM
Thread OP
disregard
Last edited by john dogjoint; Feb 16, 2015 at 01:51 AM.
Feb 13, 2015, 08:53 PM
Bombs away! Err...landing
Quote:
Originally Posted by john dogjoint
I just letting people know what there dealing with.
As far as we can tell from what you've provided he's responded extremely politely and diplomatically when you threatened to kick his dog and torch his house if he doesn't give you a refund because he used words with too many syllables in the manual.

Unless you provide both sides I'm just going to have to use my imagination for the missing parts.
Feb 13, 2015, 09:02 PM
You purchased a quality product from a quality company. It would be a shame to send it back for a refund.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nGvQ0
10uvzA
Feb 13, 2015, 09:13 PM
I recently purchased a Dragon Link V2 and honestly it couldn't be any easier to setup. Perhaps you shouldn't give up so easily and try again. I dealt with Mike through email and I found him very helpful.
Feb 13, 2015, 10:59 PM
Oh, Ho, Ho, It's Magic!
I've had to ask Mike heaps of dumb questions but he has always gone out of his way to help out.

The DL products work fantastic, but can take a bit of fiddling to setup sometimes if your new to it all.

Hang in there. It's well worth the time to sort things out.

If an old fart like me can work this out anyone can !
Feb 13, 2015, 11:07 PM
I sent Mike a new RX to install the latest firmware. I just could not get past some steps myself because I am very "computer illiterate". I also included in the box I shipped him a 2 year old V2 RX that I had fried by hooking it up to a Lipo with reverse polarity. I offered to pay for the repair, if possible to repair. He mailed me back a updated RX and a repaired RX at HIS expense within 1 week. No charge. I have been ordering model aircraft products from various vendors since I was 7 years old. I am now 60 years old. NEVER have I been treated as well as Dragon Link has treated me. I have had 0 problems with DL equipment. I will use only DL receivers in my high value FPV aircraft and large Warbirds. Please take the time to read the forums. Ask questions and you will get the answers to almost all of your problems. Tom
Feb 13, 2015, 11:11 PM
Oh, Ho, Ho, It's Magic!
Hey Tomsworld,

That's exactly what I plan to do.

I'll definately be upgrading my larger gasser Warbirds with the Micro Rx's.
Feb 13, 2015, 11:46 PM
Your going to have a real hard time bad mouthing Dragon Link, the reputation is too good. Mike is constantly helping people and extending himself.

Sounds like you need to go back to your corner and try step one, you dont want to be like the lowest 1% do you?

I would have full confidence buying a Dragon Link system. Its the premier UHF system with the best customer service around.
Feb 13, 2015, 11:49 PM
DesertEagle
To be honest I doubted his "claims" as well when I bought mine and posted my disappointment for the range I got when I put the system in low. He responded quickly for a guy that is busy and it turned out he was right about my video antenna being way to close in my quad.

The Dragon link V2 system is the best thing I have ever bought period! Everything he "claims" is real and it was very easy to set up. I can completely trust this system and I have flown in an area with 5 tower antennas + three radio stations+ 2 TV stations+ High power lines from the substations belonging to the dams near by + 3 cell phone towers all in one area. I have had NO problems with the dragon link. None.

I'm not a fanboy or bootlicker and if this thing was junk or did not live up to the "claims" I would be yelling it on this forum. But the fact is the Dragon link system is one of the best purchases I've made and unlike other manufactures on this forum Mike actually addressees problems and communicates with his customer base. This is something maybe others need to learn.

For him to speak to you like this tells me that there is much much more to the story. I want to see the whole conversation and what YOU have said to him to make him respond this way. I am willing to bet you must have said some pretty stupid things for him to respond like this.

Tell me what your unit is doing and I will help you.
Last edited by Deserteagle; Feb 13, 2015 at 11:56 PM.

Quick Reply