Plans or kit for Bede BD-10 EDF - RC Groups
Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
May 26, 2004, 12:19 PM

Plans or kit for Bede BD-10 EDF

I remember there being a small manufacturer on the south side of Lake Ontario (Rochester?) who had a kit of the Bede BD-10 jet. Unfortunately, he no longer seems to be around.

Does anyone else make plans or a kit for this bird? I've got a Wemotec MF-480 sitting on my workbench.

Only other alternate would be to order Col Thacker's plans from Flying Models (CF925) and down-size them.
to remove ads between posts
May 26, 2004, 01:03 PM
EDF rules... :)
He is arround, hi sname is Bill Griggs. I dont know anymore about him or his shop though.

Eric B.
May 26, 2004, 04:07 PM
I saw a Bill Griggs BD-10 kit in a shop about a year ago and didn't pick it up, kinda kicking myself now, but scratchbuilding one shouldn't be too hard. I don't think he sells the kit anymore but maybe he has some left over.
Last edited by Ed Waldrep; May 26, 2004 at 04:12 PM.
May 26, 2004, 06:51 PM
I thought about that and have a factory 3-view of the BD-10. It could be done like KC planes, slab sides and minimal structure. It would require a little larger horizontal stabilizer as the original is minimal on the 3-view.

Eric B.
May 26, 2004, 07:12 PM
wheel chock
Didn't Steve (U812) build a BD5 ???
May 26, 2004, 07:45 PM

3-view

Yup and Dave Blum built a very scale one also. This is the BD-10.

Eric B.
May 11, 2007, 09:39 AM

Looking for foam/depron design that was in thread here

I've got the plan in a small format but need to enlarge it to build.

This used the GWS fan unit and had two depron sheets with foam in between.

Strike a chord with anyone?
May 11, 2007, 11:33 AM
Hi Byrocat,

Dave Webb (Speedfreak) is the designer. The thread is: BD-10 for EDF 40.
He is also working on a BD-5J and is the first to get an EDF BD-5J to fly. Here is that Thread: BD-5J Foam EDF
You can find more BD info at my web site ScaleBD.com.

I have now added a NIB Bill Griggs BD-10 kit to my collection . A rare find.

Joe
May 11, 2007, 04:30 PM
Hey there, just found this thread. My BD-10 might just be what your looking for. Fairly simple to build and flys great. Not blistering fast but not a slowflyer either. If you build it just remember to make a cheater hole in the bottom so you get enough air to the fan, I know it takes away from the looks but it really helps this jet get performance.
May 11, 2007, 07:13 PM
Thanks Flybd and David (Speedfreak)!

This is the thread that I was looking for.

Got a bright-and-early colonoscopy next week so I have lots of build time after I get back from the clinic. Yes, I may not feel like that. Plan B is a 6-DVD collection of Studio Ghibli anime.

Favourite series is Stratos4 -- classic jet aircraft from the Fifties and Sixties (TSR-2, Mig-25, B-58,...)

Have a good weekend all.
May 11, 2007, 10:09 PM
Speed Demon
Bill Griggs BD-10 web site, or should I say what is left of it.

Sort video clip

May 11, 2007, 11:41 PM
I have a 3 view in AutoCAD I got from someone about 5 years ago. similar to the picture Greg posted. There is some gear details shown on the file that are not on the 3view above.

Eric B.
May 12, 2007, 07:50 AM
I've been putting one of the DynamicFoamy F-15's together during commercials last night (watching Kramer-vs-Kramer with my wife, scoot downstairs, glue up another part, go back....) Should have it finished by the end of the weekend (have gardening, shopping and Mother's Day....)

I think that I've got a large drawing of the BD-10 and can probably kill a sheet or two of 6mm depron, and make up a profile model.

However, the same effort would result in me having the bits and pieces done for Dave's design.
Jun 12, 2007, 05:53 PM
Hey guys, Just wanted to say I put the gear back into my BD-10 yesterday and flew it a few minutes ago. Only this time I put the fan from the Kyosho Illusion into it. does this thing scoot with one of these fans. I think I am going to build another BD-10 and add some extra beef to it for this fan alone!
Oct 04, 2008, 10:37 PM
Running jokes into the ground
i really wouldnt want to build a bd-10 kit of any type. that plane's bad luck. it's killed many of its occupants, and broken up several times. bad luck. 4/6 prototypes broke up.