This thread is privately moderated by billpa, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Jul 12, 2015, 01:14 PM

Telemetry

I'm getting the same thing. All zeros and no telemetry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRTJ30 View Post
Have you updated the firmware on the Vector and Taranis yet? Make sure you have the most current
to remove ads between posts
Jul 12, 2015, 06:37 PM
I think there is a issue with the code.
I can not get volts but do get altitude but ever since I plugged the cable in to the Vector for telemetry and when I move the mode switch to 2d Heading hold it drops from the sky like a rock.
Will look into what's going on later today and send the files to Eagle Tree.
This is an x4rsb reciever.
M
Jul 17, 2015, 10:19 PM
The Sum of all Evils
so far it all seems to be working for me, using an X4RSB
Jul 20, 2015, 06:34 AM
Does the picture of the cable I posted in an earlier post of mine resemble yours.
M
Jul 21, 2015, 12:14 PM

Telemetry Patch

Quote:
Originally Posted by zimmy1958 View Post
nice love this
thanks
I tried this with my Turnigy 9XR Pro with bad results. Not only does it not work with the XJT/9XR Pro combo, I now get no telemetry from the receiver, (RSSI,TSSI, Voltages, etc.). Any ideas?
Jul 22, 2015, 12:10 PM
KI7CBF
Is anyone at EagleTree following the issues with using telemetry in OpenTX 2.1? The display of Vector telemetry is broken in the latest release and it appears it's because of a but in ET's implementation of the protocol. I'll file a ticket with ET as well.
Oct 26, 2015, 09:09 PM
Anyone willing to share the eepe from your radio that has vector to taranis telemetry setup PM me and i will send you a email address? I have mine on a 250 quad with a X8R receiver using sbus and a taranis plus tx.Everything is updated with new firmware.
Oct 26, 2015, 09:38 PM
Smasher of foam
Wirehead, if you're on the latest OpenTx firmware on your Taranis, unfortunately it isn't going to work. OpenTx changed the way it requests info from telemetry, and EagleTree hasn't updated their firmware to be compatible yet. (I've kept my Taranis from updating for this reason.)
Oct 26, 2015, 09:51 PM
Wirehead, if you're on the latest OpenTx firmware on your Taranis, unfortunately it isn't going to work. OpenTx changed the way it requests info from telemetry, and EagleTree hasn't updated their firmware to be compatible yet. (I've kept my Taranis from updating for this reason.)

anyway to roll back?
Last edited by wirehead70; Oct 26, 2015 at 10:08 PM.
Oct 31, 2015, 10:02 AM
Anybody sell a cable for the Vector to a Taranis Plus so I can display the Telemetry? I dont have the crimpers and would prefer to just purchase one for a small fee plus some shipping.

PM me if so. Thanks!
Nov 10, 2015, 12:49 PM
I have version 2.0.17 on my Taranis Plus, Is this firmware version compatible? Also any using a D4R-II with telemetry with the Vector?
Dec 04, 2015, 08:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcar01 View Post
I have version 2.0.17 on my Taranis Plus, Is this firmware version compatible? Also any using a D4R-II with telemetry with the Vector?
Hi all, has there been any developments on this? Any word from ET?

Jcar you likely already figured it out, the 2.0.1.7 should be fine. It was the 2.1 jump that had the changes.
Dec 17, 2015, 06:34 AM

D4rii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mcrock View Post
Plugged in the cable I adapted and I get GPS and amp draw etc but on the A2 port using the 4 channel S-Bus rx I get voltages that bounce from 5.5 approx up to 11 volts and back down again.
Taranis keeps telling me that I have a low battery warning.

Puzzled as I followed the front page instructions on here.
Any thoughts anybody?

M
Is this using the D4R or the X4R?
Dec 17, 2015, 07:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xtrmtrk View Post
Is anyone at EagleTree following the issues with using telemetry in OpenTX 2.1? The display of Vector telemetry is broken in the latest release and it appears it's because of a but in ET's implementation of the protocol. I'll file a ticket with ET as well.
Hey, any word from ET support on an update for 2.1 telemetry?
Dec 20, 2015, 02:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by saturnprime View Post
Hey, any word from ET support on an update for 2.1 telemetry?
I'm asking the same question ! What a shame because this feacture is really great. VEry surprise no more people asking about it ...