This thread is privately moderated by billpa, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
May 08, 2015, 10:53 AM
Does anybody know if anything specific has to be enabled on the Vector to support this functionality? I have built a SmartPort poller that mimics a X8R receiver, but the Vector doesn't respond at all. I see zero activity on the UART port, as if the Vector is waiting for a specific packet.
to remove ads between posts
May 12, 2015, 12:01 PM
Does anyone know if it is possible to do this on a Dragon Link Receiver?
May 12, 2015, 12:08 PM
Dragonlink doesn't do FrSky telemetry, so no. Not sure what you are asking....
May 12, 2015, 12:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJBishop
Dragonlink doesn't do FrSky telemetry, so no. Not sure what you are asking....
basically to get the Dragon Link RSSI values to display on the Vector OSD screen.
May 12, 2015, 01:26 PM
Sure, this is supported, np. If you read the Vector manual, you can see that it accepts both Analog RSSI (which all Dragonlink Receivers support), or RSSI via PPM (which the Dragonlink MicroRX supports and can be configured to output RSSI on any channel). You simply chose which type you want to use, and connect up the appropriate wires.
May 13, 2015, 06:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJBishop
Sure, this is supported, np. If you read the Vector manual, you can see that it accepts both Analog RSSI (which all Dragonlink Receivers support), or RSSI via PPM (which the Dragonlink MicroRX supports and can be configured to output RSSI on any channel). You simply chose which type you want to use, and connect up the appropriate wires.
Hi Bishop, how do I choose between the 2 types? is there a software I need to install to connect to the dragon link receiver/transmittor for this? Thanks!
May 13, 2015, 10:51 PM
Only the microRX is computer configurable. The firmware for this microRX also contains the configuration software that runs on a PC.

The full size RX can only output analog RSSI on the RSSI port of the RX.
May 19, 2015, 06:40 AM
I'm getting an A2 alarm when turning on the transmitter. I can see battery voltage on the transmitter screen but the alarm is saying 0 volts. After I take off and fly for a little the alarm will go off. I have the Range @ 25.60v Offset 0.00v Low Alarm 10.54v Critical Alarm 9.73v.
May 24, 2015, 12:59 PM
HI,

Is there any possibility to have this feature on OSDPRO (with elogger V4 w GPS) ?
Vecor OSD is to big going in my little plane (<300g)

Thanks for this great feature.
May 31, 2015, 09:06 PM
Name: uploadfromtaptalk1433123780796.jpg
Views: 156
Size: 768.8 KB
Description:

By accident I found that when I ordered a D4R 11 from Alofthobbies. . Included was the correct cable that had plugs to fit the Vector and my X 4R SB reciever, it was a simple procedure to change the wire confiquration and solder the 2 wires together as per attachment..
Next step is to test this on my Fortris Titan Tricopter. .
Cross my fingers and hope it works.
Would be great if someone was making these tho.
M
Last edited by Mcrock; Jun 06, 2015 at 08:16 PM.
Jun 07, 2015, 09:29 PM
Gravity Tester
Anybody selling this cable yet for Vector to X8R yet or a Pigtail with the correct Vector connection?

Digging through my spare & extra stuff I found a cable that works. I have an extra cable lead from Tiny OSD 3 Current sensor. It is a perfect fit!
Last edited by zann68; Jun 10, 2015 at 04:22 PM.
Jun 08, 2015, 05:03 AM
Plugged in the cable I adapted and I get GPS and amp draw etc but on the A2 port using the 4 channel S-Bus rx I get voltages that bounce from 5.5 approx up to 11 volts and back down again.
Taranis keeps telling me that I have a low battery warning.

Puzzled as I followed the front page instructions on here.
Any thoughts anybody?

M
Jun 10, 2015, 05:07 PM
Gravity Tester
Quote:
Originally Posted by zann68
Anybody selling this cable yet for Vector to X8R yet or a Pigtail with the correct Vector connection?

Digging through my spare & extra stuff I found a cable that works. I have an extra cable lead from Tiny OSD 3 Current sensor. It is a perfect fit!
Made the cable with the spare current sensor lead. WORKS! I have Alt, GPS, Vario and Voltages.
Jun 27, 2015, 01:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matty12
I tried to do this on the weekend.
I made up the cable, installed the beta. The vector is plugged in UART to SPort on the X8R, and I confirmed that the X8R is set up correctly as I'm getting data on my Taranis through my voltage sensor but when I plug the Vector back into the SPort I get only zeros on my telem. Even after reboot.
(This is on a quad but I have another Vector on a fixed wing, haven't tried that yet)

Any ideas???
Anyone else got this to work?
Have you updated the firmware on the Vector and Taranis yet? Make sure you have the most current
Jul 12, 2015, 11:05 AM

Turnigy 9XR Pro

I just tried this on my 9XR Pro with negative results. It's about the same as the Taranis and uses the same operating software, it just doesn't show telemetry like it should. Any suggestions?

Quote:
Originally Posted by billpa
If you use a Taranis radio and an X8R or compatible “Smart Port” telemetry enabled receiver, you can now see lots of Vector telemetry and log data on your radio!

To utilize this feature, you will need to install version 11.68 or later Vector software, from here.

You will also need to build a simple cable that connects between the Vector’s "UART" port and the receiver’s “S.Port” input. See the photo of the cable below. ET may later offer the cable pre-made if there’s enough demand – let us know!

IMPORTANT: don’t connect the cable to any Vector port other than "UART," or to any receiver port other than “S.Port”. Doing so could damage your equipment! Also, you CANNOT have additional Smart Port compatible telemetry modules connected at the same time as the Vector is connected.

Note: only the X8R receiver has been tested, but other "X Series" Smart Port enabled receivers may work. Non Smart Port telemetry receivers will NOT work.

Here is information on the readouts that you can display on the Taranis. Please consult your Taranis manual or forum threads if you have questions about how to use and configure telemetry readouts on your radio, or how to log data to your radio.

* Barometric Altitude – Choose “Alt” numeric telemetry screen readout on the Taranis Telemetry Setup page
* Pack Voltage – Choose “A2” readout, and set A2 Range to 25.6V
* Pack Current – Choose “Curr” readout
* GPS Position– Automatically displayed on one of the Taranis telemetry screens, after GPS fix is achieved
* Variometer/Climbrate – Choose “VSpd” readout
* Temperature – Choose “T1” readout (requires temperature sensor – see Vector manual)
* RPM – Choose “RPM” readout, and set “Blades” to 2 in your radio (requires ET brushless RPM sensor, configured as described in the Vector manual)
* milliamp-Hours used – Choose “Cnsp” readout
* Gforce/Acceleration X, Y, Z – Choose “AccX,” etc., readouts
* Airspeed – Choose “ASpd” readout (requires ET airspeed sensor, and requires 2.XXX Taranis firmware)
* GPS Altitude – Choose “GAlt” readout

“Smart Port”, “S.Port”, "X8R" and “Taranis” are FrSky trade names, and ET is not affiliated with FrSky.