How to Display Vector telemetry on your Taranis radio - Page 10 - RC Groups
This thread is privately moderated by billpa, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Feb 01, 2018, 07:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by flavio martins
Hey FPV friends,

Is possible to use the the eagle tree GPS in a frsky telemetry without the vector? I have this GPS without use.
Tks

http://www.eagletreesystems.com/inde...=65&search=GPS
That Expander module communicates by I2C bus so you'll have a lot of work to get it communicating with FrSky.

You'd need to now the exact communications address ID and data protocol.

Geoff
to remove ads between posts
Feb 14, 2018, 10:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FPVV
Hey guys,

If someone looking to connect the New DJI goggles to vector Uart this is the way,
Has anyone found success with this setup? I have a MicroVector and the new DJI Googles Racing Edition with OcuSync Air System, and I have the two connected via UART as documented (Vector RX to OcuSync TX, and Vector TX to OcuSync RX). I have factory-reset my MicroVector, and configured its UART output mode to Taranis (which I'm assuming is SmartPort, that is supported by the OcuSync system).

Unfortunately, I have no readings showing (no voltage value, no artificial horizon data). Is there something additional that I must do to enable UART output on the MicroVector? Am I correct that "Taranis" UART mode is in fact using the SmartPort protocol? Is there anything else I can troubleshoot?

I'm using firmware 2.66 on my MicroVector. SBUS communication is working great, but zero results from UART.

Thanks for any help or advice! Much appreciated.
Today, 12:55 PM

How to Display Vector telemetry on your Taranis radio

Quote:
Originally Posted by flavio martins
Hey FPV friends,

Is possible to use the the eagle tree GPS in a frsky telemetry without the vector? I have this GPS without use.
Tks

http://www.eagletreesystems.com/inde...=65&search=GPS

Hi Flavio,
Contrario to what Garris2 said, this (old) module I own doesn’t work on i2c like the new gps ET. I own this gps ET V4 mediatek (that was plug to osd pro via e logger v4) and it could work I think after change the rate to 1hz and 9600 bps.
I know it because I successfully plug in to arduplane 3.2.3 in gps type ‘auto’(1) with success.
GPS v4 wire:
- red Vcc
- white ground
- brown Rx
- yellow Tx

(Yes ! Brown is NOT the ground but Rx)
Default config is 38k.

This gps work really really well and fix is solid, far better than ublow. I really trust eagle tree hardware without issues at all.

Quick Reply