Nov 03, 2016, 02:25 PM
Circling back to answer my own question from two posts above, in the off chance it may help someone - The X4R receiver has the same pin sequence as the X8R, just a different type of connector.
to remove ads between posts
May 10, 2017, 11:02 AM
Ok so I'm building a 2.4 frsky rx repeater with dragon link tx so I'm wondering if the telemetry wire from the Dragon link TX can go to the smart port wire . On the plane the dragon link Rx is hooked to the UART of the vector. Do I need a UART to smart port converter from the DL TX to the smart port of the frsky receiver and if so would it be the host A or B of the frsky converter?? Oh and to the 9xr pro from the frsky XJT telemetry wire ground and TX I figured out already.
Last edited by Danthemanfpv; May 10, 2017 at 11:10 AM.
May 27, 2017, 02:01 AM
Hi, I recently found some erroneous values on my microvector. It didn't see them with my vector and the same radio under opentx 2.1.9.

abnormal behaviour is with A2 voltage: sometimes it's ok sometimes display values are larger. I'm running 3s pack. At power on I've got 12.4 and few minutes after 14.5 14.9 then again 12.2...
Any idea about this?

thanks again for giving such great product.
Jun 04, 2017, 04:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by macfly1202
Hi, I recently found some erroneous values on my microvector. It didn't see them with my vector and the same radio under opentx 2.1.9.

abnormal behaviour is with A2 voltage: sometimes it's ok sometimes display values are larger. I'm running 3s pack. At power on I've got 12.4 and few minutes after 14.5 14.9 then again 12.2...
Any idea about this?

thanks again for giving such great product.
I have a similar issue. Didn't test with regular Vector.
I'm trying to setup my micro vector with an X4RSB RX.
(uVector yellow and white wires combined, and connect to single yellow wire on X4R....then black to black)

Im seeing the Telem values come through, but A2 values are completely screwed up.
Range is set to 25.6 in the config, but the A2 voltage jumps values from the actual value to higher values every second or so.
The OSD reports fine, but the Taranis screen A2 is jumping.
When I plug in my X8R is fine. Only the X4R seems to be doing this.

I see for previous posts that others are reporting the same.
Anyone solve this yet?
Jun 30, 2017, 11:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cannonballer
(uVector yellow and white wires combined, and connect to single yellow wire on X4R....then black to black)

Im seeing the Telem values come through, but A2 values are completely screwed up.
Range is set to 25.6 in the config, but the A2 voltage jumps values from the actual value to higher values every second or so.

Anyone solve this yet?
I see the same behavior on A2 with my Vector (not µVector) and the X4RSB. For very short moments there is the right value displayed, but most time there coming wrong values in.
Jul 01, 2017, 04:56 PM
I am having a conflict between my Vector telemetry data and the Frsky X8R with FLVSS telemetry. I can make either work if plugged in separately but not at the same time. When both of the sbus units are plugged in the Vector telemetry sows up and the FLVSS disappears. Is anyone having success using both?
Last edited by PatrickL; Jul 02, 2017 at 09:22 PM.
Jul 03, 2017, 07:14 PM
EagleTree support just responded that the Vector can be the only thing on the smart bus for it to work. This definitely defeats the advertised smart bus capabilities for chaining devices.
Jul 04, 2017, 06:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cannonballer

Anyone solve this yet?
Not that Im aware. Im using the Micro Vector and a Frsky XSR receiver with SBUS and Smart port. I have the same issues as you. Ive tried 3 brand new XSRS with the same result. The OSD reports all telemetry correctly, but my Taranis + shows way off voltages. Im also using SBUS and Smart port and have set the A2 values in the Taranis + to 25.6V. However when I connect a Frsky X6R using SBUS and the Smart Port to the Micro Vector, Voltages are perfect on my Taranis and OSD. Also to note, Im using another Frsky XSR on another 250 build and the Taranis shows perfect telemetry on my Naze32 and SPRacing F3 Flight controllers. So Im not thinking its a Frsky Problem per se. Ive also tried multiple FWs with the micro vector and none of them seem to send the correct telemetry voltage, x,y,z axis or amp variables correctly even though the OSD shows them all spot on.
Jul 29, 2017, 06:43 AM
Just trying to verify the exact connections to my X8R Smart Port. The photo in the first post shows the cable plugged into the Vector UART plug but not plugged into the X8R So from the UART pin 2 black, pin 3 orange, pin 4 yellow. pin 3 and 4 are connected together. On the X8R Smart Port the pins are S, +, - which wire(s) go to the S pin?

Edit: After close examination of the X8R I see the Smart Port is "keyed" and looking at the photo in post 1 again I see the yellow and orange go to the S pin and the black to the - pin on the X8R. Now to find a cable...

Edit: I've identified the cable in post #1 it's the GPS cable part number VEC-CAB-GPS for $5...

Thanks
JT
Last edited by jthornton; Jul 29, 2017 at 07:55 AM.
Sep 26, 2017, 02:12 PM
Is anyone doing this on their Taranis running OpenTX 2.2?
Oct 13, 2017, 08:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by solson888
Is anyone doing this on their Taranis running OpenTX 2.2?
Anyone?
Oct 15, 2017, 05:45 PM
I sometimes have A2 voltage telemetry 'sensor lost'. It eventually comes back (or not, depends on its mood :P ).
On one occasion I had another 'sensor lost' but it came back quite quickly.

Other than that, no other main issues.

(I run OpenTX 2.2.0 on taranis X9E and the newest vector firmware.)
Dec 17, 2017, 01:17 PM
La mouette

UART Micro-Vector to S.Port Frsky ?

Hello, I want to make a connection cable uart-MicroVetor SPort Frsky ... (excuse my bad English ... google translation ... )
but I'm worried because the UART cable colors provided by EagleTree, are not identical between Vector and MicroVector: the orange and white cables are reversed! ... is that important? ... for my micro-Vector cable, I put the white and the yellow together ... or I have to keep the yellow and the orange together .. ???
Thank you for confirming the correct cable assembly ...
https://db.tt/TGtwKjh919
Dec 22, 2017, 02:37 PM
Guy Azulay
Hey guys,

If someone looking to connect the New DJI goggles to vector Uart this is the way,
Jan 31, 2018, 09:51 AM
Hey FPV friends,

Is possible to use the the eagle tree GPS in a frsky telemetry without the vector? I have this GPS without use.
Tks

http://www.eagletreesystems.com/inde...=65&search=GPS

Quick Reply