Feb 11, 2015, 08:45 AM
Thread OP
Discussion

UDIRC UDI001 - Venom Electric Boat

Hi all,

I have a UDI venom little RC electric speed boat.

We were racing them in the swimming pool where we work, but on two of our boats the steering seems to have gone to pot! I've tried replacing servo thinking it was that but it made no difference, the pool is obviously chlorinated, so do you think this will have killed them off?
to remove ads between posts
Feb 11, 2015, 11:34 AM
Can you try using that servo on another model? Do you have the steering rate up on the transmitter? Try replacing the esc if you can I'm not familiar with that boat but these are steps I would take with anything RC
Jun 02, 2016, 06:07 PM
Hi,
I have the same pb with servo getting offset, then crazy, then dead on my UDI001... then alive and so on :-(
I didn't try replacing servo yet. Did you fix it tomfreeman89 ?
Triming the Tx doesn't solve anything. Thrust control is Ok though :-/
Jun 18, 2016, 10:58 AM
Ok, servo problem fixed! The servo plugs were dirty/corroded inside. Had to clean each pin and connector. Turns as new now :-)
Jul 04, 2016, 01:27 PM
Test with servo disengaged from rudder:
- left turn : about 45 servo deviation
- right turn : about 10 serbo deviation
Trimming doesn't change anything, just the 0 position : -45/+10 still around that position.
Do you observe the same on your UDI, or mine has a problem?
Aug 13, 2016, 06:00 AM
Answering to myself : wider servo deviation to left than to the right, seems to be a feature, not a problem. Because the boat requires far less rudder input to turn right due to motor torque and hull inclination.
Anybody Reading this thread ???
Aug 20, 2016, 01:43 PM
fly and then fly some more!
I just got this boat today and noticed the same issue with the rudder turning way less to the right than to the left. I wrote the USAtoyz seller and they wrote back saying they think there is a problem with the steering motor and to send it back, but I am going to test it out here shortly at the lake and see if your theory is correct ludorc. I put a new servo in that I had laying around and it still does the same thing, so its not the servo.
Aug 20, 2016, 03:31 PM
Just got back from testing it out. It appears this is not a problem but the way it actually needs to be. it turns great both left and right. it tends to lean to the right already in the water because of the weight. It runs great and I think its an awesome little boat for $50. highly recommend.
Aug 20, 2016, 03:46 PM
Even more interesting for $34 !
http://m.gearbest.comhttp://m.gearbe...pp_154970.html
Aug 20, 2016, 03:50 PM
Would be a dream machine if it could use regular 2S Lipo, and handle salt water.
I am working on it... Ideas welcome :-)
Aug 20, 2016, 07:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ludorc
this link just took me to the homepage. you talking about the UDI like these in yellow that is $34? great deal, just have to wait for it to ship snail mail from china.
Last edited by nickelbn1; Aug 20, 2016 at 07:28 PM.
Aug 21, 2016, 06:17 PM
Sorry, gearbest seems not to have it anymore. Udi001 is not yellow. It comes in black or red/orange. Warning: ft007 comes in yellow, but is not as good.
Aug 21, 2016, 09:54 PM
Just Plane Nutts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ludorc
Sorry, gearbest seems not to have it anymore. Udi001 is not yellow. It comes in black or red/orange. Warning: ft007 comes in yellow, but is not as good.
I've had a few FT007s and had a lot of fun with them. What do you not like about them versus the UDI001?
Aug 22, 2016, 05:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AirDOGGe
I've had a few FT007s and had a lot of fun with them. What do you not like about them versus the UDI001?
Nothing I don't like about the FT007, actually IMHO the UDI001 is a FT007 clone, plus it has a stock water cooling system, and telemetry (Tx flashes when out of range, and beeps when batteries are low). These are exceptionnal and important features FOR ME at this price tag.
Last edited by ludorc; Aug 22, 2016 at 04:34 PM.

Quick Reply