Apr 05, 2015, 11:10 AM
I plug my y motor in the x and it's working both direction. Now it's telling me that there is something wrong on the y that make the motor move in one direction only. My stop switch is working fine it's open in both direction until I pressed it. Any idea of what my issue?
to remove ads between posts
Apr 06, 2015, 10:49 AM
My Bulldog is my copilot ..
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by choopi
I plug my y motor in the x and it's working both direction. Now it's telling me that there is something wrong on the y that make the motor move in one direction only. My stop switch is working fine it's open in both direction until I pressed it. Any idea of what my issue?
Try checking if its the stepper controller... The easiest test would be to swap the X & Y Stepper controllers and see if the Y moves both directions.

If you post your configuration.h i can compare it with mine to make sure its not firmware related.
Apr 07, 2015, 11:10 AM
Got it! It was one of the pin on the ramp that was bent out of the Arduino. I got the pin in now and it's working! It's printing nice!
Apr 07, 2015, 11:11 AM
What are you using for your spool holder? I need to make one.
Apr 07, 2015, 11:49 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
What are you using for your spool holder? I need to make one.
I created my own spool holder. I wanted something that was quick/easy to change spools and i couldn't find anything i like.

This is what i came up with..
http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:760564

I'll post better pictures of it when i get home from work.
Apr 07, 2015, 12:07 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Got it! It was one of the pin on the ramp that was bent out of the Arduino. I got the pin in now and it's working! It's printing nice!
Sweet!

Your house will soon be filled with useless plastic knick-knacks
Apr 07, 2015, 06:50 PM
Thread OP
Here is my spool holder (linked to above)

Apr 07, 2015, 11:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLost
Here is my spool holder (linked to above)

Wow, nice for the photos, it look great! I'm having with that! What program you use for face you make(statue)? It would be nice to give a try with my daughter! As a surprise!
Apr 08, 2015, 10:03 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
What program you use for face you make(statue)? It would be nice to give a try with my daughter! As a surprise!
I used a program for OSX called '3D Scanner' (its in the Mac App Store) and an Xbox 360 Kinect scanner. There are a few other programs that do the same thing.. some will work with pictures from your phone (http://www.123dapp.com/catch .. i never had luck with this one).
Apr 08, 2015, 09:44 PM
Quote:
I used a program for OSX called '3D Scanner' (its in the Mac App Store) and an Xbox 360 Kinect scanner. There are a few other programs that do the same thing.. some will work with pictures from your phone (http://www.123dapp.com/catch .. i never had luck with this one).
Good, I will try the Mac app... I printed some stuff for my ZUUL today!
Apr 12, 2015, 07:46 PM

Firmware update?

Hi TheLost,
When I attempted to add a lcd display to my printer(the same as you have) I found the firmware to be quite old with little lcd support. So I updated it with the most recent Marlin firmware modified to match the original settings. Everything worked except the heated bed which heated MUCH slower and maxed out at about 75C. Did you have any such troubles when adding your LCD or inductive sensor?

Thanks,
Will
Apr 13, 2015, 01:11 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcefanitoli
Hi TheLost,
When I attempted to add a lcd display to my printer(the same as you have) I found the firmware to be quite old with little lcd support. So I updated it with the most recent Marlin firmware modified to match the original settings. Everything worked except the heated bed which heated MUCH slower and maxed out at about 75C. Did you have any such troubles when adding your LCD or inductive sensor?

Thanks,
Will
No.. i haven't had any issues.

Make sure you moved/copied everything over from the configuration.h. Also make sure the heat bed wires haven't detected. If 'Pin' #2 and #3 are not connected on the heat bed it will be in 24v mode.

I thought for sure i would have burned out my PSU by now.. I have a 2nd fan, inductive sensor and Raspberry Pi 2 all wired directly to my PSU (including all the stock stuff).. but it keeps going strong.
Apr 15, 2015, 09:39 PM
Prying Open My Third Eye
Quote:
I am in love with the PET filament from MadeSolid called PET+. I use it to make quadcopter frames (the real reason i bought my 3D printer in the first place). It doesn't smell.. is as strong as ABS.. but is more flexible and crash resistant. It prints a lot like PLA but needs higher heat.

I was getting ready to order a roll of 1.75mm PET+ in orange.

I was ok with $35 a roll but $26 shipping to TN made me turn away..

Am I missing something on the website?
Last edited by slo_dave; Apr 15, 2015 at 09:48 PM.
Apr 15, 2015, 09:47 PM
Prying Open My Third Eye
Sorry... solved my own problem

Found it on Amazon..

$35 and free shipping with Prime

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Apr 16, 2015, 08:51 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by slo_dave
Sorry... solved my own problem