Nov 26, 2016, 07:56 PM
Team Armattan Tech
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmulder
guys ;how bad is this thing; http://www.gearbest.com/3d-printers-...14.html?wid=21
Yes its stick together yourself and forget about support but for that price?
I'd say for the price it would be hard to go wrong. Any printer in this price range is going to require tweaks / mods.
to remove ads between posts
Dec 27, 2017, 11:34 AM
That printer is pain on the ass really hard to set up. A lot of issues.
Dec 27, 2017, 04:26 PM
The lunatic is on the grass
Quote:
Originally Posted by Javieruriel
Actually it's a great printer for the cost.
Mine has been running well for 2 years,several rolls of plastic through it without any major troubles.
Of course i've had to replace nozzles but that's it,belts bearings are still original (the belts are showing signs of wear and will be replaced in a month or two) and no problems with the heated bed.
The printer is inside an enclosure constructed out of cardboard to keep the ambient temp higher than the temp of the room the printer is in which is important when printing ABS .
Most of my printing is with ABS,have used PLA and TPU both print nicely just have to keep your speeds low with the TPU.

Post up here in this thread if your having some trouble,probably be able to help you out.
Last edited by ridgewalker; Dec 27, 2017 at 04:33 PM.
Dec 27, 2017, 04:43 PM
Well, now that you know ...
Yep mine's going strong too. i recently tried the "wood" material - cool stuff.
Jun 10, 2019, 08:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Javieruriel
I know I'm piling on a bit late, but Folger is still selling this pile of junk. And I say that with a lot of expereience. I've been flying lots of "lower quality" toys from China and have certainly dealt with lots of "hobby" kits. I got a second or third revision Folgertech Prusa I3 kit a few years ago. This kit almost made me abandon 3d printing. The instructions are inffuriating, so many errors, yet it is in a g-doc that could be editied, but hasn't been touched in years. I had to make several trips to home depot as small parts were missing. Other parts were scattered in other bags. Probably the most frustrating build I have done in the last 20 years. Even a HK450 $30 kit went together much more smoothly. I built the frame, got to the electronics and left it sitting.

I recently bought another 3d printer as I really wanted to try the hobby. To use the old RCHN phrase, I shook the box and it pretty much built itself, and it was $100 cheaper, and is soo much better built.

Please, if you are thinking about buying one of these STAY AWAY... there are much better kits out there now, at much lower prices.
Jun 10, 2019, 08:41 AM
Well, now that you know ...
A shame their quality control has tanked. Years ago mine was delivered with everything I needed and it is all still working today. I agree there are a lot of other options now. No reason to fight with something sub-par.
Jun 10, 2019, 05:19 PM
Retired CAD guy
I've had my FT-5 for over two years and made a ton of stuff and learned a lot.

Great investment and machine.

Quick Reply