Mar 04, 2016, 03:21 PM
Fan of just about anything RC
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdlegy View Post
I am sad. I uploaded pictures of modding the tx of the u807 and nobody was curious how it worked
Problem with this thread sometimes it moves so fast, that postings get overlooked. I am pretty sure no one intended to ignore a posting on purpose.
Latest blog entry: For the love of the hobby!
to remove ads between posts
Mar 04, 2016, 03:23 PM
Quote:
I am sad. I uploaded pictures of modding the tx of the u807 and nobody was curious how it worked
Repost mods. How did it work?

You forget that the u807 thread is the last place to discuss the u807.
Mar 04, 2016, 03:24 PM
Hurry before I lose interest. ADD is acting up again.

Just realized that I am happy with the range of the u807. So no longer interested in your mod.
Last edited by Gimp Man; Mar 04, 2016 at 03:30 PM.
Mar 04, 2016, 03:30 PM
Got some good range out of it. Probably will test it when I got to the countryside tomorrow.
More than 150 meters range I think it is worth it to mod
I also unsoldered the big blue LED so I can save some battery. Btw- if you use the antenna on the tx without the plastic antenna which is out of the tx the range is like 10 meters. I think I should have cut in half the antenna in the tx, because there is no use of it being so long

[/QUOTE]
Last edited by rdlegy; Mar 04, 2016 at 03:37 PM.
Mar 04, 2016, 03:45 PM
Rum River watershed
Quote:
Originally Posted by tronaton View Post
I remember Q101 saying he believes the "pranksters" at the factory swap props/reverse TX controls/turn up throttle trim all the way,
for kicks.
It's hard to believe those highly paid, well treated chinese workers are pranksters!
I think china is the only major country that spends more on internal security than on external security.
Interesting, china pretends to be communist but has more billionaires than any other country. How do you think that sits with the mostly poor population?

Quote:
More than 150 meters range I think and overall I think it is a worth it mod and easy to do
I can't see orientation on a U807 at 150 meters, have no desire to fly it that far.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casey the sunbather
It's sunny and 67 here and moderately windy. Flew the 807 with 300 30C, 350 65C, and 1200 30C. Just a helluva lot 'o' fun. Crashed about 8 times (damn trees, moron pilot)
Sheesh, it's snowing and windy here.
Mar 04, 2016, 03:53 PM
Suspended Account
This Quad seems to be highly regarded but is it still good? Hard to tell from this thread! Anyone who has got one recently have any advice if if it is a good buy. The shipping costs on this quad is crazy, why ?
Mar 04, 2016, 03:53 PM
Fan of just about anything RC
Quote:
Got some good range out of it. Probably will test it when I got to the countryside tomorrow.
More than 150 meters range I think it is worth it to mod
I also unsoldered the big blue LED so I can save some battery.

Range mods always welcome in this thread too: https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show....php?t=2501992
Latest blog entry: For the love of the hobby!
Mar 04, 2016, 03:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanoeBeyond View Post
It's hard to believe those highly paid, well treated chinese workers are pranksters!
I think china is the only major country that spends more on internal security than on external security.
Interesting, china pretends to be communist but has more billionaires than any other country. How do you think that sits with the mostly poor population?

I can't see orientation on a U807 at 150 meters, have no desire to fly it that far.

Sheesh, it's snowing and windy here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloProFan View Post
Range mods always welcome in this thread too: https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show....php?t=2501992
After doing the antenna mod it just feels better, because you don't get signal loss when you fly it far away. Sometimes you lose signal for 1 second, but really rarely.
Btw I am going to solder the stock antenna from the u807 tx to the eachine h8 mini tx. Should give me 50 meters range
Mar 04, 2016, 04:04 PM
Actually I am interested after all.

What do you figure is the stock range of the u807?

How did your mods improve things?

Note: I need more explanation on what mods you did. What parts are needed? Where do I get them? Then what do I do?
Mar 04, 2016, 04:05 PM
new2rc15
Quote:
time to graduate to videos, but I for one am glad you had success!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Mar 04, 2016, 04:10 PM
Suspended Account
I have been creeping this thread and you seem to treat RD like a black sheep. Give the boy some respect!!
Mar 04, 2016, 04:13 PM
Quote:
After doing the antenna mod it just feels better, because you don't get signal loss when you fly it far away. Sometimes you lose signal for 1 second, but really rarely.
Btw I am going to solder the stock antenna from the u807 tx to the eachine h8 mini tx. Should give me 50 meters range
I did the simple antenna thru the top of h8 mini quad and tx and get 60 meters plus range. Still be interested if Nihui antenna improves on that.

Again, what do you figure was the stock u807 range? My feeling is that it was about 100 to 110 meters.
Mar 04, 2016, 04:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BamBamBam View Post
This Quad seems to be highly regarded but is it still good? Hard to tell from this thread! Anyone who has got one recently have any advice if if it is a good buy. The shipping costs on this quad is crazy, why ?
I purchased 3 Nihui u807s over the last 4 months. All three are great. Shipping was free. Average price was 30.00 US. Delivery time to Canada was about 3 weeks. I purchased from GEARBEST.

The camera was kinda crappy, but I bought one with the camera because it was only $6.00 more. Plus the white version looks better than the black IMO.
Last edited by Gimp Man; Mar 04, 2016 at 04:23 PM.
Mar 04, 2016, 04:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BamBamBam View Post
I have been creeping this thread and you seem to treat RD like a black sheep. Give the boy some respect!!

I like RD. I am awaiting the day his mods make the Mould King the best quad ever.
Mar 04, 2016, 04:25 PM
dragon trainer
Quote:
Originally Posted by tronaton View Post
r2d2

your on my circuits..
i believe you ordered the wrong parts for the ghost.
does anyone know if rd has an x6 he can at least use them on?
https://youtu.be/o5X3ZRiFS2c
rd this is my final attempt at informing you.

Bam:
Please read through the thread a bit more and you will understand all your questions with the answers hidden within.
About the u807 and our cafe pilot regime.
"This Quad seems to be highly regarded but is it still good?"
Weclome to the cafe' NiH.

Quick Reply