Thread Tools
Jul 28, 2019, 01:48 PM
Fan of just about anything RC
SoloProFan's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by geotric
Well the planet is getting quite hot.
Here as well . We had good high racking tempatures this week .
Oh internet is back.
I still havent flown yet.
First it is too hot and my body is aching after a brutal day at work.
Maybe this week I hope.

Now it's's only 22C outside, I actually put on a shirt with sleeves before I went flying, because it felt chilly, compared to earlier today. Flew with the ER349 again, this time with the correct settings for Feedforward Transition. I had been experimenting with PID settings, and set a few PID profiles to switch between. But forgot to copy this setting. It doesn't directly affect the PID controller, but it does help to reduce the bounce back when making fast moves. And I did notice some of that bounce when stopping from fast rolls. Today that seemed better, with the setting being correct now.

Also flew with the MX3 Sparrow, the R349, Egg 138 and the Asteroid 3.

Hope you get to fly soon again too, and body will be feeling better too.
Latest blog entry: For the love of the hobby!
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Jul 28, 2019, 09:14 PM
Registered User
John Luciano's Avatar
Just got out of the pool 9:00pm. Waters is 78 deg. Air temp is 74. Very weird.
Jul 29, 2019, 12:22 AM
Fan of just about anything RC
SoloProFan's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Luciano
Just got out of the pool 9:00pm. Waters is 78 deg. Air temp is 74. Very weird.

That tells you to get back into the pool again, right?
Latest blog entry: For the love of the hobby!
Jul 29, 2019, 12:31 AM
We are not men, we are DEVO 7e
xanuser's Avatar
or to get a hot tub
Jul 29, 2019, 06:26 AM
Registered User
John Luciano's Avatar
Really hot days lately.
Jul 29, 2019, 04:05 PM
Fan of just about anything RC
SoloProFan's Avatar
Temps have dropped here a little, "only" 27C at max today. Haven't even worn a sleeveless shirt today.

Flying is more enjoyable with these temps:

Evening rip with the Eachine/Diatone ER349 (3 min 51 sec)
Latest blog entry: For the love of the hobby!
Jul 31, 2019, 11:50 PM
Fan of just about anything RC
SoloProFan's Avatar
Is Youtube broken again? I uploaded a video, added music yesterday, and this morning it was still processing...

Uploaded again after deleting the first attempt, and it's already taking half an hour, which is crazy for a 3 minute video...


Edit: Well, only took 2 hours to process....

Hobbymate Asteroid 3, trying GemFan 3052, flying over the rainbow (3 min 34 sec)
Last edited by SoloProFan; Aug 01, 2019 at 01:51 AM.
Aug 07, 2019, 04:57 PM
Flight for life
geotric's Avatar
Oh well.
No one home.
Hey Gimp Man what's up ?
Aug 09, 2019, 06:37 AM
Flight for life
geotric's Avatar
Ahhhh
TGIF.
Maybe some flying this weekend since the weather will be cooler.
And no sweating in the goggles,,,lol.
Even with a goggle fan it is still not fun to fly all wet.
Aug 10, 2019, 06:15 AM
Fan of just about anything RC
SoloProFan's Avatar
Weather is a bit cooler here now too, with a strong breeze. Managed to squeeze a few flights in though:

Flying the Eachine/Diatone ER349 in windy conditions (3 min 38 sec)
Latest blog entry: For the love of the hobby!
Aug 10, 2019, 07:02 AM
Flight for life
geotric's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloProFan
Weather is a bit cooler here now too, with a strong breeze. Managed to squeeze a few flights in though:
https://youtu.be/4eIt0kZavMc
Good flying Solo. Thumbs up.
Here also the weather is cooler.
We got thunder showers last night.
Now it looks like a nice sunny day coming.
I will go fly like a novice later with the Vortex and the Beta 75 X.
Maybe a video showing my novice skills,,,,lol.
Aug 10, 2019, 07:03 AM
Flight for life
geotric's Avatar
Oh is this a new trend coming.
Maybe a good idea for our long Canadian Winters .

Micro scale RC Car gets unboxed and played! (4 min 23 sec)
Aug 10, 2019, 07:07 AM
Fan of just about anything RC
SoloProFan's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by geotric
Good flying Solo. Thumbs up.
Here also the weather is cooler.
We got thunder showers last night.
Now it looks like a nice sunny day coming.
I will go fly like a novice later with the Vortex and the Beta 75 X.
Maybe a video showing my novice skills,,,,lol.

If you call yourself a novice, you are downplaying your abilities. Plus, it matters most if you are an expert in having fun when you fly, not whether you can perform a certain trick or not. If you have a smile on your face when you land, it's mission accomplished, imho.
Latest blog entry: For the love of the hobby!
Aug 10, 2019, 10:11 AM
Flight for life
geotric's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloProFan
If you call yourself a novice, you are downplaying your abilities. Plus, it matters most if you are an expert in having fun when you fly, not whether you can perform a certain trick or not. If you have a smile on your face when you land, it's mission accomplished, imho.
+1 Solo.
I totally agree with you that it has to be fun.
I went out for a few flights with the Beta 75 X.
Well it was fun but I want more,,,lol.
It felt quite good after a few weeks of inactivity .
More later.
Now 17 centigrade with 36 kmh wind.
Ahh . My kind of weather.
Last edited by geotric; Aug 10, 2019 at 10:23 AM.
Aug 10, 2019, 12:26 PM
Fan of just about anything RC
SoloProFan's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by geotric
+1 Solo.
I totally agree with you that it has to be fun.
I went out for a few flights with the Beta 75 X.
Well it was fun but I want more,,,lol.
It felt quite good after a few weeks of inactivity .
More later.
Now 17 centigrade with 36 kmh wind.
Ahh . My kind of weather.

Glad to hear you got to fly again. In what way do you want more? More time to fly?
Latest blog entry: For the love of the hobby!


Quick Reply
Message:

Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Mini-Review BOJIANG S1 Review (Nihui U807 Killer?) - [Setup, Flight Test, Pros & Cons] rc808hawaii Mini Multirotor Drones 20 Aug 07, 2018 04:32 PM
For Sale BRAND NEW Nihui U807 aggillator Aircraft - Electric - Multirotor (FS/W) 4 Nov 11, 2017 04:05 AM
Help! Taranis/4in1/Nihui U807/Flysky question landshark31 Beginner Multirotor Drones 0 Feb 02, 2017 12:29 AM
Help! Nihui U807 Quadcopter Not Pairing LuckyEarthling Beginner Multirotor Drones 3 Sep 22, 2015 06:52 PM