May 31, 2019, 04:14 PM
Flight for life
Right on Gimp Man.
Congrats. I also will get a Spark (the combo) maybe after my move to the suburbs. Only 729 $.
My wife will get it for my birthday. I should try those DJI goggles soon to see if it is flyable in FPV.
Good Luck.
Last edited by geotric; May 31, 2019 at 04:25 PM.
to remove ads between posts
May 31, 2019, 07:54 PM
Flight for life
Oh well maybe I will instal a 600 mW VTX with RHCP antenna on the Spark so I can use my Fatshark Goggles.
Jun 01, 2019, 06:21 PM
Flight for life
But in the mean time I fly my old Vortex 150 Pro before the rain. And I really feel good flying this quad.

ImmersionRC Vortex 150 Pro with Foxeer Falkor Mini Camera 1-6-19 (4 min 29 sec)
Last edited by geotric; Jun 01, 2019 at 06:30 PM.
Jun 02, 2019, 01:34 AM
Fan of just about anything RC
It shows that you are feeling comfortable with this quad. This area also makes up for a great course, to use the scenery as waypoints for flying. Like using those two trees, which are lined up nicely for a mini-slalom. Or some proximity flying, using the goal posts, like first flying underneath the horizontal bar, then slow climb while making 180 yaw turn, and moving back going over the top of the horizontal bar. Or around 1:28, above the number "3" of the current undicator, it seems there is a nice gap between the bigger tree on the left, and the "peninsula" of smaller trees on the right.
Latest blog entry: For the love of the hobby!
Jun 02, 2019, 05:44 AM
Flight for life
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloProFan
It shows that you are feeling comfortable with this quad. This area also makes up for a great course, to use the scenery as waypoints for flying. Like using those two trees, which are lined up nicely for a mini-slalom. Or some proximity flying, using the goal posts, like first flying underneath the horizontal bar, then slow climb while making 180 yaw turn, and moving back going over the top of the horizontal bar. Or around 1:28, above the number "3" of the current undicator, it seems there is a nice gap between the bigger tree on the left, and the "peninsula" of smaller trees on the right.
Thanks Solo. Yes lots of fun patterns at that spot.
I still have 2 weekend to go fly over there . I was lucky the field was still wet and muddy because of that , they moved the soccer games at the far end.
I only used half of the area and I was not standing at a good spot for a good reception. Work in progress. I am already looking for new places to fly in "Laval"
That is the name of the City and the Island. There is still big semi virgin fields to fly . There is big football and ball parks but that can become redondant.
Anyway the move will be priority for a few days. After the fun will continue.
Last edited by geotric; Jun 02, 2019 at 06:08 AM.
Jun 02, 2019, 10:28 AM
Flight for life
I like a little forest like this.
But that is Not me.

URUAV UR85HD (3 min 29 sec)
Jun 02, 2019, 04:54 PM
Waddup guys. Who remembers he-man.
T.A.T (TINY ATTAK TRAK M.O.T.U) (1 min 52 sec)

Also awesome crawler
Best 1:24 Crawler? Fully proportional (hobby plus) (5 min 20 sec)

When getting the spark: remember to get the "rtf" model or the flymore pack.
The tx is really necessary!

Oh and use my affiliate links, so i can get more free crap.
Jun 03, 2019, 12:10 AM
Is that crawler different from the RGT one? The body does look really slick, but any real changes underneath or just a reverse engineered copy?
Jun 03, 2019, 12:30 AM
I'll do a sidebyside, but its a copy.
Nice thing is an extra jst output for fpv cam.
Jun 03, 2019, 12:38 AM
Shame they didn't include high and low gearing. The only thing I dislike about the RGT 1/24 is that it's a little fast for real crawling. A switch at the bottom, to select gears, would be a real innovation here.
Jun 03, 2019, 06:27 AM
Flight for life
[QUOTE=canino;41998939]Waddup guys.
The tx is really necessary!

Thanks Canino.
I will get the Spark Combo . I think lots of cables, props, 2 batteries and a TX with the Spark.
I should have it maybe in a few weeks. I think I will had a temporary 600 mW VTX on top just for FPV.
The DJI goggles are huge,,,lol.
Oh I like that truck.
And they are smart to add a connection for a FPV camera. I will maybe get one just because of that feature.
Thanks.
Jun 03, 2019, 06:30 AM
Flight for life
Oh well a Tornado landed at 100 km from here with wind up to 175 km yesterday evening.
Wow. I think our Summer will be very unstable.
I did go out in between rain showers to fly the Beta75 X on the Moskito 70 frame. Just cruising.

BetaFPV Beta 75 X with FuriousFPV Moskito 70 frame 2-6-19 (2 min 51 sec)
Jun 03, 2019, 08:45 AM
@geo

The dji goggles are overpriced & proprietary.
I think the spark is still one of the nicest out of the box.

But with all those extra's (goggles) maybe a mavic2 or something better?
Jun 03, 2019, 10:23 AM
Flight for life
Quote:
Originally Posted by canino
@geo
The dji goggles are overpriced & proprietary.
I think the spark is still one of the nicest out of the box.
But with all those extra's (goggles) maybe a mavic2 or something better?
Oh .
Ok I will check the Mavic2 .
Thanks Canino.

Update.
My biggest concern is the weight. The Mavic 2 Pro is awesome and not cheap but that is secondary.
The weight is crucial for not registering . So I think I am back at square one.
Last edited by geotric; Jun 03, 2019 at 11:39 AM.
Jun 03, 2019, 12:03 PM
Attach helium balloon to it, that will reduce the weight. Or attach several helium balloons to the "drone police officer" that comes checking your quad's weight. Like, keep handing him balloon after balloon, asking "can you please hold these for me?" and then when he takes off, look the other way.

Quick Reply