Dec 21, 2018, 10:32 AM
Ye olde keyfob poor mans aerial video.

Here is an old one from me withe the mate808. wow been 2 years ago already.
Mute audio!

Smoother footage with mate808 camera and mould king super s 33041 (2 min 10 sec)
to remove ads between posts
Dec 21, 2018, 10:33 AM
Fan of just about anything RC
Quote:
Originally Posted by geotric
Yes I am very happy that my wife got me 2.
I am not certain if I will ever use the second one ,since the first one is so solid and such a good flyer.
Isn't BetaFPV store closer to you ?

Afaik all shipping from China.
Latest blog entry: For the love of the hobby!
Dec 21, 2018, 10:51 AM
Why can they make that cheap keychain camera So good. Yet I buy a Sport camera for the same $$ and it is not even close. That last video looked quite nice. I purchased a few Keychain Cams. But I’m sure not the same. Mine were under $20
Dec 21, 2018, 11:00 AM
Flight for life
Quote:
Originally Posted by canino
Ye olde keyfob poor mans aerial video.
Here is an old one from me withe the mate808. wow been 2 years ago already.
Mute audio!
https://youtu.be/hh9ALAHg0kM
That was fun.
Thanks for sharing Canino.
Thumbs up.
Is that the Downtown Rotterdam at a distance when you were flying higher than your Housing Complex ?
Dec 21, 2018, 11:03 AM
Flight for life
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Luciano
Why can they make that cheap keychain camera So good. Yet I buy a Sport camera for the same $$ and it is not even close. That last video looked quite nice. I purchased a few Keychain Cams. But I’m sure not the same. Mine were under $20
She has to be the real one.
Lots of fake ones out there.
eleponline365 is the Original Maker in China.
But she is sold on eBay.
I will show you a short video on the different lenses you can choose from.
Also www.chucklohr.com for more info.

808 #16 HD Keychain Camera Lens A, B, and D Comparison (4 min 8 sec)
Last edited by geotric; Dec 21, 2018 at 11:14 AM.
Dec 21, 2018, 11:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Luciano
This is the mate808, this one shoots i believe 1600x1200, but scales it to 1920x1080.
This one and the original no #16 still sell at 30-35+ usd. Not bad for a 2-3 year old model. If its below that, its probably a fake or bad clone. The only downside for me is that it doesnt handle lowlight very well and doesnt have good dynamic range.
I cannot compare it, but the hawkeye firefly micro also gets good reviews. But the online footage didnt impress me much
https://www.banggood.com/Hawkeye-Fir...stlinkid=94510

Quote:
Originally Posted by geotric
That was fun.
Thanks for sharing Canino.
Thumbs up.
Is that the Downtown Rotterdam at a distance when you were flying higher than your Housing Complex ?
Yes, its very close to me. You could say i live just at the edge of downtown Rotterdam.
Looking back at the video, the fisheye lens makes it look a lot further than it actually is.
Last edited by canino; Dec 21, 2018 at 11:36 AM.
Dec 21, 2018, 11:37 AM
Flight for life
[QUOTE=canino;40732015]This is the mate808, this one shoots i believe 1600x1200, but scales it to 1920x1080.
This one and the original no #16 still sell at 30-35+ usd. Not bad for a 2-3 year old model. If its below that, its probably a fake or bad clone. The only downside for me is that it doesnt handle lowlight very well and doesnt have good dynamic range.
I cannot compare it, but the hawkeye firefly also gets good reviews. But the online footage didnt impress me much
https://www.banggood.com/Hawkeye-Fir...stlinkid=94510

Great Thanks Canino.
Well John L. maybe the Hawkeye is more practical .
Dec 21, 2018, 12:05 PM
I would say, dont get a new keyfob or other minicam yet.
I have a caddx turtle v2 on the way.: 1080p 60fps plus very low latency fpv possible.
I believe the runcam split mini and the caddx turtle have jumpstarted the trend of 60fps (fpv included or not) micro cams. This development halted after the mobius mini. I think fxt is also adding something similar to their lineup.
2019 will probably be the year of the micro HD cams finally, as i see little to no real innovations on quads itself.
Gonna place one on my micro cars too.
Dec 21, 2018, 12:27 PM
Flight for life
Quote:
I would say, dont get a new keyfob or other minicam yet.
I have a caddx turtle v2 on the way.: 1080p 60fps plus very low latency fpv possible.
I believe the runcam split mini and the caddx turtle have jumpstarted the trend of 60fps (fpv included or not) micro cams. This development halted after the mobius mini. I think fxt is also adding something similar to their lineup.
2019 will probably be the year of the micro HD cams finally, as i see little to no real innovations on quads itself.
Gonna place one on my micro cars too.
Cool.
Looking forward for that review.
Thanks.
Dec 21, 2018, 12:55 PM
U807..... Or

A cold windy 37f today. Gloomy.
Last edited by Thickfog; Dec 21, 2018 at 01:01 PM.
Dec 21, 2018, 01:00 PM
Well, let's go fly a heli or 4. Been since October!
Dec 21, 2018, 01:01 PM
Well, out of all these, Goblin, Goblin, Goblin! For me it's the one! Flys so dang nice.

Like high horsepower, well-tuned u807!
Last edited by Thickfog; Dec 21, 2018 at 02:20 PM.
Dec 21, 2018, 03:48 PM
They look beautiful man. Although i have flewn some bigger quads and upclose seen others fly big quads,helis and planes. These bigger stuff still scare the crap out of me.
Last edited by canino; Dec 21, 2018 at 03:54 PM.
Dec 21, 2018, 05:05 PM
Quote:
They look beautiful man. Although i have flewn some bigger quads and upclose seen others fly big quads,helis and planes. These bigger stuff still scare the crap out of me.
Thanks Canino. Lil beat up except the newer oxy 4 max, but I have new canopies when the time is ready. No shelf queens here!

Didn't fly any big ones today. It's dark now and got too miserable out. Dang mist, wind and cold. So ugly out.
Dec 21, 2018, 05:33 PM
Flight for life
Oh well.
The rain as stoped after receiving 35 mm. Thank goodness it was not snow.
But all is brown and wet.
TGIF.
Life would be very different without GoPro cameras .

GoPro: Best of 2018 - Year in Review in 4K (3 min 46 sec)

Quick Reply