Dec 02, 2018, 07:56 AM
Fan of just about anything RC
Same here with our "Guinea", you could notice the signs of old age, like being more skinny, but she was as lively as ever. When we started to make coffee, she'd squeak to get noticed, so we wouldn't "forget" to give some veggies, which they love. Even with daylight savings active, in winter she'd get restless when it was around 19:00h, which would have been 20:00h in the summer time setting, and around 20:00h we usually take our evening coffee and get the Guinea pigs some veggies.

So apart from still having great hearing, despite being quite elderly, and a good "internal watch", she was very active on all areas, like a youngster, even almost climb up against the bars of the cage, to be closer to the veggies that would soon be coming from above.
Latest blog entry: For the love of the hobby!
to remove ads between posts
Dec 02, 2018, 09:52 AM
Sorry solo.

When I was young I had a Guinea pig. Then got another one to keep her company. In short time I had 24!
Dec 02, 2018, 10:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thickfog
Sorry solo.

When I was young I had a Guinea pig. Then got another one to keep her company. In short time I had 24!

Lol, that is what happened to us once too. We got a small one, female, but turned out she was already pregnant. Apparently the breeder had made a mistake with determining the gender, and keep these seperated once old enough to make babies. So we paid for one, and got a few extra.

I'm going to move all pictures of the pets we've had, to a single external hard drive. Now most are spread over various spots, so less convenient to browse these memories.
Dec 02, 2018, 11:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by canino
My condolences Solo. Last month our 2 year old (dwarf) hamster passed away.

https://youtu.be/8yf_QTbDeWM
What a waste!
What caused that. Looked like touch stress on the tail section. One min FUN. Next $3,000 ( just a guess. ) worth of junk.
Dec 02, 2018, 12:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Luciano
What caused that. Looked like touch stress on the tail section. One min FUN. Next $3,000 ( just a guess. ) worth of junk.
It just disintegrated mid-air, maybe a sudden gust of wind and stressed parts.
Or...
Dec 02, 2018, 07:22 PM
Flight for life
Ok guys.
Sunday night.
Lets relax.
I admire someone that has a passion and lives it.

Das kleine Schiffsmuseum (10 min 45 sec)
Dec 03, 2018, 01:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by geotric
Ok guys.
Sunday night.
Lets relax.
I admire someone that has a passion and lives it.

I think passion and life are two of a kind, you can't truly live without having at least some passion.
Dec 03, 2018, 11:04 AM
Flight for life
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloProFan
I think passion and life are two of a kind, you can't truly live without having at least some passion.
lol.
I did cross a few humans that did not know the joy of having a few passions in life . Pity.
Last edited by geotric; Dec 03, 2018 at 11:16 AM.
Dec 03, 2018, 12:55 PM
Quote:
lol.
I did cross a few humans that did not know the joy of having a few passions in life . Pity.

These persons should be pitied. Even losing something you care about is better than to not care at all. I once tried to reduce feelings to a minimum, many years ago, partially because it's hard to deal with strong emotions, and because I admired characters like Sherlock Holmes, who put most of their humanity aside to reach new levels in thinking power, without too many distractions. But that's fiction, and not the way. So while I don't like the feeling of loss, such as when our favorite pet died, I also cherish being able to feel.

And some may say pets only love the hand that feeds them. Which is certainly a factor, but there is more involved. We had 2 Guinea Pigs, one would instantly come out of hiding when she heard something moving, and started to draw attention. The other one is more shy. But the one who is more shy is the one that eats much more than the other one did and was always lighter than her companion. And also sometimes the old one could sit on my lap for up to half an hour, dozing off occasionally. And no food to be found on my lap, so that could not have been the motivation to stay there. She just felt really comfortable and secure.
Dec 03, 2018, 04:34 PM
Flight for life
Quote:
These persons should be pitied. Even losing something you care about is better than to not care at all. I once tried to reduce feelings to a minimum, many years ago, partially because it's hard to deal with strong emotions, and because I admired characters like Sherlock Holmes, who put most of their humanity aside to reach new levels in thinking power, without too many distractions. But that's fiction, and not the way. So while I don't like the feeling of loss, such as when our favorite pet died, I also cherish being able to feel.
And some may say pets only love the hand that feeds them. Which is certainly a factor, but there is more involved. We had 2 Guinea Pigs, one would instantly come out of hiding when she heard something moving, and started to draw attention. The other one is more shy. But the one who is more shy is the one that eats much more than the other one did and was always lighter than her companion. And also sometimes the old one could sit on my lap for up to half an hour, dozing off occasionally. And no food to be found on my lap, so that could not have been the motivation to stay there. She just felt really comfortable and secure.
Yes I totally agree with you.
People that do not own pets will never know the good feeling of being around them.
Dec 04, 2018, 12:18 PM
Flight for life
Oh well.
-5 centigrade and with the chill factor - 15 centigrade with a nice sun and polar wind.
So flying indoor today. Practicing my indoor flips with the Inductrix BL.
Maybe a video soon.
Sorry John L. ,,,lol.
Last edited by geotric; Dec 04, 2018 at 12:32 PM.
Dec 04, 2018, 02:46 PM
Here's a video, made with the quad built from the SkyStars Baby "Torture", I mean "Turtle" kit:

SkyStars Baby Turtle 145DVR - First FPV flight, recorded on ground station (2 min 18 sec)

Here's one of the challenges that this kit provided:

Dec 04, 2018, 03:10 PM
And a new "Baby Guinea":

Dec 04, 2018, 03:50 PM
Flight for life
Quote:
And a new "Baby Guinea":
So nice.
Congrats.
Long life to the new member and the old member,,,lol.
PS: Your quad looks like a door stop.
Dec 04, 2018, 04:40 PM
Quote:
So nice.
Congrats.
Long life to the new member and the old member,,,lol.
PS: Your quad looks like a door stop.

When in the pet shop, the choice was between this one, and another cutie, with 2 different colors of brown and white. While I liked the 3 color one a little better, the light brown and white sat really comfortable on my hand when the show owner handed her to me, while the 3 color one kept trying to get away. That made me get a better feel with the 2 color one. And so far that seems to have been a good call.

Quick Reply