Jun 04, 2017, 01:34 PM
Fan of just about anything RC
Quote:
Originally Posted by geotric View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloProFan View Post
Lol, I may sometimes overlook obvious mistakes, but the lens cap is off.
Solo .
The Master is ThickFog. He is around. Why not PM him. He is the Pro .

I though Casey had surpassed him, hence why he's no longer here.
to remove ads between posts
Jun 04, 2017, 04:23 PM
Flight for life
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloProFan View Post
I though the cowboy had surpassed him, hence why he's no longer here.
No no . ThickFog is the Pro. The Master . The Man. You can PM him and he will help you . I am certain you will thank me after. Go on .
Jun 04, 2017, 05:34 PM
Flight for life
Oh Dear . Since it is a nice Sunday. Lets go sailing. Ya sailing .
Enjoy.

Amazing Sailing Videos 2017 of When It's "Fresh to Frightening" (6 min 35 sec)
Jun 04, 2017, 05:47 PM
Flight for life
Oh Well. Yes FPV flying with my friend Charpu.
Enjoy.

Charpu Cathedral - FPV (3 min 24 sec)
Jun 04, 2017, 08:09 PM
Flight for life
Ok last one before bedtime with my friend Marc in perfect lighting .
Enjoy.

This Is Why I Fly FPV (3 min 25 sec)
Jun 05, 2017, 01:50 AM
Quote:
Oh Dear . Since it is a nice Sunday. Lets go sailing. Ya sailing .
Enjoy.

https://youtu.be/Cer9ouMTYOM

I'm glad I only do RC sailing. Btw, the picture that is displayed before you start the video, isn't really part of the video, right? Seen that a lot lately, often a nice clickbait picture is used, you want to see that in the video, and then the "cover picture" isn't part of the video, but just put there to catch your attention...
Jun 05, 2017, 06:01 AM
Quote:
No no . ThickFog is the Pro. The Master . The Man. You can PM him and he will help you . I am certain you will thank me after. Go on .

Camera issue seems to have been solved, before I could take your advice. I took the camera apart, and started checking the wiring. Video wiring seemed ok, camera output wired to the F4 board's Video-in, and a wire from the Video-out solder pad went back to the VTX. Which would agree with the fact that the OSD was well visible.

I started tracing the power, and eventually found a pad that gave 3 volts on the VTX side, but nothing on the camera side. There was also some damage on the plastic insulation around the connector pins. But at first I thought that was due to one of the 3 pins having been severed intentionally, so the camera output doesn't go straight into the VTX, but is re-routed through the OSD feature. But looking more closely, the 3 volt pin had also just been severed. So the camera wasn't getting any power. Using a screwdriver to short the severed connection, the camera popped back on.

I tried to bridge the gap with a small blob of solder, but that didn't work. Then cut a small piece of wire, tinned it, and tried to solder that in place as "bridge" which was tricky, but eventually worked.

Now one final challenge remains, routing the receiver antenna to a position safe from the props, but also having a good "view" on the transmitter signal, on a quad that is mostly board, and barely any frame:

Jun 05, 2017, 08:14 AM
Flight for life
[QUOTE=SoloProFan;37665596]Camera issue seems to have been solved, before I could take your advice. I took the camera apart, and started checking the wiring. Video wiring seemed ok, camera output wired to the F4 board's Video-in, and a wire from the Video-out solder pad went back to the VTX. Which would agree with the fact that the OSD was well visible.
I started tracing the power, and eventually found a pad that gave 3 volts on the VTX side, but nothing on the camera side. There was also some damage on the plastic insulation around the connector pins. But at first I thought that was due to one of the 3 pins having been severed intentionally, so the camera output doesn't go straight into the VTX, but is re-routed through the OSD feature. But looking more closely, the 3 volt pin had also just been severed. So the camera wasn't getting any power. Using a screwdriver to short the severed connection, the camera popped back on.
I tried to bridge the gap with a small blob of solder, but that didn't work. Then cut a small piece of wire, tinned it, and tried to solder that in place as "bridge" which was tricky, but eventually worked.
Now one final challenge remains, routing the receiver antenna to a position safe from the props, but also having a good "view" on the
transmitter signal, on a quad that is mostly board, and barely any frame:

Wow she looks good but all seems tight. I guess it is like that for Micro quads. Keep it up.
Jun 05, 2017, 08:16 AM
Flight for life
Oh Dear. Time for learning something new from the country that supplies us all those nice toys.
Enjoy.

The World's Largest Film Studio (13 min 18 sec)
Jun 05, 2017, 10:06 AM
Are we not men? We are DEVO!
@ solo, I find it easy to use the end of a tinned wire bent to and L on the end to bridge gaps. And then snip of the excess.
Jun 05, 2017, 12:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xanuser View Post
@ solo, I find it easy to use the end of a tinned wire bent to and L on the end to bridge gaps. And then snip of the excess.

That sounds like an easier way. Next time I get a quad with a "sabotaged" FPV camera, I'll try this method.

Made some more progress, used a small tie wrap through one of the unused Vbat solder holes, and fixed with a piece of heat shrink.

Jun 05, 2017, 03:59 PM
Flight for life
Oh Dear. Rain and strong rain. All day and for another day. So lets fly FPV in a desolate place in Malaysia with my friend Trinco.
Enjoy.

XDR FPV - Zombie Land (3 min 41 sec)
Jun 05, 2017, 04:59 PM
Flight for life
@ Solo. Since you like sailing and flying. Here is both.
Enjoy.

What the birdy's see (6 min 55 sec)
Jun 05, 2017, 05:17 PM

Can't see it ..too much work

Looks like a lot of work. I don't see the thrill in it. Soaking wet really can't see where your going. Maybe doing 40 MPH.
Jun 05, 2017, 05:41 PM
Flight for life
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Luciano View Post
Looks like a lot of work. I don't see the thrill in it. Soaking wet really can't see where your going. Maybe doing 40 MPH.
John you are right it is gruelling sport. But lets fly with the clouds of La Réunion Island with my friend Jean-Philippe (flying a DJI Mavic Pro).
Enjoy.

REUNION ISLAND (12 min 42 sec)
Last edited by geotric; Jun 05, 2017 at 05:52 PM.

Quick Reply