Thread Tools
May 19, 2017, 08:43 AM
Flight for life
geotric's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloProFan
I need those crosshairs to defend myself.

All OSD can be switched off, or just basic info, like battery and OSD..

Clean Air Mod (no extra e) means reversing motor directions and props. This apparently can help with the pitch up behavior that can occur in tight fast turns on some quads.
Oh yes I also saw that now that you mentioned reversing motors. No Solo I am an old dog so the set up I have for Acro, horizon and angle mode are just fine for me. I am not going for the record and my brain is normal,,,,LOL.
Yes OSD in FPV should be at a minimum like you say.
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
May 19, 2017, 09:05 AM
Fan of just about anything RC
SoloProFan's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by geotric
my brain is normal,,,,LOL.
.

That must be what scared Casey away from this thread.
May 19, 2017, 10:05 AM
Flight for life
geotric's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloProFan
That must be what scared Casey away from this thread.
Yes maybe or he knocked his head and forgot about us. It is ok We are a big family.
May 19, 2017, 11:48 AM
Flight for life
geotric's Avatar
Ok now since it is friday lets fly FPV with my friend Le Drib in Detroit Enjoy and finish your lunch first.

gold. (2 min 55 sec)
Last edited by geotric; May 20, 2017 at 05:31 AM.
May 19, 2017, 11:59 AM
Fan of just about anything RC
SoloProFan's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by geotric
Yes maybe or he knocked his head and forgot about us. It is ok We are a big family.

No, he's hiding here: https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...e-you-building

May 19, 2017, 12:53 PM
Flight for life
geotric's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloProFan
Oh ya the builders thread. Cool. I am more of a flyer and fixer . Also I like to do some modifications. But I do not have the skills to build and the time .
My skills are to fly and improve my flights in FPV flying and to have fun. And not get arrested.
Last edited by geotric; May 19, 2017 at 01:53 PM.
May 19, 2017, 02:09 PM
Fan of just about anything RC
SoloProFan's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by geotric
My skills are to fly and improve my flights in FPV flying and to have fun. And not get arrested.

In that particular order?


I like flying most. When something is almost perfect right out of the box, and "just keeps on ticking" flight after flight, that's the best feeling. Tinkering to improve some errors, nice too. Building I like as well, but it takes so much time.
May 19, 2017, 02:34 PM
Flight for life
geotric's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloProFan
In that particular order?


I like flying most. When something is almost perfect right out of the box, and "just keeps on ticking" flight after flight, that's the best feeling. Tinkering to improve some errors, nice too. Building I like as well, but it takes so much time.
Yes in that order,,,LOL.
Solo I started in this hobby by building Balsa airplanes and WW1 airplanes on both sides. After I did build about 15 RC gliders either of 2 meters or 3 meters wingspan. And I flew them with my Dad. I did build a few RC helicopters. So building now is only for work,,,LOL. Like you say : Time is the biggest factor and also for me skills with electronics . I am close to be 60 years old . So Time is short. Id rather fly .
I would be more now like Howard Hughes and his Spruce Goose H-4 Hercules ….LOL.

Howard Hughes - H-4 Hercules - Spruce Goose. (7 min 54 sec)
Last edited by geotric; May 19, 2017 at 03:08 PM.
May 19, 2017, 03:29 PM
Fan of just about anything RC
SoloProFan's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by geotric
Yes in that order,,,LOL.
Solo I started in this hobby by building Balsa airplanes and WW1 airplanes on both sides. After I did build about 15 RC gliders either of 2 meters or 3 meters wingspan. And I flew them with my Dad. I did build a few RC helicopters. So building now is only for work,,,LOL. Like you say : Time is the biggest factor and also for me skills with electronics . I am close to be 60 years old . So Time is short. Id rather fly .

I started with folding paper planes, plastic kits and foam toy planes:




Then my mother bought an RC kit for a small fireboat. I build that, and some other kits, with my dad. Also got into rc cars as well. Build a balsa glider, free flight, massively heavy due to painting it too much. Later made a new wing for it, with bigger wingspan, and hollow bottom. Tips were modeled after the wings of my favorite airplane, the Spitfire. Basically, the entire tip was just taking the outline of the entire Spitfire wing, copied from a plastic kit's wing, or book, and then upscaled to match the chord of the wing of the glider. No calculations, just trying things, and it flew much better than with the stock wing, which had been built too heavy.

RC flight only came into my life with 3ch coax helicopters, then some quads, more advanced small heli and more advanced quads. Still love LoS flying, but glad I took the jump to try FPV, first with a cheap and limited option, like the Eachine E40G, but now with these brushed and brushless F3 based quads, it's amazing.
May 19, 2017, 04:00 PM
Flight for life
geotric's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloProFan
I started with folding paper planes, plastic kits and foam toy planes:




Then my mother bought an RC kit for a small fireboat. I build that, and some other kits, with my dad. Also got into rc cars as well. Build a balsa glider, free flight, massively heavy due to painting it too much. Later made a new wing for it, with bigger wingspan, and hollow bottom. Tips were modeled after the wings of my favorite airplane, the Spitfire. Basically, the entire tip was just taking the outline of the entire Spitfire wing, copied from a plastic kit's wing, or book, and then upscaled to match the chord of the wing of the glider. No calculations, just trying things, and it flew much better than with the stock wing, which had been built too heavy.

RC flight only came into my life with 3ch coax helicopters, then some quads, more advanced small heli and more advanced quads. Still love LoS flying, but glad I took the jump to try FPV, first with a cheap and limited option, like the Eachine E40G, but now with these brushed and brushless F3 based quads, it's amazing.
Yes it is Amazing. My dad gave me a fantastic book on making awesome paper airplanes in 1970.
May 19, 2017, 07:32 PM
Flight for life
geotric's Avatar
Oh well since I am alone I will watch my friend Mr Steele work.

Drone FPV Footage from the BMW 1er Commercial (4 min 12 sec)
Last edited by geotric; May 19, 2017 at 07:37 PM.
May 19, 2017, 10:31 PM
Registered User
John Luciano's Avatar
A person flew over our car show with what looked like a DJI at one point they flew so low they almost ran into the street light. If u look carefully you can see it in this picture top left .
Last edited by John Luciano; May 19, 2017 at 10:36 PM.
May 20, 2017, 12:28 AM
Fan of just about anything RC
SoloProFan's Avatar
Nice book, I do remember seeing that particular design of the second picture in a magazine or so, as I think I've made this plane a few times in my younger days. But mostly I used a delta wing, enhanced with elevons, a vertical stabilizer and winglets. Back at elementary school (6 till 12yrs old) I used to get asked to fold planes for others, as the ones I made flew much better than those of my classmates.

We had a small class though, 6 boys and 6 girls, if I remember well. So it's not like I was only making paper planes during recess, and not being able to fly myself. Just some occasional "repairs" when one of the classmate's plane had been twisted the wrong way when picking it up, or so.
May 20, 2017, 12:32 AM
Regurgitation Utensil.
xanuser's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by geotric
Ok now since it is friday lets fly FPV with my friend Le Drib in Santa Rosa. Enjoy and finish your lunch first.

https://youtu.be/NN3y7SsciZg
yo, dat aint one of da rosa boyz!
May 20, 2017, 05:33 AM
Flight for life
geotric's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by xanuser
yo, dat aint one of da rosa boyz!
You are right. Got him mixed up . He is from Detroit Michigan. Thanks.


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Help! Taranis/4in1/Nihui U807/Flysky question landshark31 Beginner Multirotor Drones 0 Feb 01, 2017 11:29 PM
For Sale BRAND NEW Nihui U807 aggillator Aircraft - Electric - Multirotor (FS/W) 3 Oct 13, 2016 11:43 AM
Mini-Review BOJIANG S1 Review (Nihui U807 Killer?) - [Setup, Flight Test, Pros & Cons] rc808hawaii Mini Multirotor Drones 0 Oct 05, 2015 08:23 PM
Help! Nihui U807 Quadcopter Not Pairing LuckyEarthling Beginner Multirotor Drones 3 Sep 22, 2015 06:52 PM