May 10, 2017, 07:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gimp Man
What's a diode?

In your opinion which of the following 2 quads are best for FPV build.

1. H8 mini
2. Jj1000

I am thinking jj1000 to get some outdoor use/experience.
In stock form (no frame/motor swap or anything) i would prefer the h8 with a boldclash as you can tone down the yaw with the devo. Its been a while for me with the jj in stock form and i think the power/weight ratio is better on the h8mini.
to remove ads between posts
May 10, 2017, 05:02 PM
Flight for life
So John L. What's Up ?
May 10, 2017, 06:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by geotric
So John L. What's Up ?
John L will respond on Monday. He only has internet 2 days a week. And I think it's AOL dial up.
May 10, 2017, 06:32 PM
Flight for life
Quote:
John L will respond on Monday. He only has internet 2 days a week. And I think it's AOL dial up.
Yes and depending of the wind direction. Wow unreal. Oh well here getting ready for the Edmonton game. And Watching the Wash-Peng game . Here it is also unreal.
So cold . I worked outside all day. I think it was pleasant at 7 C. Very strong winds also. Rain for the weekend. When will it stop ? . Since Trump election the weather has been crap.,,,
Last edited by geotric; May 10, 2017 at 06:57 PM.
May 10, 2017, 07:15 PM
Flight for life
Oh well lets fly some FPV with my friend m0ke on holiday in Seattle. Enjoy.

dirt jumps for days (2 min 32 sec)
Last edited by geotric; May 11, 2017 at 06:22 AM.
May 10, 2017, 08:47 PM
We are not men, we are DEVO 7e
Quote:
Oh well lets fly some FPV with my friend m0ke in Seattle. Enjoy.

https://youtu.be/lVtuFho5Plk
m0ke= also from santa rosa!

I skated this park, by full moon, before it was even open... (decades ago, before even a speck of graffiti was applied)

Santa Rosa Skatepark (3 min 13 sec)
May 10, 2017, 09:25 PM
What? Soo like what is all that about.
The Mode 1 mode 2 referred to a training how to fly FPV . it was confusing because he was adding right throttle and left turn. They were explains the reason to add throttle to eliminate altitude drop in turns .
The experiment that failed was the adding of a AIO camera to the H36. I did it just t see if it would work. And it did not. I don't really need it I just wanted to try it as an experiment. It failed
Best flight time was 45 sec . Suggestion was made to change motors eliminate one prop blade and remove frame and go to woop frame.
Last edited by John Luciano; May 10, 2017 at 09:38 PM.
May 11, 2017, 01:10 AM
Quote:
What's a diode?

In your opinion which of the following 2 quads are best for FPV build.

1. H8 mini
2. Jj1000
JJRC1000 , in a carbon frame with 7mm motors.
But neither with the bundled toy mini transmitters .

Only problem I had is no beeper, so can be hard to find in uncut grass etc.
And easy to loose the batt in a crash (into tree) Batt gone flung off, gone forever
May 11, 2017, 06:26 AM
Flight for life
Quote:
Originally Posted by xanuser
m0ke= also from santa rosa!

I skated this park, by full moon, before it was even open... (decades ago, before even a speck of graffiti was applied)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=099nQFB6MQI
Wow lucky you. All the best FPV pilots lives in Santa Rosa.
Last edited by geotric; May 11, 2017 at 06:33 AM.
May 11, 2017, 07:25 AM
Flight for life
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Luciano
What? Soo like what is all that about.
The Mode 1 mode 2 referred to a training how to fly FPV . it was confusing because he was adding right throttle and left turn. They were explains the reason to add throttle to eliminate altitude drop in turns .
The experiment that failed was the adding of a AIO camera to the H36. I did it just t see if it would work. And it did not. I don't really need it I just wanted to try it as an experiment. It failed
Best flight time was 45 sec . Suggestion was made to change motors eliminate one prop blade and remove frame and go to woop frame.
Pity. John if you want to extend your time by 30 to 45 seconds ? Cut 2 blades out of the 4 bladed props. That will use less power. Good luck.
Fly with full charged batteries.
May 11, 2017, 11:56 AM
Flight for life
Oh well still cold and extremely windy. So lets watch a short AP video from my friend in Thailand. A nice but faraway place for a holiday .
PS I think he likes his new zoom.

[플라이드림]PHUKET : PHUKET (4 min 0 sec)
Last edited by geotric; May 11, 2017 at 12:02 PM.
May 11, 2017, 12:03 PM
I was going to make some Lude comet but it is so beautiful. I never saw a place as that. Looks volcanic .
May 11, 2017, 12:33 PM
Quote:
A nice but faraway place for a holiday .

https://youtu.be/tEXj6W_W2bU
Depends on where you live, from here it is about 12 hrs flying, but indeed Thailand is a very nice place for a holiday. From Phuket I've only seen the road from the harbour to the airport
May 11, 2017, 01:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by llinde
Depends on where you live, from here it is about 12 hrs flying, but indeed Thailand is a very nice place for a holiday. From Phuket I've only seen the road from the harbour to the airport
I was in Thailand in 1991. Took me 24 hours to get there and 36 hours coming back. (with connections). I didn't complain since my company paid for everything. I'd recommend a 12 day trip: 3 or 4 days in Bangkok followed by 6 or 7 days on a beach in Phuket. 2 days for travel. You should budget $8000 per person.

It was the best trip ever.
May 11, 2017, 01:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1101
JJRC1000 , in a carbon frame with 7mm motors.
But neither with the bundled toy mini transmitters .

Only problem I had is no beeper, so can be hard to find in uncut grass etc.
And easy to loose the batt in a crash (into tree) Batt gone flung off, gone forever
I have limited experience with outdoor FPV. But I do recall spending a fair bit of time searching for my Furibee and Moukd King.

Quick Reply