Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Mar 20, 2017, 05:09 PM
Flight for life
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gimp Man View Post
I am neither a mechanic nor a builder. I am a little bit of a pilot. But mostly I am a buyer and collector. Today I received my $8.99 JJRC H36 from Rosegal.com after only 7 weeks wait.

Also, I think Casey62 will be a master builder soon and will be teaching Thickfog.

Ps. I need to be nice to Casey since he has my money for the DEVO12e.

Cool. I understand.
Ps: Did you like my # 25 video with the Moskito 70 outside in the wind. With 2 right turns ?
to remove ads between posts
Mar 20, 2017, 05:11 PM
My best micro brushless, period... (i only have two, but still....)

KingKong 90GT Review (5 min 12 sec)
Mar 20, 2017, 05:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by geotric View Post
Cool. I understand.
Ps: Did you like my # 25 video with the Moskito 70 outside in the wind. With 2 right turns ?
I always watch your videos with great interest because I want to learn from the best. However, I was not impressed with the Moskito. It appeared to be like the $8.99 JJRC H36 I received from rosegal.com today. Except not as good.

But I hear the KingKong 90GT is awesome.

JJRC 1000 bnf flashdeal at GEARBEST

Only $11.49 free shipping
Last edited by Gimp Man; Mar 20, 2017 at 05:59 PM.
Mar 20, 2017, 05:52 PM
new2rc15
Quote:
I am neither a mechanic nor a builder. I am a little bit of a pilot. But mostly I am a buyer and collector. Today I received my $8.99 JJRC H36 from Rosegal.com after only 7 weeks wait.

Also, I think Casey62 will be a master builder soon and will be teaching Thickfog.

Ps. I need to be nice to Casey since he has my money for the DEVO12e.
I don't have any money, but I do have a 12E new in the box still in the shipping carton. I hope it's not crushed...
Mar 20, 2017, 05:54 PM
Flight for life
Quote:
I always watch your videos with great interest because I want to learn from the best. However, I was not impressed with the Moskito. It appeared to be like the $8.99 JJRC H36 I received from rosegal.com today. Except not as good.

But I hear the KingKong 90GT is awesome.
Cool. I am happy for you. I never heard of that brand. I will look into it. Thanks.
Mar 20, 2017, 06:09 PM
Quote:
Cool. I am happy for you. I never heard of that brand. I will look into it. Thanks.
Its awesome.
Mar 20, 2017, 06:35 PM
new2rc15
Quote:
Originally Posted by canino View Post
My best micro brushless, period... (i only have two, but still....)

https://youtu.be/OJgiSZPoRiI
Looks good!
Mar 20, 2017, 06:36 PM
Fan of just about anything RC
KingKong already makes nice props, I remember their 4045 regular props being so much better and cheaper than the stock Assassin 180 props. Seems now they are making nice quads to go with their props.

Currently testing the Swift 135, hoping to also be allowed to test the 90GT. I'm starting to like the 75 to 130 class a lot. Quads can perform just as well as bigger ones, and looking at agility, often even better.
Mar 20, 2017, 06:55 PM
Flight for life
Quote:
Originally Posted by canino View Post
Its awesome.
Yes awesome . only $ 225 Can with shipping plus customs fee.
Mar 20, 2017, 06:58 PM
Flight for life
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloProFan View Post
KingKong already makes nice props, I remember their 4045 regular props being so much better and cheaper than the stock Assassin 180 props. Seems now they are making nice quads to go with their props.

Currently testing the Swift 135, hoping to also be allowed to test the 90GT. I'm starting to like the 75 to 130 class a lot. Quads can perform just as well as bigger ones, and looking at agility, often even better.
+1. I feel the same about those class. And because they are smaller they are more crash resistant. And I am noticing that passer by are not too curious since they are small. And in their minds small means toys. Right on.
The U 807 and the Vortex 150 attracts attention.
Last edited by geotric; Mar 20, 2017 at 07:08 PM.
Mar 20, 2017, 10:16 PM
Regurgitation Utensil.
Quote:
+1. I feel the same about those class. And because they are smaller they are more crash resistant. And I am noticing that passer by are not too curious since they are small. And in their minds small means toys. Right on.
nailed it. that why i love my jjrc h31 with a real FC and FPV gear. no hassles from anyone thinking im spying. and it literally would bounce off a party balloon without popping it.
Mar 20, 2017, 11:15 PM
new2rc15
Quote:
Originally Posted by xanuser View Post
nailed it. that why i love my jjrc h31 with a real FC and FPV gear. no hassles from anyone thinking im spying. and it literally would bounce off a party balloon without popping it.
So you're saying I should put a Scisky and FPV stuff in my extra 807?
Mar 20, 2017, 11:28 PM
Regurgitation Utensil.
Quote:
Originally Posted by casey62 View Post
So you're saying I should put a Scisky and FPV stuff in my extra 807?
i actually tried that, and it totally sucked eggs. dont know why. afterwards i tired a jjrc 1k board just to see if it was the scisky causing issues.. conclusion; the 807 frame likes to have the 807 FC.

was just agreeing on the toy form factor as a non nuisance to most passersby.
Mar 21, 2017, 02:05 AM
Fan of just about anything RC
Quote:

Indeed. When I fly on my favorite spot, often cars park at some distance, some just notice me flying, you hear them talking, like explaining to kids "that man over there is flying a drone, and see the image on his goggles." but rarely someone comes close and ask things. Bigger ones make more noise usually, and then some heads will turn, or even in one occasion someone came crossing the field, walking 150m to tell me I should not be flying there. Since then the biggest thing I've flown FPV there is 150 size, and in that case, the Tarot 150, which isn't as "savage" as a 1306 motor quad, since it's 1104 motors only. And even that only startles some birds, that sit in the tree that is in the center of the field.

I'll save the bigger birds for industrial area, with large unoccupied pieces of land, and the noise of the props is drowned out by the regular noise around there.
Mar 21, 2017, 06:37 AM
Flight for life
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloProFan View Post
Indeed. When I fly on my favorite spot, often cars park at some distance, some just notice me flying, you hear them talking, like explaining to kids "that man over there is flying a drone, and see the image on his goggles." but rarely someone comes close and ask things. Bigger ones make more noise usually, and then some heads will turn, or even in one occasion someone came crossing the field, walking 150m to tell me I should not be flying there. Since then the biggest thing I've flown FPV there is 150 size, and in that case, the Tarot 150, which isn't as "savage" as a 1306 motor quad, since it's 1104 motors only. And even that only startles some birds, that sit in the tree that is in the center of the field.

I'll save the bigger birds for industrial area, with large unoccupied pieces of land, and the noise of the props is drowned out by the regular noise around there.
Yes that is the solution to have hassle free flights. Bye Bye big quads. I might give my U 807 to the Latvia airforce to kick out those invading Russians.
Ps: @ Solo. Work in progress at Furious.
Last edited by geotric; Mar 21, 2017 at 06:47 AM.