Aug 18, 2016, 04:12 PM
Fan of just about anything RC
Quote:
Originally Posted by thickfog
yes! The stupid yaw rates have to stop. Please!

+100!
Latest blog entry: For the love of the hobby!
to remove ads between posts
Aug 18, 2016, 04:14 PM
Upstanding Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by soloprofan
+100!
+807
Aug 18, 2016, 04:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xanuser
LMAO!

Maybe we should start a thread...

Dear China, please stop supporting lame reviewers with no flight skills!

And while we're at it please stop with the stupid slow or silly fast yaw rates and new transmitter protocols!.
I can relate , in a certain way, to your previous comments on review videos (this and other thread). But on the other hand its all about $$$. I guess most of the sales in the toy grade RC's are ordered by mainstream / new flyers and not all of you fine hardcore gentleman on the forum here.
Otherwise there would be more new toy quads without headless and other gimmicks but more with stuff like acro (and such). I mean its probably not that hard to put acro on little cheap quads (silverxxx). But they probably cant sell acro as good as headless. And the "media" as to adapt.

I am new to reviewing and try/hope to please both worlds, but i definitely aint a master in flying (intermediate at most). I still havent received my darn fpv camera aswell, so fpv's still not on my resume.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thickfog
Yes! The stupid yaw rates have to stop. Please!
Thats because they want to shove headless mode down our throats.
Aug 18, 2016, 04:29 PM
Upstanding Member
Quote:
I've never flown acro fpv. Can't wait. Only fpv a few times. It's weird and disorienting.
huh, as soon as I replaced the terrible camera in my first FPV set up (Syma kit with Headplay HD) FPV has felt very natural. Even moreso with a proper FPV cam and VTX.
Camera and headset FOV and video quality make a big difference.

I'm also really looking forward to full acro FPV. Hopefully will happen this weekend.
Aug 18, 2016, 04:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurt
huh, as soon as I replaced the terrible camera in my first FPV set up (Syma kit with Headplay HD) FPV has felt very natural. Even moreso with a proper FPV cam and VTX.

I'm also really looking forward to full acro FPV. Hopefully will happen this weekend.
I have high end gear for fpv, but it is so odd. Yeah, the good stuff is like night and day.

I still have a hard time with where the ground is, how close is that branch, that house, how high am I really, etc. It's so different than los.
Aug 18, 2016, 06:07 PM
Flight for life
Quote:
I have high end gear for fpv, but it is so odd. Yeah, the good stuff is like night and day.

I still have a hard time with where the ground is, how close is that branch, that house, how high am I really, etc. It's so different than los.
Yes I agree. This is why you get great training in judging the distances from object and height when flying FPV inside with space to move. It did work for me.
It was so funny when I was able to master FPV inside. It just click in my head and voila I think it is work in progress. My bad habit when flying FPV outside is increasing throttle when not needed or without realizing that the throttle was just fine. So I get sudden rise . Espacially with the Vortex 250.
Aug 18, 2016, 07:08 PM
new2rc15
Quote:
+807
Ha

Quote:
Originally Posted by canino
I can relate , in a certain way, to your previous comments on review videos (this and other thread). But on the other hand its all about $$$. I guess most of the sales in the toy grade RC's are ordered by mainstream / new flyers and not all of you fine hardcore gentleman on the forum here.
Otherwise there would be more new toy quads without headless and other gimmicks but more with stuff like acro (and such). I mean its probably not that hard to put acro on little cheap quads (silverxxx). But they probably cant sell acro as good as headless. And the "media" as to adapt.

I am new to reviewing and try/hope to please both worlds, but i definitely aint a master in flying (intermediate at most). I still havent received my darn fpv camera aswell, so fpv's still not on my resume.

Thats because they want to shove headless mode down our throats.
But Gimp likes a throt full of headless mode...

Quote:

Taking the easy out,eh? What happens when your headset pukes mid flight, and you have to toss it and fly the quad back, but your didn't learn any moves before you flew it way over there...

Quote:

You know I won't pay any mind to that branch, or that house, or that ground. I'm gonna fly that quad into them all if my steerin' ain't good enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by geotric
Yes I agree. This is why you get great training in judging the distances from object and height when flying FPV inside with space to move. It did work for me.
It was so funny when I was able to master FPV inside. It just click in my head and voila I think it is work in progress. My bad habit when flying FPV outside is increasing throttle when not needed or without realizing that the throttle was just fine. So I get sudden rise . Espacially with the Vortex 250.
Hey G, I'm a victim of online bullying. I got teased and had my manhood belittled. Because of peer pressure, I jacked my rates up to 50% and my expo down to 5%. Now my battery cable is a two-piece-er. I think Kurt owes me a check for (hold on, let me close this BG. X100 window)... $33.99
Aug 18, 2016, 07:29 PM
Flight for life
Quote:
Originally Posted by casey62
Ha

Hey G, I'm a victim of online bullying. I got teased and had my manhood belittled. Because of peer pressure, I jacked my rates up to 50% and my expo down to 5%. Now my battery cable is a two-piece-er. I think Kurt owes me a check for (hold on, let me close this BG. X100 window)... $33.99
You are forgiven my son,,,,,,LOL
Aug 18, 2016, 07:54 PM
new2rc15
Quote:
Originally Posted by geotric
You are forgiven my son,,,,,,LOL
I have 4 batteries charged, so I have to do some soldering. I was just starting to get my groove on, and a crash threw the battery out and ripped the ends of the battery cable off. I'm sure the previous 10 crashes didn't have anything to do with it. I don't understand it; 50% is like 20% harder... I have to devise a stouter battery retainer. The quad can take my crashing in the grass, but it's a pita when the battery flies off 9 out of ten times
Aug 18, 2016, 08:01 PM

8.5mm motors direct drive micro?

Hi all,

Guys, I love flying the JJRC 1000.

Now, a cheap and nice 8.5mm motors micro, does anyone has in mind?
Aug 18, 2016, 08:17 PM
Flight for life
Quote:
Originally Posted by MNMN
Hi all,

Only MMW. micro-motor-warehouse.com
Aug 18, 2016, 08:36 PM
We are not men, we are DEVO 7e
Quote:
Originally Posted by MNMN
Hi all,

spintechmotors.com just as good as mmw imo, but you get 2 free motors.
Latest blog entry: MY notes/ Ascent 2"build notes
Aug 18, 2016, 08:47 PM
Upstanding Member
Quote:
Taking the easy out,eh? What happens when your headset pukes mid flight, and you have to toss it and fly the quad back, but your didn't learn any moves before you flew it way over there...
headless mode, baby!
Oh wait.... none of my quads have that.... guess I'd just go straight to the Headplay thread and bitch about that POS

Quote:
whoawhoawhoawhoa easy there Casey, You should have gone to 35 or 40% next, nobody suggested you were ready for 50%!

But yeah, I did burn you pretty bad. Will a butchered up but still flyable X4 make it all better?

I got out and acro'd Seņor Rodeo LOS this evening. Been raining like crazy the last week so the field was all mushy like.
Good thing too, a couple of half-way completed loops would have surely flattened her like a pancake over solid ground.
Probably should program in ~120% D/R...
Aug 18, 2016, 09:23 PM
Holy cow Kurt!
Aug 18, 2016, 09:49 PM
Upstanding Member
Quote:
Holy cow Kurt!
she's one tough mudder!
A lot easier to clear than an exposed-frame racer too.

After the second crash there was some gunk inside/around the right front motor and it didn't spin up when I set her down and tried to take off. Flipped right over on her back.
Quick wipe with a finger, hand-spin of the prop and up she went again.
Walkera hit it out of the park with this one. Buttery smooth and scalpel sharp controls, power out the wazoo and sharp looks.
Yes please!

Quick Reply