Aug 18, 2016, 11:29 AM
Upstanding Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thickfog View Post
Kurt! Come on now. Do you fly acro?
Yes, XK100 (which kind of sucks in acro due to inefficient, 3D props but it broke my cherry for totally non-stabilized flying) and Rodeo 150.
So far LOS only, waiting for a plug so I can replace the Rodeo's sucky stock camera then will fly acro FPV.

I'm certainly no Charpu, but I do stay at Holiday Inn and fly acro with 100% rates.
to remove ads between posts
Aug 18, 2016, 12:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurt View Post
Yes, XK100 (which kind of sucks in acro due to inefficient, 3D props but it broke my cherry for totally non-stabilized flying) and Rodeo 150.
So far LOS only, waiting for a plug so I can replace the Rodeo's sucky stock camera then will fly acro FPV.

I'm certainly no Charpu, but I do stay at Holiday Inn and fly acro with 100% rates.
I've never flown acro fpv. Can't wait. Only fpv a few times. It's weird and disorienting.

Yeah, the xk x100 is sloppy I think. People like it, but I think it handles for crap. It's robotic. And the whole reverse motors thing is so poor. Nothing like a good cp heli.
Aug 18, 2016, 12:26 PM
Fan of just about anything RC
Quote:
Originally Posted by xanuser View Post
considering your avatar, im gonna guess you can do more than cruise at low rates into a soccer goal 100 meters out. im also going to veture you dont adjust your trims because "its kinda windy out here folks."
Lol, my avatar shows a 4 channel self stabilizing FP heli, so it hovers handsfree. It was harder to fly though than a 6 axis modern heli, as back in those days, only the mSR had piro-compensation, Which means that as soon as you gave rudder on a Solo Pro V, the heli would also, accelerate or move backwards. That took some getting used to when coming from a coax heli, which by default, turns on the spot.

6 axis quads are far easier to fly than that old Solo Pro V heli, also didn't have a flybar that could get stuck behind the tail boom, and since a heli has no reverse, no way to wiggle it free, while seeing it drop...

Trims, last time I used these were on the H8 Mini, before I realized you could calibrate the gyro. Trims are a no-no mostly, on 6 axis stuff it can make a piro turn into an arch like movement. And on 3 axis mode, if available, any trims out of center will be seen as stick input, and in 3 axis, the quad will follow the sticks. So off-center right roll trim, you''ll be constantly compensating with a little left roll stick input. Center the stick, and it will roll till upside down...

Quote:
You rock! No worries solo.
Thanks, but still have a lot to learn. I feel like I can fly any decent quad LoS in 6 axis mode, but in acro it's limited to proximity flying slow figure eight, and some manual flips.

And in FPV I can take off with the glasses, fly around, and fly back to around the landing area, but landing is LoS. And only 6 axis mode so far. So plenty of room to grow, but I do see progress compared to a year ago, when the L6052 still seemed like "pretty fast and powerful" and even a bit scary.

Kinda funny to read back my first quadcopter review thread: https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show....php?t=2391262
Latest blog entry: For the love of the hobby!
Aug 18, 2016, 12:45 PM
new2rc15
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloProFan View Post
Lol. I wonder how you rate me. I can't nearly crash things as good as Casey does.
You do the flyin' and I'll do the crashin'. What a dream team!
Aug 18, 2016, 12:47 PM
new2rc15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurt View Post
what? This is coming from the guy that flies acro with 30% D/R??!
Pull up your big boy pants and FLY the dang thing!
You've had the most hard core training possible: garage mastery of the previously untamable U807!
You hush 807 sissy; I do have the yaw at 100%
Aug 18, 2016, 12:49 PM
new2rc15
Quote:
Ha! Ain't that the truth. My favorite is rc escape on YouTube. Good lord. Telling me how great the xk x350 is when the frame is so weak that it shakes itself to death. Turn he says, the motors are just too powerful! Uh, duh. It's called mismatched and junk. As he flies at half throttle in straight lines. These guys are unreal.
Dirty, dirty shills. RC and 101 should not be sent acrobatic 3D quads for review, unless they come out with a headless 3D mode...
Aug 18, 2016, 12:52 PM
new2rc15
Quote:
Kurt! Come on now. Do you fly acro? I think Casey is doing awesome from his last vid. He'll be acro like a boss in month guaranteed.

When you all gonna try cp helis. Buy a xk k110. Smooth beast. Easier to fly acro than a qaud in my opinion. Nothing better than a heli for acro and 3d. Way smoother with cp than reversing motors crap.
Thanks for the props T, I won't get a
CP heli, cuz I hate searching for pieces in the grass
Aug 18, 2016, 12:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by casey62 View Post
You do the flyin' and I'll do the crashin'. What a dream team!
Sounds great.
Aug 18, 2016, 01:36 PM
Quote:
Thanks for the props T, I won't get a
CP heli, cuz I hate searching for pieces in the grass
Nah. The new micros are pretty robust. I never look for pieces. I know they'll be obliterated anyway!
Aug 18, 2016, 03:00 PM
Quote:
I've never flown acro fpv. Can't wait. Only fpv a few times. It's weird and disorienting.

Yeah, the xk x100 is sloppy I think. People like it, but I think it handles for crap. It's robotic. And the whole reverse motors thing is so poor. Nothing like a good cp heli.
I can't speak for acro mode (ie. beyond my skills) but I think the XK X100 is great. It's a hyper JJ1000 with greater range and inverted flying plus acro mode. A must add-on if you already have X7 tx from the x251.

And now it whoops the tiny whoop's ass for outdoor FPV flying.

XK x100 Tiny Whoop KILLER !! INVERTED FPV ! "" BEAST MODE"" (12 min 25 sec)

Ps. I have the perfect settings if anyone wants them.
Aug 18, 2016, 03:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gimp Man View Post

Ps. I have the perfect settings if anyone wants them.

Settings are always nice. The X100 definitely has the range to be an excellent FPV quad.
Aug 18, 2016, 03:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloProFan View Post
Settings are always nice. The X100 definitely has the range to be an excellent FPV quad.
Hmmm maybe I'll set mine up with a camera and normalized props.
Aug 18, 2016, 03:18 PM
We are not men, we are DEVO 7e
Quote:
Dirty, dirty shills. RC and 101 should not be sent acrobatic 3D quads for review, unless they come out with a headless 3D mode...
LMAO!

Maybe we should start a thread...

Dear China, please stop supporting lame reviewers with no flight skills!

And while we're at it please stop with the stupid slow or silly fast yaw rates and new transmitter protocols!

PS... If you can't put a cam with real 720 video on your quads, just don't even bother at all!

Signed RCgroups.com membership.
Aug 18, 2016, 03:30 PM
Yes! The stupid yaw rates have to stop. Please!
Aug 18, 2016, 03:36 PM
new2rc15
Quote:
Originally Posted by xanuser View Post
LMAO!

Maybe we should start a thread...

Dear China, please stop supporting lame reviewers with no flight skills!

And while we're at it please stop with the stupid slow or silly fast yaw rates and new transmitter protocols!

PS... If you can't put a cam with real 720 video on your quads, just don't even bother at all!

Signed RCgroups.com membership.
Quote:
Yes! The stupid yaw rates have to stop. Please!
A slow yaw rate can be compensated for with good pitch, but a crazy yaw rate cancels out good pitch...
The complaints about X12 slow yaw were constant, but that didn't stop me from turning it on a dime

The six million dollar Syma X12 (1 min 26 sec)

Quick Reply